I was working on something far more professional. I was going to make movies that took place between episode 1 and 2. There were some cool star wars legends in that time. For example count dooku leaving jedi order, sifo dias disappearing, creating clones, order 66 plot, separatists formation and all that stuff I even got the script. I had such possibilities once as I was a leader of a great clan not so long ago. There were many people with potential in it, we tried voice acting, sharing responsibilities. But we took a break mostly because of school time. Now it would be a nice for return but we wanted to try again with this new mod, just for a better start. As a test of full available quaility I almost finished Yoda vs Sidious duel movie in the senate building (episode 3 scene). It just needs some additional scenes and I wanted to add some self made animations. But for now I worked on kotf 2.1. And I really want it to be a polished mod, so that many people dreams can come true. Crazy coincidence Kualan that You ask me this. I saw your comics. Enjoyed reading it with some star wars music, and a long time ago I thought, wow these are great I could use someone like that as a story teller. So I thought that one day I will ask you to join our team and make great movies together. The mod I make and I plan to make is a tool to make it all easier, skin choosing upgrated models new maps, it is all to make it easier to play and to make the game more enjoyable. Honestly I care the most about bringing JKJA back to life, about my clan and movie making.  But I'm sure it will serve others as well even for learning modding purposes. So you can see my problem, that menu issue is the only thing that holds me from completing the mod. As such, it delays all the great things I planned about this game and who knows, maybe the servers will be full once again...   

I'd be very very glad to know what other surely great things you've added...we know only this menu update :) Let us know more of what you've made, probably it is a good opportunity to spread the news of the mod with more emphacy ;)

@

I was thinking about something like Star Wars Legacies or Legends of a Galaxy. The second one was inspired by some scenes from The Force Awakens, especially when

Rey and Finn met Han Solo for the first time.

Finn: Han Solo, the Rebellion general?

Rey: No, the smuggler.

You know, right after Return of the Jedi, every story before and around that time turned into something that can be considered as campfire stories, spread into every corner of the Star Wars galaxy. Everyone would tell

those legends and myths about three heroes called Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa and Han Solo, and there were two factions called the Galactic Empire and the Rebellion.

In short: This mod gives you the opportunity to relieve those moments that actually happened in the Star Wars films, with all the characters who experienced them.

But enough off-topic. Here's something different I wanted to say:

Does anyone remember the KotF demo where you can play as either Obi-Wan Kenobi or Jango Fett on Kamino? There was an interesting feature that I've never seen in any other mod before and after that.

When you play as Jango Fett, you can also take control of about five Clonetroopers. When you scrolled up or down with your mouse wheel, you could switch directly between those Clonetroopers.

The camera moved seamlessly to another Clonetrooper and you could control him instantly. It would be cool to have that feature in other maps of the singleplayer mode.

Legends of the galaxy :)

And how do you like: Tales of the Galaxy :)

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Movie Duels not Movie Battles. Also do people really play Kotf in multiplayer? And if yes, how is it different to play on a ja+ server with custom maps and custom models?

This mod is for fans of Star Wars saga and not only, yes I agree its very similar to ja+ servers, but not every person know how to install mods such as maps, skins, effects or textures or have no willing to do. It makes installation easier and makes this game at least look a little bit newer.

You dont need to download tons of stuff separately, You just download one thing and You got everything. Thats why it gathers everything so you dont need to look for every skin by Yourself. Fire Phoenix is right about that less and less players, play jk3, I think making mods such as this one is good idea to attract some attention and bring people back to the game.

TheWhitePhoenix and J19 like this

This conversation is pointless if nobody knows how to fix the menu limits bug I posted in the video. A link to UI pk3 file is in the video description if anyone didn't notice. So I suggest we should focus on if the bug can even be fixed? And then discuss the mod's features or decide it's new name or express some expectations. 

So it's a mod for noobs who don't know how to choose, download and install shit? Just call it All in One then.

Everyone here was a noob once. There is no doubt that if JKJA community is to grow, it requires new ''noobs'' to install the game and later the mod to stay and continue playing. How else do You imagine it @@hleV?

