Light Emitting Flashlight

Has anyone ever made a flashlight for this game?

I have a map in progress that is mainly dark, and you need to use the light from your saber for most of the time, trust me, it's fun!  So obviously started looking for a flashlight weapon, but even with so many modders, it seems like no one has ever done it.. So that's my request; I'd like a flashlight weapon, that doesn't do much damage. Just a stick without detail is fine, as long as it provides more light than a regular saber, like 2x  or 3x  more brighter.

Alan-Wake-rocking-the-Allard.png

I don't know if it's possible, but maybe a modified Lightsaber could work. All you need to do is "hide" the blade and keep the hilt.

And if there is a possibility to increase the brightness (maybe with some extra coding?), you'll get a flashlight.

Maybe you should consult our coders here.

You can use dynamic lights but the effect won't be that great.  The engine does not allow creating real light sources in-game in real time. Because it uses lightmaps in the compiled BSP.  JK2/JKA is only slightly better than Q3 because you can at least sorta light up darker areas whereas in Q3 it doesn't work if the area is totally black.

Well.. Maybe i will upload it soon:

FVcpBue.jpg
B6YeTIm.jpg
7qdlYhL.jpg
4G2BX0n.jpg
HUFDHil.jpg

I made 8 invisible sources of the blades of the saber that are about 2 meters away and i just changed radius and length .. the problems are animations.. if someone want to have better animations they must make them first... :/
But i think that is enough (maybe orange light.. yellow seems a little too yellow

Well.. Maybe i will upload it soon:

I made 8 invisible sources of the blades of the saber that are about 2 meters away and i just changed radius and length .. the problems are animations.. if someone want to have better animations they must make them first... :/

But i think that is enough (maybe orange light.. yellow seems a little too yellow

All I can think about seeing this:

cad-20111202-9efd7.png

z3filus and the_raven like this
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually I've seen this done before on RPmod many years ago, but it involved hooking the light efx onto the players model, not sure if it's possible on any others.

May I suggest using a different idle/walking animation for the torch saber? Try adding in the line "readyanim" to the .sab and then a reasonable animation line for it.

I'd also recommend setting the saberlength as 0 and disabling the wall bounce and "damagescale 0" to ensure it can't actually hurt people (unless you intend to use it for blunt force trauma.)

z3filus and the_raven like this

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

Cool Idea!

Langerd and z3filus like this
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...