[Request] Barabel

So I really want to play as a Barabel.  Barabels are very prominent across star wars history.  I have some bad attempts at models for barabels.  They dont have skeletons in them.  I hope someone can help.

Arn't you registered on the JEDI forum? There's a player on there named Voth who played a Barabel (he doesn't really play anymore unfortunately.) you could try PMing him to see if you could borrow the model.

I have that model.  I would like it updated a bit.  I want to use the head from the updated trandoshan head and have a different torso then the jedi torso

• 3 months later...

So is anyone willing to attach skeletons for these models, it would be really cool and I think Barabels will really add to the game.  Saba Sebatyne has to be one of the best Jedi ever how could we not have her in the game

I would be happy to do it for you, but I'm still learning the game of rigging models and getting them into JKA I'm afraid. When @@minilogoguy18 has the time spare to finish his tutorial series on that I'm sure there will be a fair few folks who will have the know-how to help you out with it. 

Fair warning, it could be a bit of a wait though, since with the holiday season in full swing folks are going to have less and less free time until the new year.

Jrue likes this

I'm going to try to come back to this sometime but it may be after the holidays, although I don't celebrate them just the living situation may be to where I'm not living with so many people making recording in peace possible and less awkward.

Had a pretty rough patch in my life over the past few months so I kinda had to put everything on hold.

Archangel35757, Circa and Jrue like this

I'm going to try to come back to this sometime but it may be after the holidays, although I don't celebrate them just the living situation may be to where I'm not living with so many people making recording in peace possible and less awkward.

Had a pretty rough patch in my life over the past few months so I kinda had to put everything on hold.

It's all good man. Real life matters most. I look forward to the next videos.

mmm, i am rigged  dozens of models of Legacy of Kain monsters, i can do the barabel with 3d studio max  after i end my MD3 models. :) I love the race of barabel too. I am a fan of shadow of empire, and luke was captured by one of barabel bounty hunter of xizor. :)

That would be awesome.  Let me know when you get done working on your MD3 models and I can send you over what models I have of Barabels  

That would be awesome.  Let me know when you get done working on your MD3 models and I can send you over what models I have of Barabels  

well, i need to end the map object by games of soul reaver, soul reaver 2, blood omen 2 (only glyph mechanism) and legacy of kain defiance, but after i am free and for my mod i need to do only the effects and some edit code for SP, after i can start with the Kain tales for make an amatorial The Dark prophecy with JA engine, a cutted game of eidos interactive. well well, okay, i think i need some week, i advise you when i end. I am also a science fiction writer and i love the design of barabel model, i have a race of reptilians on my planets (half men, half crocodiles ) and can be useful for make a concept of they. Your model have also textured and uvmapping and need only the rig for the skeleton right? Because i not know how to make uvmapping and textures, i am not so expert, but i am a good rigger, i used ja humanoid skeleton for animate non humanoid monster of legacy of kain with nice results.

is strange, but is possible to do. :)

So rig a barabel should be relative easy, i think is not more difficult of make a rig for a model like desann. I know also how to make a little movement of the tail.

Jrue likes this

well, i need to end the map object by games of soul reaver, soul reaver 2, blood omen 2 (only glyph mechanism) and legacy of kain defiance, but after i am free and for my mod i need to do only the effects and some edit code for SP, after i can start with the Kain tales for make an amatorial The Dark prophecy with JA engine, a cutted game of eidos interactive. well well, okay, i think i need some week, i advise you when i end. I am also a science fiction writer and i love the design of barabel model, i have a race of reptilians on my planets (half men, half crocodiles ) and can be useful for make a concept of they. Your model have also textured and uvmapping and need only the rig for the skeleton right? Because i not know how to make uvmapping and textures, i am not so expert, but i am a good rigger, i used ja humanoid skeleton for animate non humanoid monster of legacy of kain with nice results.

is strange, but is possible to do. :)

So rig a barabel should be relative easy, i think is not more difficult of make a rig for a model like desann. I know also how to make a little movement of the tail.

I believe I only need the skeleton

Asgarath83 likes this

I have the JA Skeleton in my 3d max, so is not a problem i need just the model for working. GLM format, if is possible, i import better wwith glm, 3ds, and 3ds, also obj, but i fear thatin obj make me all mesh like a unique part and so detaching without knowing rthe material is a problem. the model is capped or need also the capping? :) it's in root pose? 

I have the JA Skeleton in my 3d max, so is not a problem i need just the model for working. GLM format, if is possible, i import better wwith glm, 3ds, and 3ds, also obj, but i fear thatin obj make me all mesh like a unique part and so detaching without knowing rthe material is a problem. the model is capped or need also the capping? :) it's in root pose? 

I can more than likely get into glm or 3ds no problem

oh dear god...

I should really work at my assignment but... mudbox :|

TRKaih9.png

That is a very good head, I was just using the reskined trandoshan head, but that is sooo much better