Greetings JKhub,
I would like to present a small part my continuation of KotF. I decided to "legally" repair this mod's reputation by filling it with the new properly obtained content.

I decided to work on KotF because it is one of the most known jedi academy mods ever made.

However the project cannot be finished without Your help. I have come here for help as I am stuck in a certain area of modding presented on video below.

It cost me much strength and effort  to make this mod the way it is now. And it would be brutal to throw it all away into vain waste because of old outdated engine limits of the game we all no doubt love.

As fellow modders, I know You understand me very well. That is why I have come for Your aid.

Here is a small introduction of skin chooser menu and a limit issue I cannot figure how to fix :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zYhCZX59d4

I believe this mod is a great chance for JK community to grow. Especially role players , movie makers and clans. I appeal to You once again: Do not let this game die, we all fight so it survives. Let us fight together.
Help me with this and You won't regret it. I have hope in You guys.

If there is anything unclear in the video or menu issue, please comment below. 

Thank You for Your time.  

Smoo, Jango40, J19 and 5 others like this

It's tainted only among modders and well more ''qualified'' JK3 community. But aside from that it is very popular mod. I don't believe You can find someone who never heard of KotF before. And it is very difficult to spread popularity these days. As I stated in my post I'm trying to bring JKJA back alive so I have to  aim at masses. Besides it is also personal experience and feelings. KotF has this thing.. I can't name it but it feels like home or some place good for chat, for hanging around. A place that is remembered, the atmosphere and all the options. It's my opinion though but many people I played with agree and I'm not sure why we couldn't find the same in normal JKJA. KotF may have stolen content but most people who played it even had no idea that there is something like stealing mods. They only thing they cared about was fun and great atmosphere. But do not misunderstand my words. I do not justify stealing mods. I'm only saying that it's not the most important part of the mod. At least for the players and we're working for them right?  

KotF has this thing.. I can't name it but it feels like home or some place good for chat, for hanging around.

I can agree to that. I know it has a bad rep, but please hear my side everyone. From what I personally saw, on Youtube and others, in a sense it gathered more people to this game than ever before. And if it is brought in and actually fixed, with people getting permission from the modders and stuff that Tim FAILED to do, just think of how much JKA might come back to life. MB2 can only do so much for this game nowadays, and even though it has a tainted past, there's always a possibility to be redeemed. Just like when someone falls to the dark side. They can always have the chance to be redeemed.

Penekowski, Jeff, Maksman and 7 others like this

Greetings JKhub,

I would like to present a small part my continuation of KotF. I decided to "legally" repair this mod's reputation by filling it with the new properly obtained content.

I decided to work on KotF because it is one of the most known jedi academy mods ever made.

However the project cannot be finished without Your help. I have come here for help as I am stuck in a certain area of modding presented on video below.

It cost me much strength and effort  to make this mod the way it is now. And it would be brutal to throw it all away into vain waste because of old outdated engine limits of the game we all no doubt love.

As fellow modders, I know You understand me very well. That is why I have come for Your aid.

Here is a small introduction of skin chooser menu and a limit issue I cannot figure how to fix :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zYhCZX59d4

I believe this mod is a great chance for JK community to grow. Especially role players , movie makers and clans. I appeal to You once again: Do not let this game die, we all fight so it survives. Let us fight together.

Help me with this and You won't regret it. I have hope in You guys.

If there is anything unclear in the video or menu issue, please comment below. 

Thank You for Your time.  

I must admit that I'm surprised by what you did. And not only that, I'm impressed. You did the right thing by starting this topic. Okay, it's "just" a menu, but at least we have enough evidence that shows us what you did so far.

The biggest mistake TimFx made was that he didn't ask for help from others, except for the translation process. Don't make that mistake like he did and ask for help as soon as you don't know any further.

I wish you good luck with this project. I hope that we will find enough people to finish this.

It's tainted only among modders and well more ''qualified'' JK3 community. But aside from that it is very popular mod. I don't believe You can find someone who never heard of KotF before. And it is very difficult to spread popularity these days. 

I've heard of KOTF (mostly bad things), but I have no idea what's it about and why was it (supposedly) so popular.

