[Request] Grand Moff Tarkin

Hey folks, I wonder if one of our 3D modelers would take up the challenge of bringing Grand Moff Tarkin into Jedi Academy?

With the recent release of Rogue One, a lot of us are looking back at the original 1977 Star Wars film and one of the few elements from that movie that has yet to be properly realized in JKA is Peter Cushing's villainous Grand Moff.

Years ago, Hapslash had a model in progress but, alas, it never emerged and its creator has long since been lost to the void (pun intended). Perhaps someone else might consider taking it up?

I'm happy to lend assistance in the form of texture work on the finished product.

A few reference pics to help get started:

Tarkin-3@2x_16f7b5db.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2

maxresdefault.jpg

I hope someone considers taking up this request - you may fire when ready!

I was just about to start such topic, because I tried couple of time with iClone 6, iClone 5 and even CrazyTalk 8 but nothing was good enough. I also found this 3D model made on ZBrush from a person on internet, he even agreed when I contacted him to work together to bring this model for JKA, but sadly he is too busy with professional projects and can't make a lower poly version of his model, which I just share as a inspiration to the OT images (of course his nose is a bit bigger than original actor). I would like to see Pysk0 to make Tarkin a reality for JKA.

15645166_1846888928922736_1158871882_n.j

krkarr, Penekowski and Lancelot like this
  • 2 weeks later...

With the quantity (and quality) of the models made for Jedi Academy, I wonder if there is any other game, which received so many modifications from fans? I guess, there are. But the speed and quantity of models per year surpasses the number of the early JK projects. 

We've got just so many, that I feel, there might be not a single character in Star Wars not to appear in Jedi Academy, be it Beru Lars, Salacious Crumb, Nuvo Vindi, general Riiken or Jira.

ZanderNao and Jeff like this
  • 11 months later...

It's using head from Force Arena, mobile game. We need one entirely made for Jka

I can´t see no point of creating new Tarkin head for JKA. Force Arena head is nice quality and can be rigged. I´m against full ports but what Kualan has done is very good work.

I think everyone forgot about this...

Kualan did it himself. However, that's not to put everyone down. It's great to see things like this :)

And that folks is why porting is shady, you thought he made it when it's in fact ported. Don't get me wrong, it's a great pack no question about it but the whole situation kills the incentive to create new content for the already overcrowded player model population. Why bother when you know your model will serve as a crotch until the port is released.

I can´t see no point of creating new Tarkin head for JKA. Force Arena head is nice quality and can be rigged. I´m against full ports but what Kualan has done is very good work.

It's good for a mobile game yes, it is good that such mobile game have almost similar quality to the base JKA characters. But that is all..... Go look "Rivals" Tarkin vs. Force Arena (Rivals mobile game have better Tarkin), yet this doesn't mean that we do not need a new fresh model of him. Why [?] Because, we need to provide space to those of us, who really are capable to do it, because original assets will always be better when they are made entirely for the specific game (sure you can port it from whatever place you want, maybe even EA BF can release one too some time in near future that looks like a real one), but we now have advanced modeling programs and artists over here.

Personally, I would stand behind everyone who is willing to make Peter Cushing's Tarkin for Jedi Academy from scratch, because this actor deserve it the most.

Lancelot and Tompa9 like this