Original Trilogy models

I have a feeling that most of the characters made for Jedi Academy are based on the prequel trilogy.

I mean, what about the classic ones? Where are all the characters like Tarkin, Admiral Piett, General Veers (with armor), Biggs Darklighter,

Jek Porkins, Crix Madine, Bib Fortuna, Jabba or Wedge Antilles? The classic trilogy has a lot of characters to offer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not furious at all and I don't want to force anyone to make those models. But I think there is so much about the Prequel era, 

it's kinda boring. You know, I grew up with the classic trilogy, long before the prequels came out, and I just hope I speak for everyone who

are tired of the prequel stuff and really want more of the classic stuff.

hhunter6 and KyleKatarn1995 like this

Unfortunately there's been a lot of focus on re-making certain models over the years, and not so much on creating new ones. I know very few modellers who have actually attempted new things (HapSlash and Mars Marshall being notably two of them). As @@Kualan said, HapSlash focused a lot on the original characters in his later work, but unfortunately many of them never got to see daylight. I remember following the development of the Tarkin model closely. (HapSlash spent a lot of heart in it and it was very close to release.)

On that note I will commend @@DT85 for his work on Mara Jade and his other new models (that I've discovered only recently) and @@Jeff for his Ladies of the EU skin pack.

And I strongly urge all (remaining) JK modellers to be brave and tackle new challenges. @@Lancelot is absolutely right in that we've only scratched the surface of all the characters that the original trilogy and the Star Wars universe contains. There's so much more to create.  :winkthumb:

Jeff and Lancelot like this

What's wrong with making better versions of models that already exist? Some of the ones out there are really bad looking imo (like the Wookie JK2 model)

I think we could do for a new Lando model though, in my opinion.

I don't know... I think there's a point where perfecting an already decent model seems wasteful. Especially if that means not concentrating on Star Wars characters that still don't have a place in JK.

I can understand remaking a terrible model to something that's acceptable or decent, but anything that comes close to the default set of Raven characters in quality  (or surpasses them) is sufficient to portray that character in the game. Beyond that perfection is wasteful, I think. Efforts should be concentrated on bringing new characters to the game, not on upping superfluous details, no matter how nice they look.

I'm not saying that for study purposes one shouldn't aim to do better, but sometimes an original approach is better than a copy even in such an instance.

Peoples wants ever new things. and new models, also make not much good, of a character missing on JKA staff can give a good incipitand more variety. for upgrande and make all models in HD there is time. i think are goods the two things, too. one thing, not exclude the other. :)

i am interessed more to the EU models, for my own desideres, but it's fine also the old trilogy missing models. :)

Example: the IG88 series, appears in a scene of Empire Strakes Back. No one has made him again. XD and i love assassin droids :D

shoul be also interessing for making a mod about same hero that defeat an imperial factory of new IG88 droids, like the Hk47 copies factory cutted on Kotor 2, and added with a multi language mod. i played kotor 1 and 2 and also the expansion pack. the Hk50 factory was hilarous as addon XD

hk50: why he go into the armoury? he's not already quite armed?

hk50b: don't be stupid. anyone are never quite armed!

LOL

i agree every new entry model of old trilogy, new trilogy, EU and not star wars model, however. :)

I don't like the word "should." People ought to be able to make whatever they want, I reckon. ;)

Well, I'm just saying. No harm in that. :P

Everyone can do what they like, of course, but if too many of us make something that already exists as an acceptable model (Raven quality / +), we will end up with a lack of an extended Star Wars cast such as what we have now. It'd be nice to tackle more variety, that's all I'm saying.

Asgarath83 likes this

I wanted to start working on this version of revan:

DarthRevan.jpg

but then I learned almighty_gir already started one that's almost this version exactly, so I got pouty (he stole my candy before I even knew I wanted it).

Need to find another one I really wanna make xD

I wanted to start working on this version of revan:

DarthRevan.jpg

but then I learned almighty_gir already started one that's almost this version exactly, so I got pouty (he stole my candy before I even knew I wanted it).

Need to find another one I really wanna make xD

Why not do a little research into other Star Wars characters? I think this is the third or fourth time someone's making a Revan model. The Star Wars universe is massive, and once you start reading, there are so many interesting characters to choose from. There are a lot of minor characters in this list, but every once and again you come across someone interesting with a detailed backstory and a more significant role in Star Wars fiction/media:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Individuals

Find a character that you find interesting that no-one's made (or is already making) a decent model of. Take a unique look, a new species -- something that presents a new challenge for your modelling skills.

Unfortunately there's been a lot of focus on re-making certain models over the years, and not so much on creating new ones. I know very few modellers who have actually attempted new things (HapSlash and Mars Marshall being notably two of them)

I must admit that Hapslash was my only hope concerning proper versions of Star Wars characters. He did an amazing job in everything he made.

