Hi everyone. Can someone to make a Dagobah map for Jedi Academy please?

I'd like a map of normal dimensions for single player with good textures and like this image (for dagobah swamp,you can imitate this image and the other zones of battlefront II map)

dagobah-map-from-battlefront-ii.png

and I want this zone

image.png

where yoda trains luke.

But an important part is also the yoda's house (it is even in battlefront II)

Generally, you must imitate battlefront II map (with yoda's house, some small lakes and rivers,trees,plants etc...)

Please make this map because i need it for my mod .

For more information on the map contact me on this topic. Thanks in advance, I think that between you there is someone that can make this map.

Building a terrain map is not much easy, i am a nobbie as mapping ability. Also, is true there is not a dagobah map on filefront and gamefront host. that's is not good. i think is possibile to make a nice map with a same kind of collage of jedi outcast swamp map + the elder temple map + some map i see about vietnam and swamp in filefront, for rebuild the swamping location. However, need to recreate the training place, the cave of the dark side with the strange lizards (i suppose is possible use the Howlers for that) and the rocky ruins and the home of yoda inside the tree and the swamp lake where Xwing was splashed :D

In case of Dagobah it's actually the trees rather than terrain which isn't an easy task. Dagobah has large broad trees with roots - unlike original Yavin md3 models from JA. Also lots of stones and grass, as well as bushes. Besides fog everywhere it's worth adding a minor fog right near the ground as a moving veil through the plants (like on the photo with Yoda).

For textures - any park or forest in Autumn will help. =) Oh, I feel sad. :(

@@Asgarath83

If you haven't the yavin 4 map, download it from this Download  link. You can see some interesting things to take them from the map to your dagobah map like some trees and other things. I recommend you one thing:you can't put artificial things in the map, except yoda's home, because it would not make the map realistic.

Ps:if you want you can send me messages in italian,even I am italian and I understand better Italian language.

@@Asgarath83

If you haven't the yavin 4 map, download it from this Download  link. You can see some interesting things to take them from the map to your dagobah map like some trees and other things. I recommend you one thing:you can't put artificial things in the map, except yoda's home, because it would not make the map realistic.

Ps:if you want you can send me messages in italian,even I am italian and I understand better Italian language.

wait a minute! there is a little misunderstooding for my bad english.

i am busy at moment with my Mod SP code (i am working at a conversion of JKA about Legacy of kain )

so i am too busy for build a Dagobah Map at moment. Also i can use the Yavin1 and yavin2 map of JKA and JO, because i have already in my gtk radiant 1.5.0 that's maps decompiled for study reasons.

However, i need to merge more map, fix the brush, place the tree, and i need a set of trees of mangroovian forest.

also... emmm, do you know the Termogent forest swamps about defiance \ blood omen game? i have builded years ago a working map of termogent for a quest about a search of a Raziel's Reaver son. i suppose i can take same place of my termogent swamp, merge with yavin4 and some other map and your download and try to make some species of Dagobah swamp map with no artificial building (i not have artificial buiilding in my termogent map: is a swamp full of trees without terrain, around a montain with waterfalls. on the top of montain i have putted rocky ruins of a vampire forge like soul reaver 2 Game with a portal for an Elemental Forge. O.o

I suppose i can recycle my map and clean of all entities for make a Dagobah location, but i need some prefabs.

- Yoda home

- A nice cave labyrint of dark side, make i add one trigger for spawn an apparision of Darth Vader, cool not?

- The lake of Xwing drowned.

- 3D model MD3 of the threes like mangroovian jungle. O.o

however, first i want to finish my code stuff. I am also busy for a my editorial project about a science fiction book. i am eding my revision at moment, so i can work later. PM me and we can talk of that on ours homelanguage ;)

Edit: my Comodo secure DNS locks your link. O.o you have some other link about the material yu want i see?

• 9 months later...

I'll be sure to do it credit, I was acctualy talking to a buddy on skype today about how I'd never seen a Degobah map for jka, so I started working on a few trees and decided to see if any one had ever done this one. turns out a few big mod projects had tried it, however as they died, there maps went with them due to lack of release. Gimme a few weeks to cook up the trees and terrain! :D

Well the trick is taking advantage of the conditions on degobah, rather foggy, dark and mirky. I've already designed about 6 different trees, the trick is atm figuring out what it's sky should look like. Ill Be focusing on Yodas hovel, lukes crash down spot and the cave. wont exactly be a giant ffa map but a smaller ffa map good for rp and a good jedi trial. I've wanted for a long time to mess with some ones mind via some thing like a jedi trial. You'll find I'm unusually cruel, and will make you face your fears.

Jeff and JAWSFreelao like this

Well you do what you want to do. I have no doubts of the quality of the finished map. Dagobah is always pictured as a very dark place, so you should probably use a very dark skybox.
However I did find you this art image of Dagobah and... I gotta say I like it a lot. As in the movie, the sky is thick of clouds, but some blue-ish light manages to get trough. Almost ghostly.

DAGOBAH_by_Luismartins.jpg

Yea I've put together a dark grey skybox with a a cloud layer over top for those areas where you "might" see it, however the over head canopy is pretty thick so thats not many spots. I did give my lighting a blue touch as well, I saw this in many of the original movies shots. Right now Im still in testing phase building all the assets, trees, textures,The environmental basically. Ill post some pictures once I have that all together, then I can begin working on the actual map.

I had a dream about a game where you play as Yoda, defending your home from a legion of Stormtroopers. Would be a cool mod, although wouldn't canonically make sense. :P Unless you made it so Yoda somehow falsified a report back that said nothing was found or something.

I had a dream about a game where you play as Yoda, defending your home from a legion of Stormtroopers. Would be a cool mod, although wouldn't canonically make sense. :P Unless you made it so Yoda somehow falsified a report back that said nothing was found or something.

When I have those dreams, I know I've been watching too much star wars.  :lol:

• 4 weeks later...