Jedi Home III - Temple Edition

Is the similitude to the Eban Hawk intentional?  If I could suggest something, it would be to give some asymmetry to the design, like the best star wars ships. 

The Ebon Hawk was always my favorite ship. So I decided to take the design and play with the concept as if it were being designed in more modern star wars times. Some where between episode 3-4. Folks you've gotto remember this also has to be able to fit an interior while not draining the engine of more computation. 

The Ebon Hawk was always my favorite ship. So I decided to take the design and play with the concept as if it were being designed in more modern star wars times. Some where between episode 3-4. Folks you've gotto remember this also has to be able to fit an interior while not draining the engine of more computation. 

It looks like a blend between the Falcon and the Ebon Hawk. :)

The exterior color scheme will be red and white. Pucture 1950s american malt shop feel. Touches of chrome etc sleek feeling in a weird way.

The interior curvey and smooth. Blue lighting for interfaces etc with that strong 50's feel.

I think I'm gonna call it, AngelModder. Someone is gonna take the model and make it a vehicle. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that did happen. ^_^

ZanderNao likes this

I suggest to make MD3 mode for some things. Overlall nice concept :)

Alot of things already are md3. However certain things like the ship etc will not be infact I'm having them written off as an entity. The reason for that is when kids decide to decompile this it will erase it and other area's and details I do not wish reused in other maps. Lets face it people do it. 

I've always had an issue with people using my materials and such. Even asking me honestly just kind of gets under my skin in a weird way. As for the Rhino, if any one's going to turn it into a vehicle it will be me, no one else. :/ just how I am. 

Alot of things already are md3. However certain things like the ship etc will not be infact I'm having them written off as an entity. The reason for that is when kids decide to decompile this it will erase it and other area's and details I do not wish reused in other maps. Lets face it people do it. 

I've always had an issue with people using my materials and such. Even asking me honestly just kind of gets under my skin in a weird way. As for the Rhino, if any one's going to turn it into a vehicle it will be me, no one else. :/ just how I am. 

I didn't know you could make things un-compilable, may I ask how do you achieve that? 

What happened to the Outrider? I was so happy when it won that contest poll that you were going to include it in the map as fully explorable ship, are you still putting it in the project?

Outrider will be in it, just not like you expected XD, in a MUCH better way, but I also wanted some thing a bit original. Years ago Ockniel and I both entered into a jk2files mapping contest. The theme was Taris and we took second place. I designed the hanger interior and the Ebon  hawk inside of it. We ran out of time and due to a rush job I never really got to do with it what I had originally wanted. looking back at the old map file I almost used it again in this. However after having learned so much since even then I felt it just sucked. So the Rhino was born. 

I didn't know you could make things un-compilable, may I ask how do you achieve that? 

You can't make a map un-compilable, however certain entities erase them selves during decompile. Setting brush work to these specific types of Func's will make them be erased apun decompiling the map, Ergo no one can steal your shit. XD

Noodle likes this

Outrider will be in it, just not like you expected XD, in a MUCH better way, but I also wanted some thing a bit original. Years ago Ockniel and I both entered into a jk2files mapping contest. The theme was Taris and we took second place. I designed the hanger interior and the Ebon  hawk inside of it. We ran out of time and due to a rush job I never really got to do with it what I had originally wanted. looking back at the old map file I almost used it again in this. However after having learned so much since even then I felt it just sucked. So the Rhino was born. 

You can't make a map un-compilable, however certain entities erase them selves during decompile. Setting brush work to these specific types of Func's will make them be erased apun decompiling the map, Ergo no one can steal your shit. XD

Cool, I can't wait for this map.

So is there a history behind why all the Jedi Home maps are on Bespin? I always loved the idea and RP'd the hell out of both maps about ten-twelve years ago. Just wondering if you wanted to could you make it on another planet?

Or, is there a way to make the game have some kind of real time, day/night shift (for whatever bespin's cycles are, make the hours into minutes (earth = 12 mins day / 12 mins night with about 3 in between each for morning/evening shifts))

Smoo and TheWhitePhoenix like this

Thanks. Well to be honest I think originally Shadow just liked the sky box, most people like sunsets.However after the second one released the community just sort of insisted it was bespin due to the sky box and other texture chosen. I suppose some where along the way even he did as well. During the span of time I knew him it was always just Bespin in his opinion. While not built on The Cloud City Facility we all know and love from ESB it was some thing similiar, hidden and cloaked away during the Jedi purge. 

The ability to make changing skyboxes already exsist, however map lighting and shadows are baked into the surfaces and are static, so while the sky could change the lighting would not. This would look rather odd. The best choice would be to choose a point of time you like and have one nicely blended theme then try to develop a theme that's not concentrated and would look odd at times. 
In the Warzone variation of this map It will have the ability to succesfully change from night to do, so that's some thing you'll get to look forward to. 

I thought MD3 as misc_model will also be earesed. If You will not put the MD3 in the pk3 file it will still load misc_model - misc_model_static will not. ..I might be wrong 

EDIT: Because misc_model is baked into the map. Misc_model Static is just loaded model without shading from the map.

Edited by Langerd
AngelModder likes this

I thought MD3 as misc_model will also be earesed. If You will not put the MD3 in the pk3 file it will still load misc_model - misc_model_static will not. ..I might be wrong 

EDIT: Because misc_model is baked into the map. Misc_model Static is just loaded model without shading from the map.

The inherit issue with that would be that I would have to include the MD3, and that's as good as handing them the piece.

Langerd likes this

The inherit issue with that would be that I would have to include the MD3, and that's as good as handing them the piece.

Langerd is saying that mm's are baked into the .bsp geometry and don't require the original mesh file to be included in the .pk3 - mms however needs the model as it loads the mesh in runtime.

So using misc_model will prevent the ship from being decompiled.

AngelModder and Langerd like this

Langerd is saying that mm's are baked into the .bsp geometry and don't require the original mesh file to be included in the .pk3 - mms however needs the model as it loads the mesh in runtime.

So using misc_model will prevent the ship from being decompiled.

Yep! Because when i wanted to use the bench and Lando statue for my map - it wasnt in the orinal assets of the game. There were textures but no MD3 model. 

After long looking i found them in the SDK files for JO.

AngelModder likes this