Can anyone recommend any good mods?

Well have been playing JKA for about 5 years (not including the time I was just playing the demo) and I've come to realize that you can find some really good mods deep within File Front and JKHub so this is why I started this topic.

Not sure about SP mods but if you're into really cool lightsaber combat (as in like-the-movies) i urge you to give OJP (Open Jedi Project) a go. I think the last version they officially put out was 1.2 but you can get 1.3 as well and i think that one's more balanced.

Anyway, the saber fights are the closest to the movies as you're ever going to get with any Star Wars game out to date. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t8Zgf82mlM

Bek likes this

Not sure about SP mods but if you're into really cool lightsaber combat (as in like-the-movies) i urge you to give OJP (Open Jedi Project) a go. I think the last version they officially put out was 1.2 but you can get 1.3 as well and i think that one's more balanced.

Anyway, the saber fights are the closest to the movies as you're ever going to get with any Star Wars game out to date. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t8Zgf82mlM

Wow the saber combat looks very realistic! but it's a shame it's only for MP yet it doesn't take away from it's awesomeness.

That's for MP only though. It's definitely cool for cinematic effect.

If you haven't already, you can sift through our SP section.

http://jkhub.org/files/category/30-single-player/

Thanks!

Wow the saber combat looks very realistic! but it's a shame it's only for MP yet it doesn't take away from it's awesomeness.

Thanks!

No problem :) thing is that in OJP 1.2 they've added a Co-Op game type to the existing ones (ex. FFA, Duel etc) in which you were able to play all missions throughout the campaign with a buddy :D Some work better than others but it's ok overall :D 

You just launch OJP and pick Cooperative from the game type and voila :) enjoy sabering some bastards \m/

Link likes this

No problem :) thing is that in OJP 1.2 they've added a Co-Op game type to the existing ones (ex. FFA, Duel etc) in which you were able to play all missions throughout the campaign with a buddy :D Some work better than others but it's ok overall :D

You just launch OJP and pick Cooperative from the game type and voila :) enjoy sabering some bastards \m/

Co-Op would be a great mode to play in a base mod, like OpenJK.

negru_tudor likes this

Not sure if this is one you are looking for, but give Movie Duels II a look. So much SP goodness in one place!

I always thought MDII was a MP mod until recently. :P I want to make a similar mod to that sometime though. With more levels that aren't just battles, like The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith video games.

Bek likes this

Another good 'ladder' style map is "Bobo's Jedi Trainer". It goes on a long time. It's not really supposed to be beaten I think. More play until you get tired. I beat it last week finally using quick saves. Took awhile even with more powerful sabers and dismemberment from OJP Basic.

Bek likes this

Sadly I have no buddies :(  ,but I will do the FFA and Duel aspects of OJP  :D

Not sure if this is one you are looking for, but give Movie Duels II a look. So much SP goodness in one place!

Yeah I've downloaded it before, I actually have some of the assets PK3's in my base folder. Though I don't really like the main story gameplay I think it could use an update