Brand New Rigged Models With Links!

This may interest some of you, for those who want new models!

leia_episode_4_by_jc_starstorm-da6f9dz.j

shaak_ti_by_jc_starstorm-d8rri4u.jpg

emperor_palpatine_by_jc_starstorm-d8rikb

han_solo_by_jc_starstorm-d8qqvre.jpg

You can get these all and MORE here:

http://jc-starstorm.deviantart.com/gallery/53477357/Downloadable-XPS-Characters

There are also characters from the Alien movies, RoboCop, other Star Wars models too. You can download the models you just click on the model image in that link and then click download on the right side of the page (may need to scroll to see it).

That's a big collection, no question. But I wonder if he was allowed to share some of the Jedi Academy/Outcast models, like Mara Jade and @@DT85's Luke Skywalker model. At least he didn't give any credit for them.

He simply mentions that he has them from Jedi Academy, that's all.

Please not another guy who takes the work from others and uses them to his liking.

This sort of thing just decays the JK modding community because no one learns to make anything.

I don't really get how. They're not rigged for JA so there's no free lunch here. They'd all have to be rigged to the JA skeleton. As for the JK modding community, there's no one left anyway ( www.massassi.net and www.jkhub.net ).

/badjoke

No ones making any original content here anymore. It's all just stuff that's been chewed up and spit back out. There is infinite possibilities with this game and that's not an exaggeration but people are more worried about swapping parts on 10+ year old models than taking advantage of the latest innovations to the games code. Now you can have visuals that match a seventh generation gaming console.

Nothing but a bunch of rehashing.

the_raven, Asgarath83 and Langerd like this

Looking back at the times when Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were released, I was fascinated by the way how people created new content.

Even if someone had little experience in modeling, there was still an ambition that inspired them to create things nobody did before.

Most of the models back then, if not all custom models, were all made by hand. Today it's like "Port this, port that, port everything".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really opposed to porting, as long as parts of a model (e.g. the head) are worked well into another model.

But what I really dislike is that whenever someone finds a model of a more recent game, or a model looks better than one we already have, they want the whole thing ported right away.

The whole porting thing seems to get out of hand.

No ones making any original content here anymore.

... *Whispering*...

I am making QnQ

But yeah... i am tired of looking at WIP forums and see .... ports from force unleshed or battlefront... making models are turning into creating lego figures and modyfing.. making models, maps textures or animations (I know That You are Master in that) ... it is way better and more satisfaying.. to see maybe not better looking models than force unleshed or battlefront but made models by Yourself.. and You can learn in the process too..

I hope we will see more modders actually starting to make models on their own from scratch.. i am not saying that Kitbashing artists and Frankenstein models are bad.. but they are too many and making these models are way diffrent then original content.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I know there are some people making original stuff but it's like a very small portion of all the people registered here, like VERY small.

What will happen when every model has been mashed together and they run out of ideas?

To be fair, without that work, half of the completed requests would never get completed. Sure it's fine to say "Hey look it's a port! No originality there at all!", however there are mods that actually use partial ports to bring a character to Jedi Academy that would NEVER get done from scratch, because the reality is that making things from scratch take longer to do, and while I do encourage that people make their own models, I don't think it really matters providing they have the proper permissions and credits, because it actually HELPS people get their requests done quicker.

Can you honestly tell me that the Requests Section isn't bloated with uncompleted requests? This is the basic mentality of people here. You make a request and other members give one of the following responses:

1. You should check out these tutorials so you can try this yourself!

2. You're asking for a port!! This is frowned upon and you should not do it!

Seriously, the only "help" I mostly see are those that will combine mods with the right permissions to bring someones request to life. Want an example? Sure! Here you go:

https://jkhub.org/topic/861-starcraft-skinpack-request/

Did you miss it? Was the text too small? Here, let me expand that for you:

4dc9ed774b5c263dfdb60d96d1f23d03.png

Check the post date of that request, too. 2012. There are many more like it. There are members that DO help people with their requests, and I give full applause to them for it. Other requests have just been lost in the ocean of the Requests Section. This needs to end. Either help someone with their request, if you can't then just offer some friendly support.

And this is the so-called "community" that's being decayed? Looks like it's been decaying since 2012 to me.

