Post Your Frankenstein Ideas Here

One of the things that interested me most about the canceled Star Wars 1313 game were the droids seen jumping onto the crashing craft... What was distinctive to me was their heads. Would there be any interest anyone had in frankensteining a head onto a conventional droid body? Perhaps HK-55 or the like?

Pictures:

617x.jpgsw1313_gamescom_screenshot-12.jpg

Smoo likes this
  • 1 month later...

That's really easy, it can be done in a minute or two, but per comments by @@Xeby:

Any modifications on this costume is not allowed without My and @@RevanKnight permission.

You might need to ask @@Xeby first if is OK (or if he can update the head from his model).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working on a SP campaign and I always imagined the villain being a Chiss in Shadowtrooper armor (without the helmet of course). So that's what I want, Chiss bartender's head on a Shadowtrooper's body.

I can do a lot of things mod-wise, but I never learned how to Frankenstein player models. Plus I'm kind of swamped with things to do as it is, what with trying to do a whole SP campaign. Can anyone help me out?

I'm working on a SP campaign and I always imagined the villain being a Chiss in Shadowtrooper armor (without the helmet of course). So that's what I want, Chiss bartender's head on a Shadowtrooper's body.

I can do a lot of things mod-wise, but I never learned how to Frankenstein player models. Plus I'm kind of swamped with things to do as it is, what with trying to do a whole SP campaign. Can anyone help me out?

Actually, that can be easily helped with thanks to the user @@Maui. :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZpCZE32qt3FzHJETfTZlcGehsG7xGLH8

It's actually quite simple to frankenstein once you get the hang of it. Been doing it for a while myself. :D

Maui likes this

Attempted to Frankenstein it myself. Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V didn't copy paste the head properly like the video said. Tried Googling how to copy paste in Blender and many sources said to duplicate with Shift + D, but when I tried to delete the original model it deleted my duplicated head as well. Getting frustrated, I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Man I hate Blender.

Attempted to Frankenstein it myself. Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V didn't copy paste the head properly like the video said. Tried Googling how to copy paste in Blender and many sources said to duplicate with Shift + D, but when I tried to delete the original model it deleted my duplicated head as well. Getting frustrated, I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Man I hate Blender.

It can be rocky at first, but don't give up just yet. Try starting with simpler frankensteins and then continue onwards from there.

The Punisher likes this

Man I hate Blender.

I admit, Blender is not intuitive, but there is nothing to hate about it. The problem is you are thinking about Blender like a conventional application and it is not.

In Blender you don't copy/paste. In Blender you "duplicate" parts. And when Frankensteining, you move objects from one model to another.

For example, you want to use the body of model A with the head of model B:

open model A in a "layer" (Layer 1) and delete it's head

open model B on another "layer" (Layer 2)

move the head of model B to layer 1 and reassign it to that model's hierarchy.

Delete model B

Export the new model to the desired folder.

It might sound confusing and intimidating at first, but trust me, I am a total idiot and I learned how to do it with the tutorials here at The Hub.

:)

You can check "Frankensteining with Blender" in the modding assistance section. It helped me a lot.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

It's mainly the control scheme I hate, I'm used to Maya. Right clicking to select objects drives me nuts.

I know the feeling, I wish it was more intuitive (or "dummy friendly" for me). Anyway, this is the tread I mentioned before (I don't get all the tag options on my phone).

https://jkhub.org/topic/4905-frankensteining-with-blender/ 

Check the instructions documented by @@Artemis, they are pretty nice. Hope it helps. 

Artemis likes this

I would like to see Leia as Jedi. Like in Tfu 2 dlc. I think dark did something similar but it needs better head like from this dark Leia :-)

It's the same head WOW. Just got her some "dark side" makeup in photoshop.... I can try to give my TFU2 Leia the head of Battlefront 3 Free Radical Leia, but it's not much better than the one that i used here.

• 4 months later...