UPDATE: Entries are now closed! Vote at this link or to the right of this article -->
Hi. It's me. How's it going? Cool. You like scary things? Ghosts? Monsters? Zombies? Awesome.
We're approaching these last months of the year, which is always my favorite. I hope 2016 has treated you all well, and I hope the remainder will too. What does this mean for JKHub?
We read all of your survey results, and we found one trending request: more mod contests! We all agreed that contests are a fun way to get people involved and keeping the modding community alive and breathing. Over the past couple years, we've tried having a contest every few months, though that didn't quite happen. We will continue to host more contests than we did before.
With that said, I'd like to introduce the JKHub Halloween Contest! It sounds straightforward to most, I'm sure, but in case there are people that are reading this that don't know what Halloween is, it's basically a holiday centered around horror and scary things. There's a history behind it, and feel free to look that up on your own.
This contest's rules will be similar to the Episode VII contest we had before, but with some changes to the system.
- All submissions must be Halloween-themed (so scary, spooky, frightening, etc.)
- You can only enter your own creations.
- You may enter more than one file.
- Already existing files cannot be submitted this time. The goal is to encourage new creations!
- Any content is welcome, including skins, models, maps, weapons, menu mods, etc. Just make sure it abides by the rules.
- Files can be for Jedi Academy and/or Jedi Outcast. We will assume files are for JKA unless specified otherwise.
- The deadline for submitting content is October 23, 2016.
- The poll will be closed by October 30, 2016.
On the 23rd, we will close submissions. All members will be able to vote for their favorite file. The submission(s) with the most votes will be declared the winner(s). (We will announce how many winners exactly when we see how many submissions we have.
How do I submit my mod?
Our goal is to make it as simple as possible for both you guys and us. The way you submit your file for this contest is to upload them as normal files in our file section, but using a new category called Contest Entries.
So go to this link, as you normally would, and when choosing a category, choose Contest Entries. If you don't enter it there, your file won't be entered until you do. If you realize that you didn't do that, PM a staff member and we can change it for you.
How do I vote?
On the 24th, we will post a poll that all members can vote in. It will be featured in the Latest Poll area on the front page, as well as the usual forum for polls. You may only vote once. Polls will be displayed publicly, to avoid voting fraud. (Happens every time, shame on you)
All entries will be listed here as they come rolling in.
Good luck and have fun making sp00ky stuff!