Kain - Legacy of Kain series

OK, got a decent "rough draft" going, no LOD's yet but base model is in game with the minimum things needed.

Might want a couple of people to go over the model with a fine tooth comb at some point but only people who can offer some valid technical feedback, mostly on weights and any odd bugs, person should be testing with a clean base folder.

Psyk0Sith likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome, you really didn't have to though, you've already done so much. :)

I can send you a rough pk3 once I at least get the first LOD worked out, transferring the weight maps to the lower rez model of course tries to smooth out the weight map as much as possible and I got more than 8 bones influencing a single vert so I gotta go through with a fine tooth comb and fix that. Or in the morning I could just send one that has no LOD's if you want.

it's very good and the textures are really of nice quality. At moment i am ending with soul reaver 2 md3 modfels ofr elemental forges tempple, some models need to be ripped derectly by the game (yes i know the mod WILL NOT BE HOSTED on this site. XD )
and after i get the efx and the codes.
by i can tell you two issues:
1: lips are not so big, are more thin. simply of the same color of the skin and crappy and roughs, are lips on a old granitic vampire, not of a trans LOL. Kain is a millenarium vampire. he hjas something like 2000 years of undead life. :D 
2: the body is too thin. it's possibile to scale for making more.... strong and granitic? In Defiance Kain have a great body.

372015-kain_cinematic.jpg

Edit: i see now the other post. i see yu have fixed the lips nice work! Terrific with big lips ROFTL ahahahahaha, XD. i not think kain have some particular sexual inclination for use lipstick. :D

however yes, now is much good. It's possible to make the body little more.... mmm... muscular? It's granitc as body.

for the rest is wonderful. the Reaver is fantastic!! It's MORE better of the blade that i am using for the mod! :D

A reference pi

I don't think I'd be able to make the body any more muscular, it already doesn't deform too awesomely the way it is, I'm forced to keep it to the proportions of the JA skeleton but I could try to edit it some. At this stage though I'm kinda already in too far to make edits like that.

I kinda had to decide, do I want it to look good standing still and moving or only standing still since with muscular characters they look bad when moving because there will be so much clipping.

Awesome, you really didn't have to though, you've already done so much. :)

I can send you a rough pk3 once I at least get the first LOD worked out, transferring the weight maps to the lower rez model of course tries to smooth out the weight map as much as possible and I got more than 8 bones influencing a single vert so I gotta go through with a fine tooth comb and fix that. Or in the morning I could just send one that has no LOD's if you want.

No LOD's is fine, i've rigged heavier stuff and my machine didn't complain ;)

Also, you should look for an option to restrict the "bones-per-vertex influence", in max it's set to 20 by default, which is ridiculous for games. You could buff him up with some kind of push modifier, used correctly it could work but with a segmented model it's more of a pain.

Yeah, it prompts you when you set an envelope but since I just duplicated the unsegmented model and used a poly reduction tool on it the weights got kinda normalized causing the more than 4 bone influence. For the rest of the LOD's I probably wont use the highrez weight map for that reason since painting a new one would be quick on a model with only 1000 or so verts for the next LOD and lower.

My weighing workflow is different than most, I weigh a version of the model that is 1 mesh then make a segmented duplicate to carry the weights over to so that I avoid tears at the seams in the mesh and it's faster to weight paint 1 mesh as well.

No LOD's is fine, i've rigged heavier stuff and my machine didn't complain ;)

Also, you should look for an option to restrict the "bones-per-vertex influence", in max it's set to 20 by default, which is ridiculous for games. You could buff him up with some kind of push modifier, used correctly it could work but with a segmented model it's more of a pain.

Thanks for suggest, i never look that's parameter >_> maybe my next non humanoid models animated with humanoid skeleton shoulb fine knowing that.

@@minilogoguy18 yes, i know what yu mean, the soul reaver 2 fire demon models that i have rigged with humaoid skeleton are little strange in some movements. >_> but a big demon not need to get acrobacy, only brutal atk and shoot fireballs so they are fines. for player model is more difficult, yes.

Kain muscolar like in defiance shoul be fantastic, but it's hard to rig correctly. i have rigged the original model of defiance at moment and was really a terrible, terrible work. O.o For texture is very good. for muscles... mmm, look, You can pass me the fine rigged model with max project and a muscolar version of that model, i can try to rig the muscolar maybe? i have rigged a large amount of monster not humanoid with JA humanoid skeeleton and moevement, are not perfect, but are acceptables. also because in combat player look more to stay alive that to see every frame of animation if it's correct. O.o however, i can make a try, my original Kain move itself very good :D i pass the last year at rig LOK models of BO2, SR2, and defiance, so i have a good experience of rigging. i wanna try, if possible, if yu can make the body little more massive like in the screenshot. maybe 2 version of kain, one no muscolar and one muscolar, and at the end for the mod i can choose the better.

:)

Psyk0 is taking care of the maps for the shader which is more than enough and I trust his judgment on what will look good, I don't like it when I see models that went way overboard with a high spec shine and env maps.

I'm keeping the proportions it has now since like already said will work the best with the JA animations.

I've tried to do muscular models before and they just look bad, lots of clipping and for them to deform smoothly you'd have to have a lot of vertex's to do it. The muscles also wont move very realistically.

If the model is used in SP he should be scaled up slightly in the NPC file since like Desann he is large.

I just got the shaders back from Psyk0, gonna maybe be a day before I look at it though since I had to stay at work late tonight and I'm hooked on Super Metroid atm.

