78 members have voted

1. 1. Models

• Han Solo (Original Trilogy)
    • Luke Skywalker (Original Trilogy)
    • Princess Leia (Original Trilogy)
    • Ki-Adi Mundi
    • Poe Dameron
    • Obi-wan (Ep1, Ep2, EpIV)
    • Nien Nunb (Or general Sullustan model)
    • Other (State in reply)

20/1/2016

Hey guys, I'm pretty done, just finishing off some textures for the model, here is some screenshots from Modview to have an idea of what it will look like in game, minus specular:

6L8Im7.png

KbRdPF.png

VHc3bc.png

wSg2Za.png

ZksJou.png

91at1J.png

IRLIDc.png

OS0CeL.png

I'll try and get it submitted this evening or tomorrow morning.

Anyone got any suggestions on doing specular maps for JKA/Quake 3 Engine? I'm finding a bit difficult to get a decent result.

As for the poll, I have already started working on Poe Dameron, so I'll post some wips within the week or so.

Update 09/1/2015:

I'm not too happy with this outfit, the diamond pattern was a pain to do, anyway I might tweak the textures a bit more, but I want to finish this model off and move onto a new project.

p3hF3T.png

LnEZ3i.png

Reference:

Ig8LbWZd.jpg

Update 27/12/2015:

Just did some traditional Jedi robes. Wasn't alot of references for them in the comics so I just did something familiar.

CvmNo3.jpg

7ufD34.jpg

References:

7qEbTP.jpg

Rbj5Qd.jpg

pose4n.jpg

Update 23/11/2015:

Sorry for the lack of update guys, been busy unfortunately.

But anyway made a new outfit for Aayla based off her disguise she wore in the clone wars:

AU6QAI.jpg

135268-128682-aayla-secura.jpg

f9713b4aa12b96fd955db1b74b79e73a.jpg

Update 11/9/2015:

Been working on her Mechanic/Disguise outfit, as seen in the comics:

3mpE7L.jpg

Reference:

57483663166880701.jpgnormal_MechanicBok.jpg

Had to guesstimate a couple of things as in the comics there's not really a clear shot of the boots and the outfit in neutral lighting.

Working on a new model, this time Aayla Secura:

Still early days, but I'll show you what I've started with:

CdkjcR.jpg

Not too happy with the face atm, so I'll probably be focusing on that for a while.

Aiming to make this mainly for use with Rend2.

Appreciate constructive and helpful feedback.

The waist looks normal for a change. The problem is JKA doesn't know normal. All the female models in JKA have ridiculously narrow waists...

Hallelujah for a great Aayla Secura model, @@Scerendo! :D You're a legend! But please make her regular JKA (non-rend2) compatible...

Looking forward to this.

doing a conversion is easy and can be automated with my tools - gotta love substance designer :winkthumb:

Scerendo likes this

Working on a new model, this time Aayla Secura:

Still early days, but I'll show you what I've started with:

CdkjcR.jpg

Not too happy with the face atm, so I'll probably be focusing on that for a while.

Aiming to make this mainly for use with Rend2.

Appreciate constructive and helpful feedback.

Textures and face looks godlike but yep... body needs a little work. Still Awesome model 8)

Scerendo likes this

The waist looks normal for a change. The problem is JKA doesn't know normal. All the female models in JKA have ridiculously narrow waists...

Hallelujah for a great Aayla Secura model, @@Scerendo! :D You're a legend! But please make her regular JKA (non-rend2) compatible...

Looking forward to this.

Aayla was one of my clone wars secondary jedi favourites. she loved kit fisto and she die tragically. i ever think of her like a kotor "mission vao" jedi version. XD

mmmmm... i am too asking also for a normal JKA compatibility.

i suggest to try to make the model little more atletic and tall. but for JKA engine is fine. :) i not think if is possible to fix the hips. i think the face need to more adjustment.

great job however, keep it up. :)

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090804024849/starwars/images/6/61/Aayla_TCW.png

Scerendo likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Update:

Been working on her Mechanic/Disguise outfit, as seen in the comics:

3mpE7L.jpg

Reference:

57483663166880701.jpgnormal_MechanicBok.jpg

Had to guesstimate a couple of things as in the comics there's not really a clear shot of the boots and the outfit in neutral lighting.

Either her arms look too skinny, or her waist is a bit too wide. Can't decide which.

Either way, nice work! Looking good.

I agree with Circa but maybe she just needs to be a little taller

I think the default Jedi Academy pose does not help that either. I'll try either adding a bit more definition to her stomach or maybe pulling her a waist a little, and narrowing her a bit.

Will the mouth move?

Yeah will do.

As usual, no idea who this is - but I really like the texture work. It all looks so. Clean. Is this done from scratch?

Its all done from scratch, I do the detailing in zBrush then I bake out maps in xNormal and edit them in Quixel Suite and Photoshop.

Looking forward to this.

Thank you, don't worry I will do a regular version as well, just wanted people to know the main intention is to work with Rend2. Tbh only real diffrence is the inclusion of normal and spec/gloss maps for rend2. I'll do a vanilla Jedi Academy texture set as well with just the diffuse and spec.

Thanks for the comments guys.

• 2 months later...