T3-M4 Droid

My guess is that he hasn't had any internet set up in his new house yet. I'll email him and see if he replies.

chalk likes to disappear for a few months from time to time but usually he returns some time later , he has been gone for allmost a year not too long ago and then he showed up here just from out of nowhere

chalk likes to disappear for a few months from time to time but usually he returns some time later , he has been gone for allmost a year not too long ago and then he showed up here just from out of nowhere

I guess I was lucky to catch him during one of his active periods. That's an insight.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Chalk, I might come late to ask this, but couldn't you add a tag on his gun with the same name as the imperial probe droids weapon tag(bolt)? You could configure a nice NPC file if you do I think :o

That would certainly be a nice touch... and it's nice to see someone paying attention to this thread. Would that weapon tag work both for vehicle mode and for an npc?

I've never done such a thing, but it might.

The probe's tag bolt is called *weapon, (tag_weapon).
The X-wing for example however has them called *muzzle1-6 (tag_muzzle1-6)
So I think it's class dependent. But whatever it is, I don't think it will be such a problem because you can just add both of them in the same place.
The game will use the one he needs, and ignore the one he doesn't that way :P
I.e. use the tag_weapon for the NPC, and the tag_muzzle for the vehicle! :D

I've never done such a thing, but it might.

The probe's tag bolt is called *weapon, (tag_weapon).

The X-wing for example however has them called *muzzle1-6 (tag_muzzle1-6)

So I think it's class dependent. But whatever it is, I don't think it will be such a problem because you can just add both of them in the same place.

The game will use the one he needs, and ignore the one he doesn't that way :P

I.e. use the tag_weapon for the NPC, and the tag_muzzle for the vehicle! :D

That's really insightful, thank you for the information! Now to see if this mod can ever reach the light of day and bring joy to the masses! The video of the skinless version is really mesmerizing.

• 9 months later...

Is this mod dead?....  I noticed the last few messages are dated at nearly a year ago.  That's such a shame, that model looked like it had so much potential.

I feel like a black widow... I convinced three different, highly skilled modders to take on this project and each time the modder wound up leaving the community and JK3 as a whole... Chalk got way closer than anyone though with that skinless one rolling around in game... It was everything I dreamed of and more though.

@

Unfortunately modelling and animation are what I'm worst at in modding, otherwise I would offer to help.  There are however, still some very skilled modellers that remain active in the JK3 community to this day, such as mrwonko, or minilogoguy18, who may or may not be able to finish the project.  I could even make the texture for the model if needed.

@

Unfortunately modelling and animation are what I'm worst at in modding, otherwise I would offer to help.  There are however, still some very skilled modellers that remain active in the JK3 community to this day, such as mrwonko, or minilogoguy18, who may or may not be able to finish the project.  I could even make the texture for the model if needed.

While Chalk was perhaps not fully satisfied with animations, what he got in game seemed almost completely done other than the skin texture, but it may not be possible to pick up from where he left off. Still, it is very nice to know interest exists out in the world.

@

Eh... I'm terrible at modelling and barely do any animation. I just have some technical knowledge of how JKA models work. But this is not a project I'd be interested in helping out with, I have too many plans already.

I'll see how motivated to model another droid I am after finishing BB-8, maybe you'll get lucky and this time i'll finish the model for ya

LOL getting BB-8 in game is just as much of a miracle, either droid would be amazing but if both were ever completed they would be the cornerstones to eras of droid in the Star Wars universe... So whatever happens, I am thankful for all your help @@AshuraDX

Not a miracle, T3 would be pretty simple, if Ashura makes the model/texture I'll make sure that it works in game and has animations if for whatever reason he can't.

You already have a solid base to work off of, the R2 model, pretty much imitating how that droid works in game is pretty simple.

• 2 years later...