If you want to 'rebuild' KOTF and correct all its past flaws, I wish you good luck - I just think you'll be fighting an uphill battle from the start. Maybe consider renaming it to help distinguish your new project from the bad connotations of the original?

I think I saw someone suggesting 'Masters of the Force' as an alternative title - something like that, which both alludes to the link to the original but also makes it clear that this is a new project.

I've heard of KOTF (mostly bad things), but I have no idea what's it about and why was it (supposedly) so popular.

Probably because it features a lot of player models, maps, NPCs, lightsabers, some SP missions, and promised a lot of singleplayer missions along with support for the most popular MP mods back then (JA+, ForceMod III, etc).

Rayce likes this

I've heard many positive and negative opinions about KotF even on this forum. I guess this is personal taste. I don't think that it's so important to talk about it. I still need help to fix the issue and finish this mod. Anyone has any idea where to start? 

If I were to put any input in, it has to be focusing on the legal issues first. Getting LEGIT permission. Of course, there's also the possibility that the authors themselves of the maps and some models may not even be around anymore or their contacts aren't known anymore. But try your best and give it your all. The worst your might have to do is just give them credit without actually contacting them.

Śăļvõö likes this

If I were to put any input in, it has to be focusing on the legal issues first. Getting LEGIT permission. Of course, there's also the possibility that the authors themselves of the maps and some models may not even be around anymore or their contacts aren't known anymore. But try your best and give it your all. The worst your might have to do is just give them credit without actually contacting them.

Of course, that's what I am going to do. But first I have to make sure that my mod will even work. It would be a pointless effort to search for all permissions and then find out that sadly the mod won't work. I used some models because I have to work on something, but no worries I'm not releasing anything right now. I will get every permission for every single skin before I release the mod. I realise what Tim mistake was, and I really care to repair KotF's reputation.  

Cerez, J19, Śăļvõö and 3 others like this

Of course, that's what I am going to do. But first I have to make sure that my mod will even work. It would be a pointless effort to search for all permissions and then find out that sadly the mod won't work. I used some models because I have to work on something, but no worries I'm not releasing anything right now. I will get every permission for every single skin before I release the mod. I realise what Tim mistake was, and I really care to repair KotF's reputation.  

Good thinking, man. ^_^

Cerez likes this

KOTF was a cool idea with a terrible execution. Can we honestly just rename the mod and ensure that everyone who has had their assets used in the mod will be credited and/or asked for their permission? If permission is denied, remove their content, no exceptions. KOTF is a name disliked by several people, so I can't recommend enough that you rename the mod.

I love what you did with the mod. I once tried to just replace some of the outdated models with newer ones when I had the mod about a year ago, but what you did was on a whole other level.

For the new title, I think that we need a poll for that some time later. But we need to collect some ideas first.

My suggestion is to choose something that doesn't resemble Knights of the Force at all. We need something catchy, something that says "This is a Star Wars mod!"

Unfortunately, many good titles have been already used for other mods, such as Star Wars Chronicles.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

In other news, @@Fire Phoenix , I checked out your YouTube channel and thought your JKA recreation of Episode 1 was pretty neat. Are you planning on continuing it?

I was working on something far more professional. I was going to make movies that took place between episode 1 and 2. There were some cool star wars legends in that time. For example count dooku leaving jedi order, sifo dias disappearing, creating clones, order 66 plot, separatists formation and all that stuff I even got the script. I had such possibilities once as I was a leader of a great clan not so long ago. There were many people with potential in it, we tried voice acting, sharing responsibilities. But we took a break mostly because of school time. Now it would be a nice for return but we wanted to try again with this new mod, just for a better start. As a test of full available quaility I almost finished Yoda vs Sidious duel movie in the senate building (episode 3 scene). It just needs some additional scenes and I wanted to add some self made animations. But for now I worked on kotf 2.1. And I really want it to be a polished mod, so that many people dreams can come true. Crazy coincidence Kualan that You ask me this. I saw your comics. Enjoyed reading it with some star wars music, and a long time ago I thought, wow these are great I could use someone like that as a story teller. So I thought that one day I will ask you to join our team and make great movies together. The mod I make and I plan to make is a tool to make it all easier, skin choosing upgrated models new maps, it is all to make it easier to play and to make the game more enjoyable. Honestly I care the most about bringing JKJA back to life, about my clan and movie making.  But I'm sure it will serve others as well even for learning modding purposes. So you can see my problem, that menu issue is the only thing that holds me from completing the mod. As such, it delays all the great things I planned about this game and who knows, maybe the servers will be full once again...   

