Bespin Cloud City Vader SP Mission - WIP

Guys Rly... when creating maps - make sure You will use fog at some point... the atmosphere is now amazing.

I disagree. I think it's great in some places, like where you have it here.  I also like fog at the bottom of deep pits so you can't see the player hitting the bottom. This is good because it's just a little hint of fog. Might I suggest the odd  (small ) steam jet coming out of the bottom of the wall?

Guys Rly... when creating maps - make sure You will use fog at some point... the atmosphere is now amazing.WZzBDKO.jpgoFBFkPO.jpgddMyRr1.jpgeuqs9Kw.jpgzPAXOCr.jpgusTUwrx.jpg7WWKJhB.jpgGlm3qLx.jpg

Also i made md3 models - the box model and these wall panels. Fast made and they look nice i think :)

Pal please do a flashback mission fighting w luke :)

And somehow...dont know how...but it would be amazing if u do a flashback mustafar fight w obiwan. I know its bespin but just a little flashback u know :)

I disagree. I think it's great in some places, like where you have it here.  I also like fog at the bottom of deep pits so you can't see the player hitting the bottom. This is good because it's just a little hint of fog. Might I suggest the odd  (small ) steam jet coming out of the bottom of the wall?

Well i wrote it wrong - not always of course ;) but at some point on the maps that rly should have fog. 

Yes i will add some effects as well!

Pal please do a flashback mission fighting w luke :)

And somehow...dont know how...but it would be amazing if u do a flashback mustafar fight w obiwan. I know its bespin but just a little flashback u know :)

like fightning ghost or something .. i will think about it. ;)

Will we see Boba Fett eventually !

Edit: What about a mini-level where you play as Boba Fett infiltrating Bespin on Vaders orders or something. Great work though!

well i wanted to make three versions in the offical mod -

playing as Vader - Normal mode

playing as Black Royal Guard - only two first maps without the boss fights - without lightsaber as well - with force powers on level 1 - Hard mode

playing as Storm Commando ( or Death troopers...dont have model tho.. [dont want use port models...] ) - only two first maps without the boss fights - no force powers less health - Legendary mode

Will we see Boba Fett eventually !

Edit: What about a mini-level where you play as Boba Fett infiltrating Bespin on Vaders orders or something. Great work though!

Ok ! so i check with the Openjk how vehicles works. Overall i was thinking about it because - it might be rly cool to do something like this! But i found out that creating huge box with skybox is still not enough space to make the ship fly normaly... which is very strange for me.. maybe making vehicle smaller and slower would work? I will try and let You Guys know ;) making small level with ship would be cool.

Noodle likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

New stuff ^^ Made a pike model for the Shadow Royal Guard

y2ENlhG.jpg

aR6lfqy.jpg

7Q1CaTD.jpg

QO4xyK7.jpg

MWzrRDu.jpg

Qtimtzc.jpg

YRWghOi.jpg

Made new flechette model too! :) (Hope You will Like it ;)

About the map i made small changes. specially i changed the red texture a little. Maybe not it is not more Movie like .. but i love the atmosphere.

PWklfBt.jpg< old ​xgAB5OP.jpg <new

God damn, all this looks nice! Although I'm a bit worried about what the polies on those weapons might be

Ok ! so i check with the Openjk how vehicles works. Overall i was thinking about it because - it might be rly cool to do something like this! But i found out that creating huge box with skybox is still not enough space to make the ship fly normaly... which is very strange for me.. maybe making vehicle smaller and slower would work? I will try and let You Guys know ;) making small level with ship would be cool.

Ouch, a bit late to notice that, but I've experimented and apparently having ships fly slower than 1000-1300 causes them to fall down inevitably. I can't remember how scaled down the ships I tested were, but I assume perhaps 1/4 or even 1/8 their normal size, or somewhere in-between. Going by that measure, a map as large as it can be (128000 units side to side) with ships that small can reach an apparent size of 14.4 km (1/4) or 28.8 km (1/8) side to side. Basically the only other way aside from code modifications to create some decent space combat.

