Kain - Legacy of Kain series

Sorry, model is in game and working, just been really busy with moving, life and DF2 mod. I added a mouth recently as the inside wasn't modeled, trying to get rid of the errors when compiling with the LOD's, gonna try to finish this one up as it really does need to be released.

No, I'm not making a Blood Omen 2 Kain, pretty sure that game wasn't fully considered as cannon anyway.

Oh yeah, a major thing that was holding it back was sounds, need to get a good sound set for the model. I have a few clips from the games that I might be able to edit into taunts but no grunts or anything that can be used for getting hit and dying.

Asgarath83 likes this

Oh yeah, a major thing that was holding it back was sounds, need to get a good sound set for the model. I have a few clips from the games that I might be able to edit into taunts but no grunts or anything that can be used for getting hit and dying.

I would help with sounds if I had the games. If you have the source material, I can make you some sounds from it, to save you some time.

Sorry, model is in game and working, just been really busy with moving, life and DF2 mod. I added a mouth recently as the inside wasn't modeled, trying to get rid of the errors when compiling with the LOD's, gonna try to finish this one up as it really does need to be released.

No, I'm not making a Blood Omen 2 Kain, pretty sure that game wasn't fully considered as cannon anyway.

The heck? Blood Omen 2 is awesome! :D

Allright, I get it. :) Hope all is well over there and you're happy where you've moved.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I got 2 LOD's, trying to crunch it down any further just makes everything look all wacky, besides having 2 LOD's plus the main mesh should be good enough. Just to be clear, there are 3 total stages of detail, the main mesh and 2 lower quality versions. I did the best I could with some of the shoulder weights but the skeleton doesn't work well with muscular characters, you generally need more bones or a lot more detail to make it look good.

I might have to go back and make some LOD's for the Soul Reaver since I recently figured out MD3 LOD's.

I'm kinda a perfectionist, I feel that I did what I could without adding more edge loops to the shoulders which would be the only way I could really make them better since adding bones is out of the question.

I just need to find some sounds, I have some of the LoK games for PC on steam, need to find some way to get some sounds for him if it's legal.

wqWpuFM.png

One last thing, sounds.

@@Asgarath83 any help with sounds?

Hello. WOW! nice work man! It's perfect! well, i have the sounds of the old kain model XIII in english. i get also the sounds for my mod of all kain dialogue of soul reaver, soul reaver 2, defiance and blood omen 2 BUT... they are in italian, my home language. ._.

so i doubt they can be useful for you.

it's possible to rip the sounds with the tools on the site lostworlds.net (soul spiral for exctract the file of the game, mulwav for extract defiance sound and "sound of his wings" utility for process the sounds of soul reaver and soul reaver 2.

this is the bad news, the good news is i can pass to you the sounds for custom effects, swings etc of the soul reaver.

you can download here. i make the sounds by fraps registrations of my games. turning off the music and ripping sounds.

however i can pass you.

- SAB file of my soul reaver version (is very HEAVY as weapon, BIG DAMAGE, is devastating like the soul reaver of Defiance, after raziel sacrifice. )

- effect file of soul reaver

- kain sound (by kain raziel XIII mod + some sound i replace with betters: laughts, pains and vae victis. )

- soul reaver sounds (the sound of swings Defiance, when kain fight Elder God with pure blade.  i have also all other elements if is necessary.)

- gfx materials (but be careful about this. i used multiple sprites by multiple original mods. the sprites of reaverbalance and reaverwraith folder are ripped by defiance graphical stuff. )

https://www.sendspace.com/file/d2v4tm

If you want other sounds you can exctract by youtube, youn can download this video

and extract the audio trace with audacity, cut the dialogue you want and paste into a new audio track, and save it as MP3 .

I'll look into ripping the sounds from the games, I have defiance for PC which I think will work best since he's a playable character in that one and I want all the grunts and pain sounds.

I don't think I'll use your SAB file since it would ruin the balance in MP but I'll check out the effects.

Asgarath83 likes this

I'll look into ripping the sounds from the games, I have defiance for PC which I think will work best since he's a playable character in that one and I want all the grunts and pain sounds.

I don't think I'll use your SAB file since it would ruin the balance in MP but I'll check out the effects.

Yes the absurd damage of the soul reaver is thinked for SP. (it's however a blade that rip a part and crush the flesh and devour the souls )

but you can simply edit the value or remove the damagescale field ;)

there is also a shockwave version of soul reaver, but for the multiplayer of JKA is too powerful, so i not allegated. my mod is for Single Player.

i did any kind of elemental attack with charging of reavers powers using as base the force repulse code of JAE

Yes the absurd damage of the soul reaver is thinked for SP. (it's however a blade that rip a part and crush the flesh and devour the souls )

but you can simply edit the value or remove the damagescale field ;)

there is also a shockwave version of soul reaver, but for the multiplayer of JKA is too powerful, so i not allegated. my mod is for Single Player.

i did any kind of elemental attack with charging of reavers powers using as base the force repulse code of JAE

PS: if you need something contact me with MP or quoting posts. i check every day if i have notifications. :)

BUMP !

Hey guys , I'm now texturing kain for mini

and here are some first pics

9EvgDNd.jpgAx0JvrQ.png

oV1Qk2v.png

please be aware that I never played any of the LOK games , and so some detials might be off

incase anybody feels like supplieing me with high res screenshots from LOK Defiance : thanks in advance !

I first thought it was a cross between Lo Wang and some Fallen character :D

Yeah, I got 2 LOD's, trying to crunch it down any further just makes everything look all wacky, besides having 2 LOD's plus the main mesh should be good enough.

It doesnt matter, it should look all wacky because the lower LODs should never be seen up-close anyway, just look at Kyle's details at the lowest and tell me he doesnt look wacky? ;)

I mean I could try to crunch 1 more LOD out of it, I've been on this crazy optimizing binge lately, even going back to really old models and touching them up.

My old Star Viper has like less than 1/2 the polies than it originally did, I should probably update that file.

I need to look into getting some sounds from the Defiance game, just work has been ruling my life lately and I haven't had much time.

Asgarath83 likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I looked into that program mentioned and managed to look into the game files for Defiance but the naming makes it seem like it's going to take some time to figure out what files I need since they aren't conveniently named anything like "kain_hurt.wav".