Star Wars: Rogue One

PS: It's not Jan, she is asian

Janandboc.jpg

Jan is not asian, the actor is. If we get to see a new Jan, even briefly, it's not written anywhere she must be asian. Kinda like what's happening to Lara Croft, it's not written anywhere that she has to be in her 30's with D cups and a soft skin. These characters involved in the RogueOne story remind us of Kyle and Jan, even if they aren't exactly them, I'm still satisfied they atleast look the part. Even the Jan model in Jedi Knight doesn't look like asian, and those cutscenes have only nostalgic value. Everybody knows they just grabbed a handful of C class, no..  F class actors to act a few scenes with poor CGi even measured on that time period.

Jan is not asian, the actor is. If we get to see a new Jan, even briefly, it's not written anywhere she must be asian. Kinda like what's happening to Lara Croft, it's not written anywhere that she has to be in her 30's with D cups and a soft skin. These characters involved in the RogueOne story remind us of Kyle and Jan, even if they aren't exactly them, I'm still satisfied they atleast look the part. Even the Jan model in Jedi Knight doesn't look like asian, and those cutscenes have only nostalgic value. Everybody knows they just grabbed a handful of C class, no..  F class actors to act a few scenes with poor CGi even measured on that time period.

Also it's not written anywhere she is white. As Dark Forces is official game where Jan's actress is asian, we should talk she is asian.

Your comment makes no sense, if we should say, think of Jan as asian only based on the fact that DF is an official star wars game, then shouldn't you have nothing to complain about, as Rogue One is going to be an official movie, that presents her as caucasian? And I thought that Dark Forces is not canon anymore.

Yes, but the character in TCW looks differently, at least regarding his eyes. It is also curious, that in the trailer we see the character look differently.

It was also said, that Mon Mothma is playing a larger role in the story, so I wonder what do they mean by that. Is it that she would have more than just a few lines during a briefing?

• 2 weeks later...

Some sources have leaked the names – of the planet and the ships.

Jedibibliothek shared some new images from a Rogue One: A Star Wars Story book, today. BookManager.com has posted preview images of the book. The coolest part is we get a name for one of the worlds of Rogue One, Scarif. According to the preview pages, the Death Star is being constructed on the “secluded world, the planet Scarif.

Source

With the new atlases and encyclopedias to be released (and which will include data on TFA and Rogue One), we can officially say, that a lot of things are coming back to SW Canon. I saw the excerpts from the new book, and I saw several pages copied one by one from the illustrated guide for Episodes I-VI. The Cantina on Tatooine seems to belong to Chalmun, the wookie, as it was stated before, and we can even assume, that Ackmena (night shift female bartender) from SW Holiday Special would be still present there (like on the picture in the same book before).

Some sources have leaked the names – of the planet and the ships.

Jedibibliothek shared some new images from a Rogue One: A Star Wars Story book, today. BookManager.com has posted preview images of the book. The coolest part is we get a name for one of the worlds of Rogue One, Scarif. According to the preview pages, the Death Star is being constructed on the “secluded world, the planet Scarif.

Source

With the new atlases and encyclopedias to be released (and which will include data on TFA and Rogue One), we can officially say, that a lot of things are coming back to SW Canon. I saw the excerpts from the new book, and I saw several pages copied one by one from the illustrated guide for Episodes I-VI. The Cantina on Tatooine seems to belong to Chalmun, the wookie, as it was stated before, and we can even assume, that Ackmena (night shift female bartender) from SW Holiday Special would be still present there (like on the picture in the same book before).

Which new book are you talking about? If you are talking about the Complete Visual Dictionary when you say "illustrated guide for Episodes I-VI" that's Legends

@@GLTh3Pr0

But the new one? I thought it won't include the lable "Legends", because it was planned to include locations such as D'Qar from Episode VII. Though you might be right, and all of that is still Legends. Thought truthfull legends, if you ask me. :P

Ohhhh wait you mean this one? http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/06/star-wars-complete-locations.jpg

Everything included should be canon, but keep that it might be "updated and expanded", so some stuff might be different from the original versione (like in the Character Encyclopedia I think).

Yes. That's the one.

However I looked (though briefly) at the already depicted locations and it seemed to include all the previously established moments, but we might assume, that it's easier for them to change texts, rather than remove the above mentioned Ackmena from the book. They can simply rename her into someone else and point, that it is someone else...

