Cassian Andor

Message added by Circa,

You can download Scerendo's Cassian Andor model here.

Update 25/05/2017

A Minor Update atm, been a bit swamped so haven't had a lot of time to get much done.

Finished off the textures and mesh for the vest version:

8EshhO.png

And been working on the highpoly for the Parka/Jeda Outfit. That being said I realised after taking this render, that his hood is more bunched up at the back, so I'll probably be redoing that. The fur is just some place holder fibers.

N4jt3v.png

On a side note, after seeing the costumes for Episode VIII for Finn and Poe:

vanityfair0003.jpg

I've noticed they are fairly similar to their last iterations and Poe's isnt too far off Cassians, which will make things a bit easier when I get around to do them. Though I'm thinking of redoing the textures for them and Rey at some point anyway.

Update 07/05/2017

Just a quick update been working on the Highpoly for his vest:

r23MCO.png

Next up will be the Parker and that should pretty much be it for the highpoly art, unless I am forgetting something.

Update  02/05/2017

On another note I have started work on the Lowpoly and textures for JKA:

8lLCYm.png

Feedback always welcomed!

Been working on this guy for the last week, Cassian from Rogue One. Still in early stages, but here's the WIP of the highpoly thus far:

qTow3H.png

I'm aiming to also include his Vest and Parker coat as an outfit option aswell, we shall how it goes though.

Also on another note I'll be uploading the Tiplar Twins a bit later, just need to sort out bot files and singleplayer stuff etc, but here is how they look:

uJHSab.png

95oTlv.png

Not entirely happy with the tentacles on them tbh, had to resort to planes for most of them due to polygon restrictions - also they look a little odd to me since they have to be static :(. I will probably be doing a higher poly version of the tentacles for my portfolio and pbr versions so I will include that at some point.

Comments, Questions and Constructive Criticism always welcome.

Jeff, Penekowski, Alvar007 and 24 others like this

Been working on this guy for the last week, Cassian from Rogue One. Still in early stages, but here's the WIP of the highpoly thus far:

qTow3H.png

I'm aiming to also include his Vest and Parker coat as an outfit option aswell, we shall how it goes though.

Also on another note I'll be uploading the Tiplar Twins a bit later, just need to sort out bot files and singleplayer stuff etc, but here is how they look:

uJHSab.png

95oTlv.png

Not entirely happy with the tentacles on them tbh, had to resort to planes for most of them due to polygon restrictions - also they look a little odd to me since they have to be static :(. I will probably be doing a higher poly version of the tentacles for my portfolio and pbr versions so I will include that at some point.

That is pretty funny that i did a Cassian Andor skin using your poe damerron model and noe u finally do a new one ^^
Scerendo likes this

I can't believe what I'm watching. Tiplee and Tiplar look beyond awesome. I don't know how you do the textures to look EXACTLY like the TV show, but I'm gonna give them a good use for sure on my projects. Thank you so much for this!

qTow3H.png

uJHSab.png

95oTlv.png

O KURWA

dark_apprentice and Scerendo like this

Thanks for the responses so far guys!

Looks great so far. Also, are you planning to make more costume variations? Because in the movie, he appears without a jacket and, at one point, with an imperial officer costume.

I am definitely planning to. I have made his undershirt with his Scariff appearance in mind - though whether I will do the imperial uniform I shall see.

I can't believe what I'm watching. Tiplee and Tiplar look beyond awesome. I don't know how you do the textures to look EXACTLY like the TV show, but I'm gonna give them a good use for sure on my projects. Thank you so much for this!

I mainly just made the textures in Quixel Suite and used AshuraDX's PBR to JKA material to bake the textures.

Looks like a good starting point for a Han Solo model as well. :P

It all looks amazing as usual!

Lol I had trouble unseeing Han Solo the whole I was making it.

swegmaster and Circa like this

Holy hand grenade! You're so good that I want to take a backflip through a wall and grow potatoes though the hole.

On a less serious note, I would really love to know more about your workflow. Do you sculpt it in one piece, or every part separately, then glue it together? Sculpt -> Retopo -> More sculpt, or Modeling -> Sculpt, orrr?

• 2 weeks later...

One bit of feedback on the Tiplee Twins - I've noticed some clipping/deforming at the back of the neck during the idle animations (BOTH_STAND1IDLE1 in Modview for an example).

Thanks, I shall make some tweaks to the weighing.

Holy hand grenade! You're so good that I want to take a backflip through a wall and grow potatoes though the hole.

On a less serious note, I would really love to know more about your workflow. Do you sculpt it in one piece, or every part separately, then glue it together? Sculpt -> Retopo -> More sculpt, or Modeling -> Sculpt, orrr?

Well I tend to start off with a base mesh then I will  mask off areas then use the extract tool in zbrush to create the different pieces as subtools, then sculpt each piece until everything is how I want it. I like to get the highpoly as near finished as I can or at least the form of the model near complete. Then I will normally bake maps and do the texturing in Quixel.

Or some DF2 characters. :D

Might be an idea, could certainly use a Gorc and Pic model :)

On another note I have started work on the Lowpoly and textures for JKA:

8lLCYm.png

Feedback always welcomed!

One day man, baking lights and shadows onto the diffuse will be a thing of the past for this game and your models will really shine. ;)

Would love for you to make a few models for DF2. Psyk0sith has already taken up Gorc & Pic, though. There's still plenty others to choose from so if you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Anyhow as always, superb job!

Scerendo likes this