I think KotF's rebirth has always been a dream for many of us there since, unfortunately Tim deleted it... probably if he still had the files he could have given them to another people who could have done all they wanted...because he just wanted to delete it ! If Tim reads this post, he should know he would be very useful between us...and not condamned or resufed...whatever we could think, partly even truly, isn't important. He has done great things with KotF. About this, 4 years ago I just started a KotF mod, that Tim refused. Too poor. But he gave me the will to raise more and more, and this has been possible with time above all thanks to JkHub community. When KotF was cancelled, in these days I was cooperating with another italian people for Italian translation of KotF, that I completed, even if it needs some update. When KotF was deleted and without hope, I decided not to waste all I did and fight for. I decided to make my own mod, and still I have got the cancelled videos of KotF 3.0, and tried, successfully, to remake, betterly, some exclusives of the 3.0 version. Probably it wasn't KotF anymore, but I had conserved much of it. Over time I've changed many many things and did my own work with menus, and still planning and working to add new features, as possible, with the few I know that has really grow up in these years. Trying and being wrong, I've learnt completely alone how to manage making my own total conversion of JKA. And this is just due to Tim, first that could be thanked, because he was working with KotF since when JKA modders where very very few. There have been periods of surrendering...but suddenly I got up and went on working with it when I add the time..even if in a period, and until now I have publicly announced the cancellation of the mod, even if I've always kept working on it after deleting my moddb page (the website is still on, but a bit poor). I just didn't want to be stressed, and probably this happened to Tim to make him cancel his mod after achieving the 90+% completation of the mod. Fortunately now we have the Hub, and to both I'd give thanks for having made this dream a reality. My mod is going on growing..just the work of a 17 years old boy, but at the beginning I just started blindly. Now I'm walking to reach this dream. It will never be ( and I don't want it to be so) the best jka mod, but I want it to be my mod. Certainly I'm justified if the middle of mod's stuff is not mine. But I've, instead, tried to improve all that wasn't mine, and to put all the best material from here, to make the mod of my dreams. My aim is probably not neither to sell it, nor maybe to upload it. I will be glad to see what people think of it just when it will be finished. Sincerely there are things that will never make my mod so good as I want, if not for the help of the people and of the people I hope are going to support me. But if I will have earnt something, it's the awareness and the satisfaction of my moral experiences, and the (hoping) realised hope of having seen my favorite mod with my name under, and really heart thanking those who helped me more of myself. Maybe the dream of remaking KotF and still keeping it alive has always been there in me since KotF was cancelled. I've got almost further than probably KotF 3.0 reached, even admitting that OpenJK is the real future of JKA. But for anyone that don't want to reach the unreachable skies that wants to join me to give a help in my mod, would have my sincere thankfulness, because until now for 4 years I've been alone, counting on my poor experience. You can contact me to join, or for simple stupid questions. I reply you. I don't yearn to glory, I just started what most the others deserve to call it their mod. It will be our mod. A new KotF. With respect, so that we could find the better way to finish it as soon as possible. Beholding our favorite mod, that has not got all existing, but all to say it's Star Wars. I'm canonical, for me all that's 1 to "n" Star Wars episodes has the right of being in a Star Wars game. Truly wanting or not, we'd even owe thanks to JKA developers for the Original Game, and to Tim for having given us the inspiration to make it better. I've written this because sometimes we let die something we are looking for because we didn't find it. This is just my idea, and for everything I want to look to justice, not to my will. But just hope you'd have success in achieving a real rebirth of JKA like KotF, at its time, made us live and now makes us dream.

@@redsaurus
I deleted all my posts there because the thread was about an outdated menu bug. Unlike now the game didn't launch anything at all - it was crashing on startup screen. And I had an old menu back then: Separated menus for every character model. Every menu file contained backgrounds and more repeating stuff. So it was pointless waste of space. I managed to completly remake the menu packing them all into one and switching backgrounds with cvars. So I saved a lot of space and I thought: ''okay now it will definetly work". So I decided to remove the posts not to litter forums with outdated garbage. Besides the video I uploaded contains more info than my previous posts.

I don't think it is about count of itemDefs. I tried to remove one big itemDef and replace it with 3 small ones and it worked. Vice versa: when I removed 3 small ones and replace them with one big, the bug appeared again. My guess is that the limit concerns all .menu files size, though I'm not sure about it.

You are right: each model has its title,description and icon with all the mechanisms. If a coder could add description commands to every separate itemDef (descX descY descScale descColor descAlignment) instead menuDef only,I could get rid of description itemDefs and  by that lower their number like about 30%. I'm sure it would help but it probably wouldn't be enough for all the factions I have yet to made. I could also remove model titles for every diffrent characters but I wouldn't like to do that. 

BTW thank You all for kind words, involvement and activity in this thread

@@redsaurus

I deleted all my posts there because the thread was about an outdated menu bug. Unlike now the game didn't launch anything at all - it was crashing on startup screen. And I had an old menu back then: Separated menus for every character model. Every menu file contained backgrounds and more repeating stuff. So it was pointless waste of space. I managed to completly remake the menu packing them all into one and switching backgrounds with cvars. So I saved a lot of space and I thought: ''okay now it will definetly work". So I decided to remove the posts not to litter forums with outdated garbage. Besides the video I uploaded contains more info than my previous posts.

while this is not a bad point at all, it greatly impacts the readabnility of the thread and might siminish the chance that people with a similiar issue will find a fix for their problem here.