GLTh3Pr0 likes this

I managed to watch a few shots from the reel, but there was also a fan-made trailer, which by many was mistaken for the real official trailer. For some days I thought it was just the real deal. However I was wrong, and today I found an unofficial trailer 2, which was captured by one of the fans. Not sure, it will stay there for long, and the quality is quite bad, but the new trailer (not the reel), clears some things for me, though a lot is missing visually in the video.

You can watch the video here https://vk.com/video-31434822_456239107

My thoughts on this.

Seems, the film might include cinematic elements, not typical for Star Wars, like flashbacks – the first scene indicates, that some memories of Jyn Orso on her youth might be shown. I think this is when the Empire comes to her planet and captures her father, Galen Erso (his photo was released recently, see below). He might have escaped the Galaxy to be with his family, but is separated from them to work on a secret project. Lyra Orso os another character from the family, spotted through some sources. She might be mother or sister of Jyn Orso and perhaps was killed during these events.

image-58.jpeg

There was an earlier shot of a black trooper holding a toy in his hand – it's a metaphore, that the Galaxy might treat the Empire differently, but the new Order isn't merciful to anyone – including the children, who might admire the troopers in white.

The breath in the very end is the most interesting thing, but isn't a surprise for me - Darth Vader is indeed there, in the story...

There is a Full Synopsis here, if you like. But be careful! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I can't agree more. I've been looking into the plot, and some things are obviously far more interesting.

The recently revealed planet of Jedha is an old world with temples and cities, originally visited by pilgrims (believers of the Force), as well as Jedi. However after the Clone Wars the planet was occupied by the Empire, and for some reasons not destroyed, because the Empire also needs it for unknown purposes. It was said, that the city on Jedha is like a sacred place in real life – like Jerusalem for instance, where many battles were fought. In this sense this planet is far more inetresting than what we see in Episode VII...

I also thought, what if Lor San Tekka is actually among those, who take pilgrimage to Jedha...

I like quite a lot of things in this trailer, and to tell the truth – it looks closer to original trilogy, as well as Dark Forces I and II. Because we see many elements from there, like a reddish planet (like Ruusan in the game), etc.

I can't agree more. I've been looking into the plot, and some things are obviously far more interesting.

The recently revealed planet of Jedha is an old world with temples and cities, originally visited by pilgrims (believers of the Force), as well as Jedi. However after the Clone Wars the planet was occupied by the Empire, and for some reasons not destroyed, because the Empire also needs it for unknown purposes. It was said, that the city on Jedha is like a sacred place in real life – like Jerusalem for instance, where many battles were fought. In this sense this planet is far more inetresting than what we see in Episode VII...

I also thought, what if Lor San Tekka is actually among those, who take pilgrimage to Jedha...

I like quite a lot of things in this trailer, and to tell the truth – it looks closer to original trilogy, as well as Dark Forces I and II. Because we see many elements from there, like a reddish planet (like Ruusan in the game), etc.

Jedha is described as a "small desert moon frosted with a permanent winter" which would explain why Captain Andor is wearing the Hoth like gear. Jedha also has kyber crystals, which the Empire would need for the Death Star.

It'd be cool to see Lor San Tekka here!

The music of the trailer is amazing, listening to it gets me everytime ... it's so cool to reinvent the music to make it fit completely in a different way ....  I mean, the way they blended the imperial march into the force theme ... freaking brilliant

The only part I struggle a bit with is that this is they use "The Force" theme in the trailer, while i thought it was more of a rebel vs imperial thing, excluding the force users element. But thats a discussion on its own .. the Force of course could play a part in this. So it's a gray area.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Lazarus

I guess the usage of the Force theme is in order, because as Yoda says it in Episode V – it is everywhere and binds everything. This very aspect is interesting to keep in mind, when you see a briefing room in Episode VI with Mon Mothma or the government council with Amidala with hologram from Palpatine in Episode I. It's still in there.

The more important thing here is that various characters like Ackbar and others always say "May the Force be with you". Even Han Solo, who wasn't much of a believer at the time. So the Force is there even without any Force users per se.

A spoiler on the matter...

While there aren't any Jedi in Rogue One, the story brings the characters to the planet, which was related to the Jedi – Jedha. It's a desert world with a large sacred city with a status that of Jerusalem in real life. The new character with s staff isn't a Jedi, but is a believer in the Force (perhaps a similar character to Lor San Tekka in Episode VII), but he might have some minor powers.

Śăļvõö and KyleKatarn1995 like this