Requesting real functional BB-8 droid from The Force Awakens, episode 7 of upcoming Star Wars movie.

I have requested this droid once, but nothing happened. Also i am familiar with the thread of some person over here who happen to made and show us some pictures of this droid, but it was never released. So let the modeling BEGIN.

Even if it's simple based on R2D2's npc just make it happen.

:bb8: 

bb-8-work.jpg

And that is why, I have re-requested again, since with my first request for BB-8 nothing happened and we were waiting something new over the Ball-Droid WIP Thread. But since i assume it won't come out from there, I made a new request hopefully some one...Else would spend time creating BB-8 for JKA and giving it even a small function as what R2D2 has as NPC and even if it's not rolling big deal.

Why don't YOU make this then, if it were THAT EASY? Animating this would be a pain.

Because of a who knows how many time, i am a SOUND ENGINEER and all my time GOES over music projects, albums and my personal band. In the free time i try to make some texture edits and freaky Frankensteins on Blender, that every kid at age 5 can do. If i was ABLE to do it myself, WOULD I ask a request for this in here?!? :)

There are lots of good artists in here, who are much better in their knowledge with Blender, 3D Studio Max, Maya etc. and even people with more or less free time and skills, who are able to crate this model for about 3-5 days or something like that or ok let's say it for about 3 weeks. I don't ask for a ROLLING droid, I asked for just the model with same functions and moves as the one from R2-D2.

I can assume that making a real ball droid with the bigger ball rolling whenever he moves will be pain in the ass, but that's why i requested just the model with R2D2's npc and movements.

z3filus likes this

I was sad that other progress thread dropped off the map, but I understand life and stuff. Good to see the offer to share materials and progress to bring this to a reality. The one thing I've learned about this community is that more often than not people will take the time to make something the right way so when it finally is released, it's beautiful.

Asgarath83 and Barricade24 like this