Jump to content

Ramikad

Members
  • Content Count

    1,219
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Modding Interests
    Mapper

Recent Profile Visitors

1,793 profile views
  1. I generally make them usable func_door entities - they're simplest func_ entity with an already integrated basic movement, so they're pretty much flexible enough for me to use them as doors, bridges and elevators, anything moving on a straight line really. Otherwise you can have them as func_static (maybe with an origin brush too, not sure if it was needed or not) and move them through script.
  2. Personally I've been experimenting with Blender: It doesn't look very good from up close, but I think it can be improved with shaders. The only real problem is that those terrains, being solidified models, don't render grass sprites. For the record, at least the top screenshot spans 3.5 km from side to side, about 5 km from corner to corner.
  3. I personally prefer to use 1.5 for that very reason: vertex manipulation is painful in 1.4 and 1.6. Also, I remember trying 1.3.12 (I believe) once, and I absolutely despised that you basically couldn't scale groups of models as you easily can in 1.5 - not even sure if they were scaled at all. On the other hand, I rarely use one of the latest Radiant versions because (unlike 1.5 - and that's my only gripe with it really) it allows very large maps - 1.5 cuts them off at about +/- 32000 units from the center. As for invisible brushes, I did fall for them a few times in the past, but it's an easy fix once you get the hang of it.
  4. Yeah, lowering blocksize to 0 isn't necessarily good for every map, but since there's no real need for VIS in this one I figured he may as well take it out entirely. There's only literally the two corridors to the sides that could cull parts of the map, and the geometry overall isn't that complex as to require VIS.
  5. Simply select any worldspawn brush and type in blocksize 0 (setting the blocksize value to 0).
  6. Just tested it - I misinterpreted it. This bug isn't caused by duplicate brushes - it seems to be related to some strange VIS stuff as NAB622 suggested. I tried to compile the map you posted, and it did create that bug. I reduced the blocksize to 0 (in the worldspawn), made everything detail brushes (except for the "outer shell"), compiled it and the bug was gone.
  7. That's puzzling. To my knowledge only a few things can cause the bug you're describing: - An actual leak - but this is not the case, as the compiler doesn't return any sort of error on this matter; - A brush with a mirror shader - if the mirror doesn't have any entity and camera to go with, it will show a similar effect to that; - Two brushes, one overlapping the other: it seems strange though that you couldn't find anything - make sure you didn't hide the brush beneath it (accidentally hitting the H key); make sure that you didn't make it a detail and filtered it out (CTRL + D); and make sure your filter list (View -> Filter) is clean, so that everything that's there is shown. What suggests me that it's actually another brush overlapping it is that you said you tried to recreate it with the same results - that shouldn't happen. Other than that, I don't know. One last thing you could try would be to move all your map by a little in any direction - say 128 units (a random number) - and see if that changes anything.
  8. Easiest way would be to look at this sort of bug / invisible brushes in-game - that's what generally duplicate brushes cause. That at least helps narrowing down the area where to look for them.
  9. Make sure that there aren't any duplicate brushes in that area - if there was a leak it would return a ton of errors, and duplicate brushes aren't really visible in Radiant.
  10. Not sure, but probably Naboo Streets. Stuff like the domes and the details on the bridges seem to match.
  11. Unless we're talking hundreds of edges I'd manually split them, to make sure - the modifier may have missed some. Select the mesh, enter Edit Mode, switch to the UV / Image Editor, tick Keep UV and edit mode mesh selection in sync (right of the Rotation / Scaling Pivot), then manually select all edges of the islands, return to 3D View, then Mesh -> Edges -> Edge Split. That should solve it, splitting any edge that the modifier didn't.
  12. Eye of the Beholder Trilogy is free on GOG until 19th June, 5 PM UTC.
  13. You can try selecting the mesh, entering Edit Mode, then Mesh -> Clean up -> Delete Loose ticking Vertices only. Not sure this will fix it though, but it might.
  14. The solution here would be to go through the UVmap of the mesh which causes the error, then tick the option to "Keep UV and edit mode mesh selection in sync" (left of the selection modes), select all the seams that make up the "islands" (the "perimeters" basically), then go back to 3D View and select Mesh -> Edges -> Edge split. That does exactly what the program asks you to do - splitting meshes at UV seams - and should fix the problem.
  15. Can't be sure - make sure to check mrwonko's site as Lancelot suggested, as well as this section and subcategories - but I don't think anyone has ever made a coop map like the one you're describing.
×
×
  • Create New...