My mod is modular and is for SP, yes. i wanna make the deleted chapter of The Dark Prophecy using JA engine for make the storie wehre Kain restore balance, return in soul reaver 1 age and fight the Elder god. Also, that's should be clarify the presence of Vorador in bo2, because vorador shoul be dead. So someone has resurrect the old Janos Audron 's right hand. :P

I think i can manage that in a dozen of levels \ maps. also, Kain found the four missing fragment of balance embleme for Make more poewerful the reaver. Kain can use six version of the reaver with charging powerr and shockwave attack when reaver have killed a certain amnount of enemies. i think a systemn with 2 SAB files for every elemental reaver: one for uncharged saber and one for charged saber with shock attack. a script run when enemies killed reached a certain value, maybe tens. and Kain for a dozen of second can use the sword at the max ot his power. also, for all enemies are enabled a Painscript that affected their behaviour when hit by the blade. for more realistic in that scrupt system, when the reaver is load the weapons are locked, so kain cannot switch weapon, but i think kain can fight Only with reavers and the Dark GIft (force powers modded) the shoots weapons of star wars are  replaced with elemental bolt shooted by hands of magical enemies. :D

the reavers power ares....

Soul reaver : very powerful, destroy the body and devouring the soul. allow Kain to see hidden enemies and trap with the power of Spirit Forges. (Defiance sacrifice of Raziel ) it' useful against hylden and demons.

Blood reaver: drain the blood of the enemies for regen Kain health. Useful against humans enemies.

Conflict reaver: fire atk. the enemies hitted by the charged sword fights each other (like force telepathy level 3)

Dimensional reaver: space distorsion efx. the enemies are huge knockbacked, fours NPC kain appear for some second for help kain into the fight LOOOL Are useful for massive fight with a large amount of eenmies

Energy Reaver: the sword emit lightning and electrical atk. it's useful against metal enemies, like sarafan wraith armor of Malek Bastion.

Time reaver: Kain speed movement and animation is increased. in the chargin Kain is VERY fast.

Missing powers by find to upgrade the sword:

Mind Reaver: all enemies around are stunned by shockwave attack for a few seconds.

Nature Reaver: spawn vegetables that lock enemies movement. inflict Life Damage. Make kain immune to water, so he can swim, also inflict high damage to undead and unnatural enemies, like vampires.

States Reaver: a blowing explosion of acid can create a path into a solid wall and huge hurt enemies. the sword cut the walls and the matter light a lightsaber. (nowallmarks saber command is not enabled here )

Death Reaver: the shockwave drain all life around the area. mortal enemies are immediatly killed or weaked for the strongesr warrior. the Death appear into the effect for reclaim the life of the victim. it's a blowind explosion of darkness that sucks all soul around into the blade. Undead and vampires enemied drained by the death reaver fight for Kain and become his minions. :D

(i have already maked with success the efx and the sab files for that's attacks!, :D )

After the TDP, i hope to make another project more similiar at an RPG game, with an Alliance of vampires and raziel's descents that watch the Pillars and the restored Balance, again criptical and with many menaces: the corrupted vampires, a new sarafan order, and the Hyldens, too.

so this is my project. however, i need to use a large amount of ripped material because it's impossible recreayte the entire world of nosgoth using only modding ability... for an only or few person need an entire life, so my mod cannot be hosted on JKhub when i release. But also i have all models of original games of LOK ripped and animateed for JA (except corrupted vampiores of soul reaver 1, graphic too old and dizzy, i remake the clans with a better graphics, the unique that i not like much ares my zephonims >_> ) well, for Kain and Raziel i prefear use JA modding models for not have trouble of Copyright.

mmmm i understand what you mean with the muscolar, also my Kain ripped by defiance it's not perfect in same movement.

however thanks for all.

Yes, defiance Kain not need scaled, but this model need a lot of scaling for be perfect :)

Nice works however. i really hope to see in future also a nice Raziel model. (for the reaver's there is not a problem, i am already maked all elemental reavers, with shockwave atk and normal dmg version too, :D)

now i am ending the md3 model for my mod. after, i end the EFX of sword and spells. later i pass to the code, i need to edit some efx and create a system of class damage for elemental magics vbolt. every AI class of JA will be used for a certain kind of creatuyre, so like DEMP2 is deadly for droid class, i can use the same system for allow that every elem,ental, weapon shoulbe deadly for a certain kind of enemy and unuseful for another enemy.

Example: a golem: earth bolt (flechette): no dmg. air bolt (rocket launcher): high dmg. Understood? :D

• 1 month later...

It's hard for a parent to admit that his bastard son is better looking, a better fighter and has a bigger dick than his marital son. Look what happened to Jon Snow...

Jon Snow is the child of Lianna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, not Eddard Stark and some tavern wench. Jon Snow literally has dragons blood.

However, that's pretty much the same thing that happened here, Ned (Autodesk) addopts someone elses son (XSI) as its own before they died. Now we just have to wait for Joffrey (Luxology) to cut off Ned's head :D 

• 2 months later...

Alright, bumping this up, about to just release this thing since the 3rd LOD is giving me problems and I don't feel like playing around with it anymore.

So, what's the legality of sounds? Can I use sound recordings from the old games or even voice session videos posted on youtube? Or is there maybe someone out there who thinks they can replicate Kain's voice to a T?

Just gotta make the .skin files for the team skins and add sounds, everything else is done.

* "legality of sounds"? what about every map(the music composed from johnn w), model, skin (the voices of the actors) and weapons (the official sound effects) from star wars stuff hosted here? Has the authors ask permission to use the copyrighted material to lucasfilm or disney? no, i dont think so.

You surely can add the original sounds from the Legacy Of Kain series if you had them without ask to square enix.