A new foolish contestA new contest has arrived! This one we haven't done before, so I'm hoping it is a success. April Fool's Day is a Western holiday, focused on bamboozles, tricks, and downright ridiculous tomfoolery. What does that mean for the contest? Technically, anything goes. In 2019 terms, this is where the meme mods will shine. Some examples would be a fun house map full of tricks and illusions, a model of something ridiculous like a panda wearing a bunny suit that wields a banana gun, or something simple like replacing every texture in the game with a pizza texture. Get crazy and creative. Keep it fairly clean, but if you're worried about your idea, PM a staff member before spending time on it. The Fool's Gold Standard™ For this contest, the voting process will be a bit different. Since we're starting it later than we should have, we won't have time to open the voting to the public. Typically we like to give a week for everyone to login and vote, since most people don't visit the site daily. Instead, the JKHub staff members will be the judges. All submissions will be reviewed by us and we will vote for which ones we think should win. I'm dubbing this The Fool's Gold Standard™ - as cheesy as it sounds. All mods and results will be posted in an article on April 1st. Rules:
- All submissions must be foolish in some way. This is hugely subjective and pretty lenient. If someone submits their super high poly model of a Star Wars character, that probably won't make it - could be amazing, but doesn't really fit.
- You can only enter your own creations.
- You may enter more than one file.
- Already existing files cannot be submitted. The goal is to encourage new creations!
- Any form of mod content is welcome, including skins, models, maps, weapons, menu mods, etc. Just make sure it abides by the file submission rules.
- Files can be for Jedi Academy and/or Jedi Outcast. We will assume files are for JKA unless specified otherwise.
- Keep it tasteful and not over-the-top dirty or inappropriate. Staff decides as a group if things are in question.
- The deadline for submitting content is March 31, 2019.
How do I submit my mod?Our goal is to make it as simple as possible for everyone involved. The way you submit your file for this contest is to upload them as normal files in our file section, but using the category called Contest Entries. Click the button below, and submit your mod as you normally would. The category should be set to April Fool's 2019 already. If you don't enter it there, your file won't be entered until you do. If you realize that you didn't do that, PM a staff member and we can change it for you. Good luck and get crazy!