I was working on something far more professional. I was going to make movies that took place between episode 1 and 2. There were some cool star wars legends in that time. For example count dooku leaving jedi order, sifo dias disappearing, creating clones, order 66 plot, separatists formation and all that stuff I even got the script. I had such possibilities once as I was a leader of a great clan not so long ago. There were many people with potential in it, we tried voice acting, sharing responsibilities. But we took a break mostly because of school time. Now it would be a nice for return but we wanted to try again with this new mod, just for a better start. As a test of full available quaility I almost finished Yoda vs Sidious duel movie in the senate building (episode 3 scene). It just needs some additional scenes and I wanted to add some self made animations. But for now I worked on kotf 2.1. And I really want it to be a polished mod, so that many people dreams can come true. Crazy coincidence Kualan that You ask me this. I saw your comics. Enjoyed reading it with some star wars music, and a long time ago I thought, wow these are great I could use someone like that as a story teller. So I thought that one day I will ask you to join our team and make great movies together. The mod I make and I plan to make is a tool to make it all easier, skin choosing upgrated models new maps, it is all to make it easier to play and to make the game more enjoyable. Honestly I care the most about bringing JKJA back to life, about my clan and movie making.  But I'm sure it will serve others as well even for learning modding purposes. So you can see my problem, that menu issue is the only thing that holds me from completing the mod. As such, it delays all the great things I planned about this game and who knows, maybe the servers will be full once again...   

That's why we're here to help you, Fire Phoenix. We want to see this game stay alive and come back to it's glory days. And to be honest, I think that KOTF might just be the key to that. Of course, right now, it's an old rusty key covered in dust, dirt and grime to the extreme and requires A LOT of work to fix in order to unlock the box, which is reviving it's community to it's fullest, that it goes to. You already started cleaning off that key, slowly, but surely.

For the new title, I think that we need a poll for that some time later. But we need to collect some ideas first.

My suggestion is to choose something that doesn't resemble Knights of the Force at all. We need something catchy, something that says "This is a Star Wars mod!"

Unfortunately, many good titles have been already used for other mods, such as Star Wars Chronicles.

My suggestion might sound a little cheesy, but....How about Masters Of The Galaxy?

Śăļvõö likes this

@

I was thinking about something like Star Wars Legacies or Legends of a Galaxy. The second one was inspired by some scenes from The Force Awakens, especially when

Rey and Finn met Han Solo for the first time.

Finn: Han Solo, the Rebellion general?

Rey: No, the smuggler.

You know, right after Return of the Jedi, every story before and around that time turned into something that can be considered as campfire stories, spread into every corner of the Star Wars galaxy. Everyone would tell

those legends and myths about three heroes called Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa and Han Solo, and there were two factions called the Galactic Empire and the Rebellion.

In short: This mod gives you the opportunity to relieve those moments that actually happened in the Star Wars films, with all the characters who experienced them.

But enough off-topic. Here's something different I wanted to say:

Does anyone remember the KotF demo where you can play as either Obi-Wan Kenobi or Jango Fett on Kamino? There was an interesting feature that I've never seen in any other mod before and after that.

When you play as Jango Fett, you can also take control of about five Clonetroopers. When you scrolled up or down with your mouse wheel, you could switch directly between those Clonetroopers.

The camera moved seamlessly to another Clonetrooper and you could control him instantly. It would be cool to have that feature in other maps of the singleplayer mode.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

If people want something similar to KOTF but actually have missions, they should help with the Star Wars Saga mod. :P KOTF was just a huge collection of Star Wars maps and models with a cool UI, but didn't even have missions. You just spawned people on your own. I got bored with it pretty quick. Unless I missed something?