T3-M4 Droid

Hello one and all. This JKhub is truly an amazing place. It is good to see that the JK3 community is still alive and well after so much time, and especially after the release of the SP and MP source code.

I've spent the last several years working with the JK3 engine making a machinima series and there have been an amazing bounty of mods to enrich that experience with, though there have been two assets that I have long desired to see added to the game.

The first is T3-M4 from Kotor.

T3-m443.jpg

We have a wide variety of droid vehicles in our series, turning the droid NPC's into little rolling vehicles, but so far they have all been recolors of existing models.

Inyri Forge was king enough to work part way along the project a few years ago, building the model but I don't recall if it ever got to texturing and I know that there were going to be some issues with animations, that's where the project came to a stop anyhow.

I'm happy to do whatever I can resource wise to help make this a reality, but my attempts at modeling have been bitter failures.

Anyhow, I thank you all for your attention and any possible interest.

Bek and Onysfx like this

I was worknig at a t3 unit AGES ago

I dont know If I still have the old .max scene incase I can find it i'll get it rigged , animated and converted to be usable ingame

but you'll have to find someone to texture the model for you as I really dont have

a. the time to

b. the motivation is missing aswell

Edit :

I'm sorry , apearently I deleted the file the last time I cleaned up my 3ds max scenes =/

Already tried, old computer wouldn't run it properly. I doubt my new one would either, it has the same lack of support for openGL and what not.

EDIT: I may try later perhaps. Is there some sort of demo I could download somewhere?

Already tried, old computer wouldn't run it properly. I doubt my new one would either, it has the same lack of support for openGL and what not.

EDIT: I may try later perhaps. Is there some sort of demo I could download somewhere?

If it can play JA, it should be able to play KOTOR. Make sure to get the patch and stuff. I played on a really old computer for years, and had to lower some of the graphics settings, but it played well.
NumberWan likes this

I was worknig at a t3 unit AGES ago

I dont know If I still have the old .max scene incase I can find it i'll get it rigged , animated and converted to be usable ingame

but you'll have to find someone to texture the model for you as I really dont have

a. the time to

b. the motivation is missing aswell

Edit :

I'm sorry , apearently I deleted the file the last time I cleaned up my 3ds max scenes =/

Yeah, the texturing was always the problem. I recruited two people before, Inyri was one. For all I know you were the other, lol, but we always got stuck at the texture/animation stage. Still, I appreciate the effort. Thank you.

heres a few minutes of work. I enjoyed reading the request.

Still some geometry to do, and I will need to know how he is animated

Give me some time as I will be doing this on my down time

My goodness! You are a creative genius! That was just a few minutes?

I am looking for video of his loping sort of roll, though honestly I'd be fine with a static model myself. On the search for the animations video, here is a 360 view.

Alright, so when he's in motion he sort of leans down to be more streamlined and when he stops he sits upright. That can sort of be viewed in this video on youtube, but just a textured T3 would be miraculous.

That video helped a lot with the smaller details

i72g.jpg

EDIT:

notice the screwed up smoothing angle on that one tri on the top... notice how the top laser thing doesnt look like it will fit in it's hole XD i mean check out that impeccable offset on the front and rear axles lmao... i'll be back

couldn't we rig him backwards to the r2d2 skele to keep mp compatibility? 

That video helped a lot with the smaller details

EDIT:

notice the screwed up smoothing angle on that one tri on the top... notice how the top laser thing doesnt look like it will fit in it's hole XD i mean check out that impeccable offset on the front and rear axles lmao... i'll be back

couldn't we rig him backwards to the r2d2 skele to keep mp compatibility?

Looks good!

We could. If you do, don't bother modeling the blaster on his head. Just keep it flat.