Scale them down to 1/100 and you can fit two Death Star I in the map :P

Langerd likes this

God damn, all this looks nice! Although I'm a bit worried about what the polies on those weapons might be

MD3 - 1595

Glm - 2095

it seems high but they works with the DT Stormtroopers ;) Should make them more simpler shape but it works fine^^ i think the weapon beyond 3000 verts is too much for the normal gun...

swegmaster likes this

MD3 - 1595

Glm - 2095

it seems high but they works with the DT Stormtroopers ;) Should make them more simpler shape but it works fine^^ i think the weapon beyond 3000 verts is too much for the normal gun...

Do you make all your models in Blender? I'm curious since it'd be nice to start modeling :)

Langerd likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

Ouch, a bit late to notice that, but I've experimented and apparently having ships fly slower than 1000-1300 causes them to fall down inevitably. I can't remember how scaled down the ships I tested were, but I assume perhaps 1/4 or even 1/8 their normal size, or somewhere in-between. Going by that measure, a map as large as it can be (128000 units side to side) with ships that small can reach an apparent size of 14.4 km (1/4) or 28.8 km (1/8) side to side. Basically the only other way aside from code modifications to create some decent space combat.

Scale them down to 1/100 and you can fit two Death Star I in the map :P

In my opinion it is great idea to do that.. maybe not 1/100 but small enough to make it fun! I checked it in the Openjk .. and i am starting to ...think i should cooperetive with Someone to put this mod into this. I checked modifications made by Noodle - defenitely makes everything much cleaner easier and better. .. without oaying attention on the base folder and other pk3 files... i should go on with the modding i am a little kinda like "standing in one place"

The Bounty Hunter - One of the best snipers in the Galaxy - Javis (this is still WIP) He will be a mini Boss.. annoying as hell Dude. He has amazing reflexes - he can hit me while i am using force speed jumping.. so fighting him You should rly use some cover.

Zcj1Dtt.jpg
5wvRdKH.jpg
WBhPnKJ.jpg
J6RbDRN.jpg
a5He9ni.jpg
sVJiv70.jpg

I hope You will like him ^^ The design is made by me. I will not make 100% the same version as the concept art. I will change things because i dont like whole armor. [Edited model from @@Barricade24 's gunner model]

Smoo, swegmaster, Maksman and 3 others like this

It might just be me, but his head looks a little bit too big. However, since it's the Star Wars universe could it be that he isn't human, but a humanoid like species with big heads (like the Duros)?

A simple observation/suggestion that I could make regarding his design, is that if you see some of the most iconic Star Wars bounty hunters, like Boba Fett, Cad bane, Embo, IG-88, Dengar and others, is that: 

a) Sometimes they have something that makes them distinct, a personal banner-like symbol, (the mandalorian skull in Boba Fett, Embo has his own insignia in his armor, Cad Bane his hats), or 

b) Their equipment is dirty. The best bounty hunters are the ones with most experience, and it shows in their worn equipment. Their armor has scratches, their clothes have dirt, sometimes they carry memorablia from previous jobs (boba fett's wookiee braids, for example). Try to give your character some visual cues that help us imagine what his backstory is. 

I really like the idea of a sniper that stalks you. I was recently playing the Nina series and I got killed so many times by snipers I didn't see, it was quite amusing. 

Langerd likes this

It might just be me, but his head looks a little bit too big. However, since it's the Star Wars universe could it be that he isn't human, but a humanoid like species with big heads (like the Duros)?

A simple observation/suggestion that I could make regarding his design, is that if you see some of the most iconic Star Wars bounty hunters, like Boba Fett, Cad bane, Embo, IG-88, Dengar and others, is that: 

a) Sometimes they have something that makes them distinct, a personal banner-like symbol, (the mandalorian skull in Boba Fett, Embo has his own insignia in his armor, Cad Bane his hats), or 

b) Their equipment is dirty. The best bounty hunters are the ones with most experience, and it shows in their worn equipment. Their armor has scratches, their clothes have dirt, sometimes they carry memorablia from previous jobs (boba fett's wookiee braids, for example). Try to give your character some visual cues that help us imagine what his backstory is. 

I really like the idea of a sniper that stalks you. I was recently playing the Nina series and I got killed so many times by snipers I didn't see, it was quite amusing. 

Yes ! I am going to change him a little and give him something unique ;) . To be honest i was always thinking the same way.. is like with knights 

xL4cj.jpg

Noodle, LucyTheAlien and Smoo like this