STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takes a shit ton of trial and error and I nearly hung myself over transferring UV Unwraps for the lightmaps between one version and another - sadly this took out a lot of my time for another project I had hoped to help out with - but maybe I'll be able to keep up with the pace now that I got back into it properly.

Btw... Movie Duels Developers - did your coders change anything with regards to dynamicGlow / rendering of Fog / OpenGL blendFuncs? Because I had tried to make this map look good in BaseJKA / OpenJK - not with the Movie Duels fork.

If so and you remember what it is, PM me and I might be able to work around it.

EAGLE Soundmesh also works now.

FPS I presume is still horrible though with all the fog and EFX - I'll try my best to make this run on potato PCs

On 12/30/2020 at 4:04 PM, Tompa9 said:

We still have to figure out why is this happening. Could be some code limitations, maybe too many effects... we dont know. It is pretty annoying I agree.

Linken from Galactic Legacy MOD told me on YouTube, that Jace Solaris fixed the error of blasters no effect 😄

Is this true? :)))

In the next update of MD, will this fix in the update? 😍

• 1 month later...

Hey there.  I downloaded Jedi Academy on Steam but am running MovieDuels through the .exe.  I'm noticing that the skybox isn't being loaded in the missions, it's just gray.  This is happening across all missions.  I'm also noticing some missing textures (i.e. those generic gray squares with the glowing white outline, probably related).  I'm looking at the jaconfig and jampconfig and r_fastsky is set to 0 so that isn't the problem.  Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it?  Thanks.

Hey there.  I want to bring in new models and skins to my copy of Movie Duels.  It looks like the filepaths for the models and skins are the same as in the stock Jedi Academy, but how do I create thumbnails in the character selection screen to make my new models/skins selectable?  Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • Circa changed the title to STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of Movie Duels II)