Star Wars: Rogue One

• 3 weeks later...

I also expected much from Desplat, and there are several really good tracks, which I keep nearby. However Michael Giacchino is also big news, though I thought he was a friend of J.J.Abrams. I know him mostly for the Lost soundtrack, which was an amazing one. However, I feel it's strange this news appears now, when the film is so close to be released.

therfiles likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

The trailer has so many details in one place. Some are already known from previous videos, but there are a few, which draw my attention especially:

-There is a large Jedi (Obi-Wan-like) statue in the desert, crashed there, probably by the Empire

-Galen Erso seems to be on a very a planet with dark soil and green grass, and sea, where he lives in a farm with his Jyn (and he is taken from there, without anyone in the Empire knowing about his daughter

-Jed'ha planet seems to be destroyed by the Death Star,

-Saw Guerrera uses metallic legs,

-Various Rebel fractions are present on the briefing by Mon Mothma, including the new female representative (reminds Kin Robb, Taris Senator from The Clone Wars a bit),

-Death Star is just one station, but there is also a different space station in orbit as well, attacked by the X-Wings.

Smoo likes this

"Save the rebellion ... save the dream ..." 

More likeburn down the rebellion .. make it a nightmare

I should just stand outside of the cinnema in my stormtrooper outfit, shouting ... "Move Along .. nothing to see here .... dont support the rebellion" ... and I do hope they are going to make also a movie on the stealing of the DS2 plans... Just so I can see Bothans being annihilated ;)

Some people critisized the phrase of "Save the dream", that it's out of place and has nothing to do with the plot. But I think, most people misunderstood this one: Saw Gerrera seems to have suffered too much from the Empire, so his fight is not for freedom per se, but rather a fight for the sake of a fight, especially brutal, bloody and terrible. I think, that when he meets Jyn Erso, he sees her and her team as a very naive group of teenagers looking for an adventure, while struggle against the Empire itself will take from you all you've got and even more.

He might even regret ever entering this battle and warns Jyn from following his steps, right now until she can. Her life as a criminal is already far more of a decent life than joining Rebels, which forever closes for her various doors of opportunities, such as family, normal life and happiness.

DarthDementous likes this

Did I see some hammerhead ships from Rebels along the rebel fleet?

It seems you're right. The shot, where rebels run to the ramp looks very much like the one seen in the Rebels show. The space battle also reveals a few ships similar in design.

Personally I don't mind the usage of the design from KOTOR era, in fact these could be the last generation of the ships of the Old Republic, used some 70-150 years before the Clone Wars... Not the ones, seen in KOTOR or SWTOR.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally, I hope she dies in the movie. Kill her off, at the hands of Vader. I don't wanna see no dumb broad in there, who's gonna be another friggin' "Mary-Sue" Rey. Her acting is wooden as fuck! Get rid of her!

Personally, I hope she dies in the movie. Kill her off, at the hands of Vader. I don't wanna see no dumb broad in there, who's gonna be another friggin' "Mary-Sue" Rey. Her acting is wooden as fuck! Get rid of her!

How do you know so many details about her performance and writing, is the movie out already? 

If you think Daisy Ridley or Felicity Jones are bad actresses, you clearly have some other crazy weird reason for thinking so, other than their acting. They are both great.

And if you have that opinion simply because they are women, I feel really bad for you and how you were raised.

Well, her acting seemed so false and put on, in the trailers.. For her sake, I hope she's better in the actual movie. But then you also have that really dumb, cheesy line from Forrest Whittaker saying; "Save the Rebellion.. Save the dream!" What?! :huh:

Well, her acting seemed so false and put on, in the trailers.. For her sake, I hope she's better in the actual movie. But then you also have that really dumb, cheesy line from Forrest Whittaker saying; "Save the Rebellion.. Save the dream!" What?! :huh:

What's wrong with that line? 

Y'know, Disney's take on Star Wars seems more like hate-bait for the real fans out there the more I read into these things... Could just be me, though...

Aside from Disney, I think it's more of whoever's writing this shit that's at fault here, rather than the actor/actress delivering the lines. I've heard some of the same shit about Hayden Christensen when he played Anakin in the Prequels, along with people bashing George Lucas for his ideas behind the films, and one fan saw fit to sing "George Lucas raped my childhood" (look it up on YouTube), so it's not really anything new to me.

kharg likes this

What's wrong with that line? 

What's wrong with that line? I think you mean "What's right with that line?".. It's cringey and sounds false as hell. It's dialogue like that, that can essentially ruin moments in the movie or the movie, itself.. Depending on how much of that sort of dialogue is in the movie. Chances are, though.. It will just be a "trailer limited" line, so it'll either be said differently in the movie (and not sound so cringe-worthy) or it won't even be spoken at all.

kharg likes this