Star Wars: Rogue One

Someone posted the latest photos from Rogue One set. It reminds me of several things - the first being the Jedi Transport shot down in Jedi Academy video game. The engines look a bit like classic ships like X-Wing or Moldy Crow from Dark Forces. But I guess it's Imperial, as we can see many dead stormtroopers around.

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-011-4

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-018-4

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-017-4

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-016-4

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-014-4

More

z3filus likes this
  • 4 months later...

Was just thinking that we got a teaser trailer for TFA over a year before it released. We haven't had anything for Rogue One yet, have we? I don't imagine they'll release anything until later, to not hinder the success of the TFA's release. With that said though, this film won't do as well by default, because it's releasing only a year after the last movie. TFA is still going to have the limelight at least until 2017.

Star Wars is quite often about family matters, be it Dark Forces II (Kyle and his father) or The Force Unleashed (Galen Marek and his father, killed by Vader). Even Shadows of the Empire had this moment, as well as KOTOR.

So no wonder, that Rogue One will also feature this aspect, though it has to look different from what we already know. As far as I know, the main female lead is linked to this "scientist", who worked on Death Star I plans, thus this makes him sort of Bevel Lemelisk, but not that loyal. It also seems there will be a mentor, who would guide the characters.

Some shots and spoilers indicate, that the team would be escaping from the Empire and probably crash land on a remote planet with a few cities (the aliens and cantinas would be there), while the Empire would send a bounty hunter to capture the Rebels. Darth Vader and Moff Tarkin are believed to appear in R1, as well as new Imperial forces like Dark Troopers (not the DF1 variant, but the stormtroopers in black armor) and a few other unique units. The main character - a girl would try to steal the plans, it seems, following a hint from her father (or other relative, maybe her uncle).

A huge battle is obvious to happen, as one shot shows dead stormtroopers in the water. I don't know why, but some people believe, that this film won't be 12+, but rather 16+ or even 18+ due to very cruel and terrible scenes. The ending would also be dubious, because it would show both the victory of the Alliance, but also the imminent death of the characters by the end of their mission. So it's more like an action movie with some truly tragic motives. But this is just a rumour.

Whether the film is good or not, and even if it is great in all regards, for me it will always be Kyle Katarn, who stole the plans of the Death Star on Danuta, as asked by Mon Mothma. :)

Star Wars is quite often about family matters, be it Dark Forces II (Kyle and his father) or The Force Unleashed (Galen Marek and his father, killed by Vader). Even Shadows of the Empire had this moment, as well as KOTOR.

So no wonder, that Rogue One will also feature this aspect, though it has to look different from what we already know. As far as I know, the main female lead is linked to this "scientist", who worked on Death Star I plans, thus this makes him sort of Bevel Lemelisk, but not that loyal. It also seems there will be a mentor, who would guide the characters.

Some shots and spoilers indicate, that the team would be escaping from the Empire and probably crash land on a remote planet with a few cities (the aliens and cantinas would be there), while the Empire would send a bounty hunter to capture the Rebels. Darth Vader and Moff Tarkin are believed to appear in R1, as well as new Imperial forces like Dark Troopers (not the DF1 variant, but the stormtroopers in black armor) and a few other unique units. The main character - a girl would try to steal the plans, it seems, following a hint from her father (or other relative, maybe her uncle).

A huge battle is obvious to happen, as one shot shows dead stormtroopers in the water. I don't know why, but some people believe, that this film won't be 12+, but rather 16+ or even 18+ due to very cruel and terrible scenes. The ending would also be dubious, because it would show both the victory of the Alliance, but also the imminent death of the characters by the end of their mission. So it's more like an action movie with some truly tragic motives. But this is just a rumour.

Whether the film is good or not, and even if it is great in all regards, for me it will always be Kyle Katarn, who stole the plans of the Death Star on Danuta, as asked by Mon Mothma. :)

Kyle Katarn FTW. He shall NEVER DIE. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Someone posted the latest photos from Rogue One set.
rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-011-4
rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-018-4
rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-017-4
rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-016-4
rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-photos-014-4

More

i know i did :D

from what's leaked, it may be 18+  something new to starwars films, also is Biggs parts of the team ???

this may be just a coincidence, but this is just too bitter-sweet to pass by, I'd like to have this kinda connection between R1 and ANH
and Biggs was older than Luke so this would really add up. Heck he could even reffer to a young talent at Tatooine, that would be nice.

NEhZffADgBhzko_2_b.jpg

photos of what appears to be Yavin.

11041094_716330198496836_698047520119435

Rogue-One1.jpg

5.jpg

and from the looks of it, the same rear_end_of_a_ship prop from the beach photos was also seen here!!
so im thinking, this must be the ship the rogue one group use to travel at one point... or..  

5850086_rumor-more-rogue-one-set-photos_

qtUilWa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing Yavin IV would be great, though I thought, that the Rebels were hiding on Dantooine for some time. They also mentioned, that there would be a planet with a town, full of citizens (and aliens), where part of the story would take place. the shots above are presumably from that same planet, with sands and palms.

The dark ship with a ramp looks a lot like a predecessor to the similar landing transport of the First Order in TFA. They actually remind me of the submarines or sharks.

It is true, that the film could be 18+, because of too much violence. As I mentioned earlier, some people believe we might not see a happy ending here at all.

Some plot details:

This is a story about a group of Rebels (codenamed as Seal in the script), led by a girl named Jyn (Felicity Jones, Seal Leader Green in the script). She has her personal motives to deal with the Empire, though we can't be sure at this point. Presumably her father was a scientist, enlisted to work for the Empire on a secret project. It is later revealed, that it is possibly the new super weapon (Death Star likely), and the scientist turns his back on the Empire and tries to escape. The story further goes around this point, and the Rebels might try to help him and steal the plans at the same time.

Darth Vader is present in the film. No specific role was revealed, but one rumour suggested we would see Vader crushing the Rebels both with his lightsaber and the Force. He is 100% present in the film, as his helmet is on the official promo material (poster) together with the new characters (the poster hasn't been revealed just yet). there is also a mysterious figure in white cloak, that stands away from the main group of characters. Who that might be?

Boba Fettt in RogueOne;

We don't know if Boba was involved with the Empire before the events of New Hope, but if he had a center role in retrieving the deathstar plans it would give more 'depth' to ESB.  BobaFett remained in the story while the other bountyhunters were discarded, so now if we see Boba Fett perhaps proving his worth to the Empire for the first time, especially with Vader involved, it would help me understand why Boba Fett was summoned in the OT, and why he was seen in 2 films.

I do hope the Boba Fett thing is misdirection/misinformation. That seems kinda ridiculous. I liked their direction with a whole new cast of characters. I was a bit worried when I heard Vader had a "largeish" part but Boba really doesn't make sense for this movie IMO.

According to brick set, Lego sets 75152-75156 are reserved for Rogue One sub series. If I can remember The Old Republic received only 2-3 sets at once, while the Force Unleashed could boast only one.

This might mean, that we will get many new ships in the film, not just the above mentioned recognizable vessel.

4TTDsrHR5Gc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...