My turn to step in, lets talk about porting...yeah porting. Honestly now, lets all think back to when we were younger and played other games and really like the characters. For my example I loved the KOTOR series and as soon as I saw someone start to port a character over to JKA I went nuts and downloaded it right away, think it was a Mandalorian Neo Crusader? Anyway, to get into my details here about ports is that I loved how the characters were designed in the KOTOR series and seeing the exact thing brought over into JKA was awesome because it was like playing as that exact character in a new world. Also ported content could also be viewed as an upgrade for character graphics, which can seem out of place sometimes playing as a current gen character ported over into a game that's 14 years old. Another way to look at porting is like playing a game on Playstation and that game has DLC content that has a character from another Playstation game, so that's content from another game put into the game you are playing. I understand this can be argued over in many ways, but try to look at it from my point of view. No one is telling anyone to stop porting as well as no one is telling anyone to stop creating things from scratch. Things created from scratch, things ported over, things created from scratch and ports is all different skill types. I know deep down we all want the best of the best that can work in JKA. So those who create from scratch, keep doing what you do because I've seen amazing accomplishments on here. Those of who you do ports, keep doing what you do, because I've seen some ports that made some of our dreams come true. At last but not least, those of you who combine scratch with ports you keep doing what you do because sometimes things put together from scratch with ported content on top of that makes some unique accomplishments. So let me just remind you guys, we are all on JKHUB for the same reason...trying to keep the Jedi Knight series alive and going and make the best out of this game with what skill people have to offer to enhance the experience playing probably the best online Star Wars game there is out there. Keep doing what you do best people! :winkthumb:

I seriously despise the internet sometimes because people like to take credit for others' work. That being said, it is to be expected from degenerates. If someone stole my work, I'd be pissed- but also flattered, due to the fact people believe my models are good enough to be stolen.

I know that's a "dumb" point of view, but.

Langerd and the_raven like this

I seriously despise the internet sometimes because people like to take credit for others' work. That being said, it is to be expected from degenerates. If someone stole my work, I'd be pissed- but also flattered, due to the fact people believe my models are good enough to be stolen.

I know that's a "dumb" point of view, but.

Yeah, there are a lot of pirates that still exist today. It's not a dumb point of view, if it's what is true to you, then don't let anyone try to make you feel different about it.

The reason why people like me just point people to tutorials is because the ones who make original content are far too busy with large scale stuff to stop what they're doing and spend time making something that doesn't interest them.

We're all self taught by youtube here btw so it's not impossible to learn.

The reason things fell off is mostly because of porting, it's like people on welfare, why work when you can have something for free?

Daedra and Noodle like this

The reason why people like me just point people to tutorials is because the ones who make original content are far too busy with large scale stuff to stop what they're doing and spend time making something that doesn't interest them.

We're all self taught by youtube here btw so it's not impossible to learn.

The reason things fell off is mostly because of porting, it's like people on welfare, why work when you can have something for free?

I only agree with your view based on direct full ports with no credit or permission. That is just wrong entirely. It would be better if the person directly porting a full model would put their skills into learning how to make models and mold it into a self made clone of the full port model, that would at least be better.

However I still stand up for those who sometimes use partial ports in their mods, as long as the right permission/credits are used, because not everyone can understand modelling or coding (not everyone has the same frame of mind about things). This is why I respect requests, because even though most do get ignored, it's what someone would like to see from talented modders of the community. How can the community be as such if we all just say "Hey, learn how to do it yourself!" instead of supporting and coming together to make something new? There is no advancement of any community like that.

the_raven and The Punisher like this

I could really do with that Palpatine being rigged and such, as a model for my "MD2 Remastered" mod.. Not my area of modding though, unfortunately.

emperor_palpatine_by_jc_starstorm-d8rikb

There's a chance the head could be ported onto an existing Palpatine body, re-texture it and that should do it.

General Howard likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't really get how. They're not rigged for JA so there's no free lunch here. They'd all have to be rigged to the JA skeleton. As for the JK modding community, there's no one left anyway ( www.massassi.net and www.jkhub.net ).

/badjoke

Ironally thanks to blender you could do about one of these and hour... First you need to spit the mesh up into 1000 vert pieces or decrease there verts. I'd say split em personally and avoid losing details and messing up the texture mapping. Then reassign the textures, next bring them into a already rigged model, assign, weight paint the parts appropriately... Probably a little tweaking around and wallah, yea you could do it. 

But to be fair I agree, honestly people should learn to scratch make this stuff. If they're clever they'll do as is needed for these higher poly meshes to come into JKA and split it up a bit as they design it better. Ergo allowing a lot more detail. Or ffs maybe the open jk guys can edit this limitation with there god like nerd skillz?