He worked on higher quality versions of Imperial Officers, Darth Vader, Luke in his Bespin Outfit, X-Wing Pilots and almost everything of

the classic trilogy. But after Hapslash disappeared, I've never seen a modeler like him again. He was just fantastic.

Asgarath83 likes this

I must admit that Hapslash was my only hope concerning proper versions of Star Wars characters. He did an amazing job in everything he made.

He worked on higher quality versions of Imperial Officers, Darth Vader, Luke in his Bespin Outfit, X-Wing Pilots and almost everything of

the classic trilogy. But after Hapslash disappeared, I've never seen a modeler like him again. He was just fantastic.

I honestly like Toshi's models more than Hapslash's. And @@DT85 does a phenomenal job as well.

hhunter6 likes this

The talent is definitely still around, the likes of @@DT85 and @@Psyk0Sith just to name a few. It just comes down to time and inclination.

A good modeller not only needs the time spare to commit to a great model, but also the motivation to want to see that model completed - the number of hours such a task requires can't be done any other way!

Lancelot likes this

Why not do a little research into other Star Wars characters? I think this is the third or fourth time someone's making a Revan model. The Star Wars universe is massive, and once you start reading, there are so many interesting characters to choose from. There are a lot of minor characters in this list, but every once and again you come across someone interesting with a detailed backstory and a more significant role in Star Wars fiction/media:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Individuals

Find a character that you find interesting that no-one's made (or is already making) a decent model of. Take a unique look, a new species -- something that presents a new challenge for your modelling skills.

Aye I know, I just figured that outfit of revan had a lot of potential for others to have fun with after I was done.

I'm open to suggestions though xD

Well, i think a little list of character turns in my mind this night.

maybe someone can be found interessing by community:

1 Bail Organa

2 Greedo?

3 Dengar the bounty Hunter

4 Zam Wessell

5 Lobot

6 Yuuzhan Vong

7 Nil Spaar, EU lord of the Yevetha race of Koornatch ammass

8 the Doctor Evazan, aka Doctor Death.

9 Ponda Baba

10 Max Rebo Band! :D

11 Jabba

12 Ackbar and the Moncal

13 Porkins 

14 Biggs Darklighter

15 the great Wedge Antilles

16 Otto von Bismark... ehmmm, rotfl... i want to tell: Admidar Ozzel :P

17 Admiral Piett

18 Admiral Needa

19 Crix Madine

20 Rieekar

21 all cutie ewoks <3

22 Gand bounty hunter

23 a Quarren

24 the Vraatix, the insectoid race that make the bacta fluid, of Thyferra.

For now i not have other ideas of NEW models. :D

Well, i think a little list of character turns in my mind this night.

maybe someone can be found interessing by community:

1 Bail Organa

2 Greedo?

3 Dengar the bounty Hunter

4 Zam Wessell

5 Lobot

6 Yuuzhan Vong

7 Nil Spaar, EU lord of the Yevetha race of Koornatch ammass

8 the Doctor Evazan, aka Doctor Death.

9 Ponda Baba

10 Max Rebo Band! :D

11 Jabba

12 Ackbar and the Moncal

13 Porkins 

14 Biggs Darklighter

15 the great Wedge Antilles

16 Otto von Bismark... ehmmm, rotfl... i want to tell: Admidar Ozzel :P

17 Admiral Piett

18 Admiral Needa

19 Crix Madine

20 Rieekar

21 all cutie ewoks <3

22 Gand bounty hunter

23 a Quarren

24 the Vraatix, the insectoid race that make the bacta fluid, of Thyferra.

For now i not have other ideas of NEW models. :D

The following already exist:

1. Greedo (he's in the vanilla game...)

2. Zam Wessel

3. Lobot

4. The Vong.

5. Ponda Baba.

6. Max Rebo.

7. Jabba.

8. Ackbar and the Mon Calamari.

9. Porkins

10. Biggs

11. Wedge

12. Madine

13. Ewoks

14. Gand (Zuckuss)

In fact, as you can see, MOST of that list is already available.

There is already the Vong model? :o: cool, can i see where i can download it?

The Yuuzhan Vong model was made and released in 2002, originally intended for use in JK2.

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/;3800

Like Ruxith said, the model hasn't exactly aged well over the years, but it still does a good job of recreating the average Yuuzhan Vong.

If there are any already made models that exist which I would love to see remade, the Yuuzhan Vong warrior would definitely be placed on the top of my list.

Asgarath83 likes this

It'd be nice to see more variety in the weequay and rodian models.

The Ackbar and Jabba models/skins need some work for sure, their textures are really especially muddy. I'm not sure, but is there an Endor skin for Luke? Or a Leia skin for Hoth/Endor? I don't remember seeing these but they might be in MB2's FA mode.

I'd like to see remakes of the baseJA models personally.

Like I said, I'm all for making better versions of what's there. Mini's ATST looks great and I like DT's recent remakes as well.

I'm starting to think that we need a new Ep2 clone model. The head is large and the left hand tag is broken/backwards.

Bek likes this