Omega Skincare Workshop

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

58 minutes ago, Revan9190 said:

You definitely deserve a break. I've been working on models for Battlefront (classic 2005) myself and sometimes it can really grate on the nerves if it drones on for a long time, or you get stuck with a certain mesh. But I literally just got back into it, but I suspect I'll have to take another break before long.

It's all really work!

Revan9190 and Omega like this
  • 1 month later...
On 8/30/2021 at 11:40 AM, Mandalorian said:

I am also making one, except from scratch. Is this one using existed ported assets? Looking good so far

Using EA Battlefront parts for the main stuff like the helmet, maybe the jetpack and some armor pieces? I'm taking my time with this one.

BlindDaThief likes this
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AshuraDX said:

That looks incredibly flat and boring. The helmet and suit need some prerendered lighting to make it pop:

fyt3rBG.png

Had to grab these stills from a gif I made in the past, so the compression is quite bad - but I think you can see the difference a bit of pre-lighting makes.

EDIT:

Found the assets!

I know we all have our preferences...so I'm sorry to hear my work of art didn't do justice for you, but instead of slandering my work maybe you should try downloading the model and check it out in game and then you will see for yourself the details that make it pop. A wise man once said "don't judge a book by its cover" but I appreciate your feedback.

TheWhitePhoenix and kibasennin like this

I did not mean to offend you, It was harshly phrased - harsher than intended to be fair.

You used to be quite interested in getting feedback and learning new skills.

Here's what a possible application of the feedback I gave can look like:

hkkS2Tx.png

This took about 20 Minutes, not counting the time I spent setting up the model in 3ds max and naming materials.

All I did is bake a world space normal map and an ambient occlusion map then combine the maps with the diffuse textures to get this result. with a bit of polish and individual tweaking of the different texture maps you could get a more polished result. This was a quick and dirty job.

Here are the touched up textures with the model_lit.skin variant.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7vfx6btqvbqkcb/ATATPilot_lit_textures.zip?dl=0

4 hours ago, AshuraDX said:

I did not mean to offend you, It was harshly phrased - harsher than intended to be fair.

You used to be quite interested in getting feedback and learning new skills.

Here's what a possible application of the feedback I gave can look like:

hkkS2Tx.png

This took about 20 Minutes, not counting the time I spent setting up the model in 3ds max and naming materials.

All I did is bake a world space normal map and an ambient occlusion map then combine the maps with the diffuse textures to get this result. with a bit of polish and individual tweaking of the different texture maps you could get a more polished result. This was a quick and dirty job.

Here are the touched up textures with the model_lit.skin variant.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7vfx6btqvbqkcb/ATATPilot_lit_textures.zip?dl=0

I love it how creative and knowledgeable this community is! Of course the advice AshuraDX gave is absolute gibberish to me... Didn't understand a word... Occlusion map? Bake? 3ds max? Haha but whatever! You're both amazing at what you do and I just wish I could plug into the matrix and download your knowledge! 

• 1 month later...