Porting Discussion

C'mon eez, these kids are too new, they weren't around when jk3files almost got shut down for hosting ported content, that's why none of them take it seriously.

It's simple, if you want JKHub to stay in existence then you will quit caring about being able to submit ported content. If you don't then fuck you and gtfo.

I already said it once, if you want to port, port models from games YOU OWN to games YOU OWN and DON'T REDISTRIBUTE THEM.

The ironic thing is that I'm willing to bet that a lot of these kids were like maybe 1 or 2 when JKA came out (I was 10, so I mean maybe not much better)

i feel old. The old days of JKA were best. Back when people actually gave a damn. >_>

What happened with the jk3files cease & desist? Somehow I managed to miss what happened then.

I'm not sure what happened with BioWare. Ask Inyri about that, as she might know more. All I could dig up was something on their site:

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/news/IMPORTANT_note_to_people_submitting_files;2037

Circa likes this

According to what Lucasfilm just sent me... even making a custom character is risking the site. Modding the game at all besides inserting something non-star wars related (i.e. baseball bat) is "inappropriate"

Re: STAR WARS™, STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED™ sound effects and proprietary elements from the Star Wars motion pictures in connection with your modding

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your email dated January 2, 2014 requesting authorization to use STAR WARS™, STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED™ sound effects and proprietary elements from the Star Wars motion pictures in connection with your modding. Although we appreciate your interest, we cannot grant you the permission you seek. We receive many requests seeking permission to use material from the Star Wars motion pictures, and we are unfortunately unable to grant permission for uses that are not associated more closely with our films.

Lucasfilm Ltd. is the sole and exclusive owner of the Star Wars motion pictures and any other Star Wars properties. These properties and unique elements that appear therein are protected by the copyright and trademark laws of the United States and other nations. Please note that any unauthorized use of these names, characters, music and images would, at a minimum, be inappropriate.

Sincerely,

/S/

Christopher Holm

Business Affairs

Lucasfilm Ltd.

CH/sg

"Hello my name is Brad., I am an avid modder of the Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy game. I have been modding it for about 6 years, and make all original models/ textures/ shaders for it and release it for free.. My concern, is I was going to make a Starkiller or Proxy model, and would like to use the sound effects from the Force Unleashed game along with my original models, so they sound like the real people. This is a non profit mod, I sell nothing or makie any money off anything, it is all done for free and for fun and I just wanted to make sure if I release a model for JKA with a few TFU sounds mixed in will I get sued or something? I see no reason to be sued or pursued as there will never be money made off of it. It is quite a big project and I would like you to tell me if I am breaking any rules since I want to be fully compliant with you guys. Thank you for your time!"

now I feel all... inappropriate  =/

I feel as if I just lead the orcs right to us...

Quick! BURN all the evidence!

6hzu.gif

negru_tudor, Onysfx and Circa like this

From my point of view the MODS are evil!

Don't lecture me, Katana! I see through the lies of the Hub. I do not fear Lucasfilm as you do. 

The entire activity in general is questionable is what they say. 

I say fuck em. Put out our own models, textures, shaders, maps, scripts, sounds and pray they dont try to murder us for _humanoid.gla  XD

"Are we ready to finish what he started? Then at last, the Rebel Alliance is born. Here, tonight."