Kain - Legacy of Kain series

• 5 months later...

BUMP !

Hey guys , I'm now texturing kain for mini

and here are some first pics

9EvgDNd.jpgAx0JvrQ.png

oV1Qk2v.png

please be aware that I never played any of the LOK games , and so some detials might be off

incase anybody feels like supplieing me with high res screenshots from LOK Defiance : thanks in advance !

Smoo likes this

Well now I'm torn, in the old cutscenes he looks more taupe/bone colored but in the game Defiance Ashura got the olive color pretty much right.

Input from the community is needed, what looks better?

I also just realized the Legacy of Kain series is on steam for $25, if anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane to when the games had brilliantly thought out stores and dialogue better than a large production movie then I highly recommend it.

• 10 months later...

Kain in defiance was more.... strong and large in the body. But for other... is PERFECT! i am making a mod and total conversion about legacy of kain for making The Dark Prophecy cutted game of eidos, the missing end of defiance. and i need just a model of Kain. i have already the reaver but my kain model is ripped by 3drepaer by defiance rooted and textures. i cannot do all models of nosgoth mnonster and character by zero for JA, but almost for kain and raziel i prefear to use JA models.

@@AshuraDX , Can i use your model? Where can i download? Need just a body little more.... ehm, strong. XD too much thin, the true Kain is very scarry and with a body more massive.

I could beef him up some but it may require UV edits which will set Ashura back some on the texture front.

I didn't make him so buff since buff models don't work so well with the JA animations, you get a lot of clipping so I opted to make him a little lean.

If Ashura finishes the textures Kain will go in game and you can use him in your mod but the model will be released alone, the Reaver I made will be included in the PK3.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm insanely happy with how well these turned out and how quickly he did it.

I'm even liking the coloring of the skin since depending on what reference you use he can either be this taupe/bone color or he looks sort of olive but I always prefered the taupe/bone color as he's shown in the SR1 opening cinematic.

I'm just blown away.

Only things I can really see after looking at it very closely, could you maybe adjust the lips so that they aren't totally black? Maybe make them a little more like how some of the lines on his body are, you can see an example from the pic in this post. The other thing which is small as well, take out the shading that makes it look like he has nails at the ends of his claws.

Cant wait to see how the swords textures come out!

Good call on the lips, that's how it looked on some of my refs but definately needs some work, maybe dark purple or dark brown / green / yellow. I'll rip his nails out too.

@@minilogoguy18: I think i'm done with the soul reaver, i tried to match what i found online, i also modified your model for the part of the hilt that connects to the skull.

soul_reaver.jpg

• 2 weeks later...