About This File
The Prequel Conversion mod will do exactly that: convert the Single Player campaign story and experience into that of the prequel Star Wars movies (Episodes I, II, and III). This includes replacing various characters to those in the movies. A list will be given below to reveal what is replaced:
- Trade Federation Battledroids (with corresponding rank colors):Stormtroopers, Imperials, Snowtroopers
- Super Battledroids: Imperials, Rocket Troopers, Stormtrooper Commander, Saboteur
- Droidekas: Hazardtroopers, Assassin Droids
- Maganaguards with Electrostaff: Cultists
- Jango Fett: Boba Fett
- Nute Gunray: Racto (the guy on Coruscant who's making illegal droids)
- Wat Tambor: Rax (the fat Imperial who chases Jaden for sport)
- Clone troopers (Mark II): Rebel, Wedge
- E-5 Blaster Rifle (Battledroid blaster): E-11 Blaster Rifle (Stormtrooper blaster)
- KiSteer 1284 sniper rifle (Zam Wessel's rifle): Tenloss Projectile Sniper Rifle
- DC-15A Repeating Blaster (Clone Assault Blaster): Imperial Repeater
- Hailfire droid: AT-ST
- Republic Gunship/ARC-170 Starfighter: X-Wing (Cinematic/Vehicle)
- Jedi Starfighter (Mark II): Z-95
- Vulture Droid Starfighter: TIE Fighter
- Trifighter/Soulless One (Grievous' Starfighter): TIE Bomber
- Blaster pistol: from yellow to red
- Repeater: from yellow and round to blue and normal looking
- Turrets: yellow to red
- Nute Gunray has a brand new voice, thanks to a friend who is an excellent voice actor.
- Wat Tambor has Rax's voice but with effects to make it sound more like his.
- Dialogue from Jaden is changed to say Jango in instead of Boba
- Stormtrooper conversations are changed to droid conversations. I had to think, "What would droids talk about?"
- Cultist conversations with each other and with Alora are now more "magnaguard" sounding. I did the best I could.
- Rebel/Wedge dialogue is filtered to sound like it's from a Clone trooper helmet.
- Dialogue that mentions the Empire or Stormtroopers has either been changed to say droids or just removed with context in tact
- Levelshots updated to reflect various changes (mostly the vehicles)
- All subtitles and menus edited to remove all mention of Imperial/Empire/Stormtroopers and to reflect dialogue changes
- Menus and HUD changed to reflect new weapons.
- The Super Battledroid uses it's own animations thanks to the MBII team. It also uses the old bryar slot that isn't used in JA.
- All scripting issues were resolved all thanks to therfiles at JKHub. He was oh so very helpful.
This is a quite large mod that I started quite a long time ago with the original release of my "Battledroid SP" mod. I took a long break from modding and returned to work on this mod. It is not quite finished, as it will become a slightly larger mod. This is only version 1. Version 2 might come before I merge this into something slightly bigger eventually. The majority of the content in this mod is not mine at all. I merely combined a lot of pre-existing material from other authors to make this. That made it easier and definitely better, as my work would not be anywhere near as good, but I still worked really hard on this in all other ways. FOR BEST RESULTS: Play with maximum dismemberment. An autoexec.cfg is included with the necessary settings for this. It's the only way to do it in JA SP.
- Most are unavoidable unfortunately, but aren't really major.
- The Droidekas use the emplaced gun effects, so when using a turret, it will sound like the Droideka gun sounds.
- The plot still doesn't make sense, due to the main characters like Luke and Kyle still being involved. Obviously this doesn't make sense canonically and historically. The next version will fix this. There is no interference with Multiplayer as far as I can tell. I don't play it, so let me know if there are any issues.
I hope to continue this project even further, replacing the main characters as best as I can, complete with voices to match the characters. My plan is to replace Luke with Mace Windu, Kyle with Obi-Wan, and Alora with Grievous. I might replace Tavion with Dooku, but I'm not sure yet. Other details will be revealed and discussed on JKHub.
- Prophet and Major Clod for the Battledroid model. It's so old, yet it's the best model of a battledroid. Good times!
- Movie Battles II team - TK231 for his effects (Blue blaster, droideka, etc) - Duncan_10158 for the Droideka and Hailfire -
and whoever was the author of the SBD and it's skeleton/animations - the E-5 blaster -
- Pahricida for the DC-15A rifle
- Manquesa for the Jedi Starfighter model
- Majin Revan/Hatrus for the Droid Starfighter/Vulture droid
- Inyri for the Trifighter model
- Minilogoguy18 for the ARC-170 star fighter
- Mars Marshall for the Gunship, Magnaguard, Jango Fett, Clone trooper, and Zam rifle models
- Kurtis 'KMan' Smith/Psyk0Sith for the Wat Tambor model
- Wytchking/Wector for the Nute Gunray model
- therfiles for his butt-saving help with scripting fixes and being helpful with suggestions and testing
- Everyone at JKHub that is being helpful with suggestions and help with my endless thread making in the assistance forum
Windows: Put the pk3 in your base folder found in Program Files/Lucasarts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/Gametdata/base/
Mac: Either in the app base folder (right click, show contents), or in user/library/containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/data/library/application support/jedi academy/base
The autoexec.cfg goes in the base folder as well.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC., RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASFILM LTD.™ & DISNEY, INC.™ AND/OR ITS LICENSORS. STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ AND WALT DISNEY, INC.™ STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ & DISNEY, INC.™
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now