Bespin Cloud City Vader SP Mission - WIP

Really fun so far, love the architecture and the npc variety. I made it only to the emplaced gun room because i was no longer able to tolerate the lag, the game is on 10 fps for 8 minutes or so  and then goes to 54-55 fps for a couple of minutes and then back to the fps drop again (around 10 fps). Its annoying.

Although i dont see anyone else complain about it so that might be a problem on my end. I liked it (at least to where i played it), but unfortunately i can't complete the mod.

@@Username OMG XD I just... omg that line ... i put this one sound as a joke to show my brother how can i change the game... I didnt know i left this sound in the pk3 ! 

It is from Grand Hotel Budapest  

Game worked fine for me, but I ran "devmap cloudy" in openJK which took off some of the load. However what is supposed to happen when

you kill the Jedi and he's impaled on the monument?

I am just stuck there no doors will open and no cutscene triggers at all.

Game worked fine for me, but I ran "devmap cloudy" in openJK which took off some of the load. However what is supposed to happen when

you kill the Jedi and he's impaled on the monument?

I am just stuck there no doors will open and no cutscene triggers at all.

Well.. sadly that is the end.. 

I hope i will manage to do something soon.. i just wanted to share with You all with my work

yeyo JK and Jolly like this

@@Username OMG XD I just... omg that line ... i put this one sound as a joke to show my brother how can i change the game... I didnt know i left this sound in the pk3 ! 

It is from Grand Hotel Budapest  

I laughed a lot when I heard that, wasn't even sure if it came from the game. 

I've finally finished this beta and I can say that I enjoyed it a lot! The ending to the duel was really unexpected and I even said 'that's hardcore' outloud. I had absolutely no issues related to lag or random crashes, but it might have to do with the fact that I had a clean base so I wouldn't have npc, texture or model issues. 

I appreciate the freedom that you can have while playing, even if it's odd to see Darth Vader use a rocket launcher. I found one of the secret areas (won't say where, since they're secret) and I think that hidden things like those are good for players that like to spend time observing the space instead of doing everything easily. I appreciate a challenge, and oh boy, I was stuck a few minutes at some places. 

My main criticism has to do with sounds, since sometimes NPC say non-sensical things like 'Don't shoot, I'm on your side' (or something like that) and things related to the remnant, which make no sense since Vader is alive. The last boss said something like 'I can defeat a jedi', which was a bit ironic. But aside from that, you're on the right track. I really did love the cinematics, keep it up!

I do recommend people to play it on Jedi Master difficulty, one thermal detonator is all it takes to kill you, so it's really hard and it forces you to use your force powers on an intelligent manner. 

I'll look forward to this project, and I'm also looking forward to your project related to Morin, your own character. 

Langerd likes this

Well.. sadly that is the end.. 

I hope i will manage to do something soon.. i just wanted to share with You all with my work

It was confusing because one of the objectives was like "go back to your ship that you came to Cloud City on" but you never actually go back to the start of the map, which is odd to me. Still incredible though, especially those Vader animations.

Langerd likes this

I'll have to try it soon.

To the people talking about the saber being dropped and seeing a default saber and not Vader's that's because there is no MD3 model of the saber. World objects use MD3, not GLM so when you drop your saber there needs to be a MD3 version of it in the files or else it shows a base saber instead.

I'll have to try it soon.

To the people talking about the saber being dropped and seeing a default saber and not Vader's that's because there is no MD3 model of the saber. World objects use MD3, not GLM so when you drop your saber there needs to be a MD3 version of it in the files or else it shows a base saber instead.

Actually, an md3 version of the saber is in the files, I think that when you get your saber via playermodel command, it doesn't overwrite your default saber's md3 file for saber throw, but if you use the saber command "in this case: saber single_121", then you will get the Vader Saber for saber throw.

yeyo JK likes this

That saber bug is sometimes fixed after weapon changing. Try to change the weapons ;) only for a second.

I think there is MD3 model.. i must check

The npc bug i understand but missing shaders and sometimes not working scripts bugs me because i dont know if i am able to fix them :S some one should rly make batch file or other exe file that loads only the base files from base folder... it would help other sp modders in the future as well

@ i found your comment in the download section. To remove this problem You need put rar files that have npc files in the other folder than base ... for the time You want to play my mod. It happens because Jk has a npc limit... And i believe You have some other files and mods in the base folder.

@ i found your comment in the download section. To remove this problem You need put rar files that have npc files in the other folder than base ... for the time You want to play my mod. It happens because Jk has a npc limit... And i believe You have some other files and mods in the base folder.

I'd already fixed the issue but thanks anyway.

Langerd and TheWhitePhoenix like this

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

Well i read one comment about removing the thermal detonators dudes. I think i will remove this weapon from their hands ... it is annoying and stupid.

Also i want to ask @@Psyk0Sith about making som variations of Lobot.. seems that many of You like his character You dont want to kill him... i think i will just edit the model and make cyborgs instead(only with permission)

I dont want to make Vader talking too much... but now there are not many of those . I am not fan of new battlefront game and to be honest i dont like how vader talks a lot ... if someone on Hub knows english well and can type some amazing lines i can ask for help! I will type a situation and other side will give me a written scene. I would make ... something cringy which i dont want to happen

yeyo JK and dark_apprentice like this