EPVII Kylo Ren

No one knows who the Chrome Trooper is since Lucasfilm is keeping the rest of the movie's plot elements extremely secret aside from what we've already seen which is my guess.

The Chrome Stormtrooper is a female character which won't be revealed until EPVIII or EPIX. This female character is the character I stated here:

http://jkhub.org/topic/5449-new-canon-star-wars-character/

Her name is Moff Mors, but I do not know her Stormtrooper Alias name, perhaps "Captain Phasma"? Makes sense to me.

The chrome trooper was rumored to be captain Phasma, Her appearance might be close to Gwendoline Christie (one picture from drone showed she is blond and about 2 m tall).

As for Kylo Ren - we must see his face. I guess he is very ugly. One concept is still debated whether it's Kylo Ren or an old guy, played by Max Von Sydow (cyborg veteran):

b00c04d9fb783a733c1e43ab0d7cb0ac.jpg

• 3 months later...

Sad to say, less than impressed with the design of Kylo Ren. The way they could redeem this is with a Darth Nihillus cameo, JS.

I'd be happier with Darth Revan, at least his design is... more. But still, he may turn out to be better than expected.

JAWSFreelao likes this

Am I the only one that thinks the saber design is retarded?

I actually kinda like it.. as long as it remains the ONLY saber with 3 blades. It would look ridiculous having EVERYONE using different colored crosses.

It's less stupid than a staff saber. At least you could argue some practical purpose with this saber. It looks like a broadsword of sorts. I disagree, I think the look of the character and the saber design are fine. What I hate is the name. "Kylo Ren" sounds like such a crap name, that my only guess is that it has to be an anagram.

There is no purpose for the "exhaust" blades. It was made to look cool, but that failed. Maul's saber made sense. Dooku had a curved hilt, which is simply a comfort thing. Kylo Ren uses a stupid saber because whoever designed it failed to be innovative without making it appear ridiculous. It's only better than Rebels' inquisitor's shitsaber.

There really is no need for special sabers. Vader, Sidious and 99% others use normal ones and nobody ever said that they're worse because of that.

There is no purpose for the "exhaust" blades. It was made to look cool, but that failed. Maul's saber made sense. Dooku had a curved hilt, which is simply a comfort thing. Kylo Ren uses a stupid saber because whoever designed it failed to be innovative without making it appear ridiculous. It's only better than Rebels' inquisitor's shitsaber.

There really is no need for special sabers. Vader, Sidious and 99% others use normal ones and nobody ever said that they're worse because of that.

Do you have any logical reasoning to back up anything that you just said?
Daedra and therfiles like this

He doesn't realise that design is made specifically to prevent this from happening:

luke2.jpg

It saves money on buying a replacement hand plus it looks nice too.

This is what nobody pays attention to. They think Kylo will hold the saber in a certain way that he will burn his fingers off. I doubt he is that much of an amateur.

But the same thing happened when Episode 1 was going to release, they made fun of the staff saber, then after actually watching the movie they realised it was great.

I believe that is the same case with Episode 7.

Langerd likes this

He doesn't realise that design is made specifically to prevent this from happening:

I disagree. That design doesn't really seem to serve that purpose - the saber blade will just slip on that blade, until it either cuts off the main emitter or the side ones.

Yes.

luke2.jpg

You don't realize that it's a cumbersome way to go about it. You can cut the hilt part and the exhaust blade will cease to function. The disadvantage outweights the advantage because those blades near your arm surely make sabering less comfortable and safe than it could be. Also if he's not an amateur you'd think he wouldn't need to use such a noob-friendly saber that screams "I'm afraid to lose my hand". You're fooling yourself if you believe this saber was made purely for functional purposes and not to look cool for kids.

Yes.

You don't realize that it's a cumbersome way to go about it. You can cut the hilt part and the exhaust blade will cease to function. The disadvantage outweights the advantage because those blades near your arm surely make sabering less comfortable and safe than it could be. Also if he's not an amateur you'd think he wouldn't need to use such a noob-friendly saber that screams "I'm afraid to lose my hand". You're fooling yourself if you believe this saber was made purely for functional purposes and not to look cool for kids.

Well medieval swords are made the same and you don't see anyones hands being chopped off and they have the exact same guards. And like i said, the same thing happened with the Staff in Episode 1. Everyone kept saying he could cut off his own leg. Do you believe that now after seeing the movie?

eezstreet likes this

The laser (emm blade?) o the lighstaber couldnt be in the shape of the medieval sword... so they made two little lightsaber parts with two mini blades that like many people say.. They can be cut in the easy way. It is true but still it looks pretty cool and nobody thought that it will be good idea (because.. still many people said that it isnt XD)

And saber staff is very effective D: In JK it is not in the way it should be.. but Maul for example used it very well

Daedra likes this

Staff in Episode 1. Everyone kept saying he could cut off his own leg. Do you believe that now after seeing the movie?

I never believed that in the first place. Oh and the fact you're comparing medieval swords to lightsabers kind of puts me off to further discuss with you.