Sarlacc Pit - small Duel map

You can probably use easygen and make a make a heightmap with a pit in it. You can just get easygen to spit out the .map file with no textures or anything and then open it up in Radiant, caulk it all, then do texturing or phong shading or whatever. 

Otherwise, just do it manually. It'll take a while but once you understand which vertices to manipulate its not bad. You can download my junk maps from the Ice Station Wampa post last page and I think I have terrain samples in there. You can pull the brushwork out and use it if your want.

Langerd and Archangel35757 like this

Phong shading is the way to go. Nice work, by the way! If you feel heroic, you could try and remake parts of the Sarlacc as seen in TFU. Otherwise, even a small tract of stomach, as you thought. I wouldn't suggest you to go the easy way and put a death pit.

Langerd likes this

Wow, that's surprisingly detailed, and all the details added into the depth of the sarlacc makes it look awesome. It simply looks impressively immersive, at least in those screenshots, it makes it look insanely natural with every layer of the sarlacc depicted. Awesome. :D

Still, I would change the control panel, because looking at it I always see : | face.  :teehee:

I am drawning the fixed controlpanel for doors and some other things to this map. I am thinking about these corridors on the top. I will probably add some cantina stuff - tables with bottles and glasses. Many of them will have wall monitors with sarlacc on the screen. This is the arena but for map this big i think it is enough for FFA not DUEL.

I am typing here for Your requests as well :) giving me ideas would be rly helpful for me.

Asgarath83 likes this

I think its great. Nice lighting contrast. Will the sarlac be animated? I would animate it. Trigger_animate.  :P

To make the maw move i used deformvertexes. Animated MD3 is not good :/ maybe with script because the misc_model_breakable doesnt catch the light. I dont know about using the glm or special scripted npc I must think about that. Making a pit without any animation would be boring...

The stomach is the hardest part. Thinking that this is inside its body there shouldnt be any light source (maybe it will be arena even in the stomach!!! With small stomach juice stomachs or tentacle traps which will kill the player ofcourse ... this is the Multiplayer map [i hate mapping for multi -_-] ).

The ideas are always nice but resaults in the game is other thing. It is strange that the animations in jka are well made only for glm.

Asgarath83 likes this

That is a nice arena! I would make a second version for some beasts like nexu to appear there. But the one with Sarlacc is surprisingly good - that is because Sarlacc is truly a beast and according to the encyclopedia such a creature would grow more and more, eventually destroying all around it.

But I like this map. And the roof area is especially eye-catching one.

Langerd likes this

Hate to be random here, but am I the only one who sees a giant

anus

in the middle of the desert?

All joking aside, this looks bomb. Good job mane.

It's not that odd. The Sarlac Pit is a Freudian nightmare, though most people say it looks like a giant vagina that represents George Lucas' phobia of them. 

eezstreet and Langerd like this

In my opinion this .. Creature is one of the most frightened s*#t in star wars ever. It looks very strange and horryfing. But this scene in episode 6 is one of my fav. I dont know why but i always wanted to add it to this game :)

It's not that odd. The Sarlac Pit is a Freudian nightmare, though most people say it looks like a giant vagina that represents George Lucas' phobia of them. 

I heard that! Lol XD Kinda possible (that is why he add this mouth in special edition)

In my opinion this .. Creature is one of the most frightened s*#t in star wars ever. It looks very strange and horryfing. But this scene in episode 6 is one of my fav. I dont know why but i always wanted to add it to this game :)

I heard that! Lol XD Kinda possible (that is why he add this mouth in special edition)

Just to clarify, I don't think the resemblance is a bad thing. Some of the scarier things in cinema have to do with references to those things related to the most intimate parts of the human essence. The Alien movies are filled with phalic iconography and they are the stuff of nightmares.  

Mandalorian likes this