T3-M4 Droid

Wow, that actually is pretty darn impressive. That's more modding ability than I've ever been able to muster.

Thanks friend ^^

look, for do a mod about Legacy of Kain, about ANOTHER GAME, with game of JA, i need to a LAAAAARGE AMOUNT of escamotage LOL.

but i see that JA has the gameplay like Lok defiance (but with camera like blood omen 2 ) so, because Eidos not end the LOK, i have thinked "Why not using ja for do that? why not create a lok mod?" Yeah. in that's years, i have done...

- 12 maps

- an hundred of NPC with playermodel of bo2, defiance and soul reaver 2

- map object of defiance, soul reaver 2 and soul reaver 1 (still working)

- weapons of SW replaced in that's modality:

SABER: soul reaver, melee weapons, sword, medieval weapons, shield, glyphs (a dual sword with knockback and elemental shockwave effect, pity i cannot set the dmg by class for be some glyph deadly for vampire and unuseful for human)

BLASTER_PISTOL: dark ball shot: blind the enemies, low dmg.

BLASTER: fireball shot

DISRUPTOR: a bowcaster that shot a sunlight glyphic laser for vaporizzate the vampire with powerr of Light.

BOWCASTER: Light elemental bolt. deadly for vampire, can ricochet on the walls with the alt fire.

DEMP2: energy bolt: a spell that making globular little lightning shotted by an hand of a vampire (blood omen)

FLECHETTE: earth bolt. high dmg and high knockback. alt fire: 2 magic stone that explode with a little quake.

REPEATER: ice bolt, frost the enemies. alt fire: a BIG explosive bolt of ice \ water that freeze a little area, also with a ice shadering on the groung or walls.

ROCKET LAUNCHER: air bolt: explosive white magic ball of fog that can break walls and follow and seek the enemies XDDD (soul reaver 2: the air forge projectiles. in the first mod cvan be hacked for do a spell called flay that kill an enemy seek him and making dismemnernnt on dead but this requiere a little coding of sp)

CONCUSSION: primaryt shot immolation: the enemy die for self combustion.

second fire: spirith death: a deadly ray that crash the soul separating by body.

THERMAL: glyphic fire granade (coding: enemy get burn and lose health over time, like poison of interrogator)

TRIPMINE: glyphic sonic mine, stun the enemy with a sonic detonation. coding: enemy get stunne with BOTH_SONICPAIN animation like the HOWLER attack.

DETPACK: glyphic stone bone: explode with a big quake coding: enemy \playercannot move for a few second or jump.

NOGHRI_STICK: poison shot.

WP_JAVA: after i finish with model, i make like sonic shot.

i am a very good modder, but i am a disaster as coder because i not know much of C++ and JA codfe is very complicated, .

i need to encode someone about weapons and force power, but i not know how i can do... and i need that for SP .

i have open 2 topic on the mod suggest section: one about my mod, the other about an idea: the idea is that the more good programmers of this community can realise a SP\MP mod for add 32 force power..., all force power of Kotor \ Kotor 2 Game on JA for singkle player and multiplayer O.o. if someone do that, well, all JA players can enjoy a mod cool like JA++ that allow to do ALL with the force. O.o

also, have can have a big help for my mod because with that's code and the source hacked i can pratically modding the force power fore replace with vampires skills. and i have already done that with the power of JA, i also replace some animation. example: for grip, enemy get moved on air like in legacy of kain defiance: they NOT take hands on the throat, but... lol floating Ahahahaha is very fun to see. XD

• 2 weeks later...

I have a somewhat impertinent question.

Given that T3 is from an RPG, he's always ready for battle, but would the animation be as difficult if he had a closed head panel and his arm was not extendable? A sleeker model? Certainly less interactive, but perhaps more manageable?

Then again, for a beta version it'd be nice just to see a static model rolling around, lol.

ChalklYne likes this
  • 1 month later...

@

skinning is a long process man for me at least.

ill try to put a list into just how i skin something...

lets say im skinning kyle for arguments sake...

1. i would export each peice of him (ie arms, head etc) into seperate obj files

2. i would import each one individually into zbrush and subdivide the mesh into a million polies or so.

3. i would start repainting, and forming the mesh to better auit the texture ie fabric folds, belts, etc i will actually model in high def

4. i would export the new high res mesh and the new texture maps back into softimage

5. i would rendermap an ambient occlusion and shadow map for the high res mesh

6. i would use some layer editing in photoshop to get a good desired effect making sure all shadows are being used in a decent way

7. i would apply the new texture map with shadows and ambient occlusion back onto the low res mesh and see how it looks. if i dont like it maybe go back to step 3 and start over until i get the desired effect, or go back and re-try the layering in photshop if thats what the problem is. skinning was never one of my strong suits in photoshop because of the problems with symmetry. zbrush helps a lot with that, as well as the lazy mouse tool helps me make straight fine lines in weird angles which i like a lot.

here is something i skinned in photoshop back in the day lol an attempt to make a female starkiller'esque sith out of jan

lfgf.jpg

needless to say photoshop has never really been one of my strongest suites, nor skinning to be honest

i actually think i do, but since it was made during like my first week of modding eons ago, i will just make a new one. i was going for like a kitana/starkiller. i will make a new one in zbrush since i actually enjoyed that as well. expect me to include it in unleashed 1.5 somehow. 

and thank you for the positive feedback

My god...

I know everyone's good at something... and while I appreciate what I'm good at in life, I can't even begin to imagine the degree to which all the modders on this site have perfected such meticulous and detailed exploits. How you can even keep track of your goal from step to step is amazing. Anyhow, thank you for all your hard work on this mod and all the others you've worked on.

• 1 month later...

Sorry dude got carried away with muh mod. I worked on this guy the other day, just need to unwrap him next from what I see

Oh no need to be sorry, you've been working hard for the JA community at large. There isn't anything more that I could ask than that. It's amazing that you're keeping this creativity alive, but I'm super extra excited that progress is still being made on T3 as well. I feel a bit encouraged with that unwrapping progress. I made the request twice before, once from Inyri several years ago. T3 always seemed to get to the same spot and then get stuck, but you're pushing past the cursed point. Yay!

Bek likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... I will Unwrap this asap then. That is the main thing holding it from release is i just forget about shit. I will unwrap this asap and kick around ideas as to which skele to use. Also, I dont have ther2d2 skele if anyone could provide it, would be awesome.

I could just make my own skele and anims for it and export it via fbx converter, but, I think people want MP support for this so I will need the r2 skele for that

Oh no.... I didn't mean for it to be such a terrible request. Unwrapping really does look hard! And full of drama...

No worries. I'm just being a big ol baby about it. it will be cleaned up nicely soon. 

9zmo.jpg

I still have some disproportionate UV tiling or whatever, but only because I unwrapped the parts seperately and am mashing them into 1 uv map. So it will be fixed by the end of it

Bek likes this

Wow! The progress is superb! You really are a genius.

Is UV unwrapping the hardest part of making a mod? It seems like it would take a special kind of thinking to work with it in so many different dimensions.

Also, is the droid skeleton likely to be a big problem? Of all the mods I've seen, I can't think of many people making custom skeletons. I think the throwable item NPC pack even used a static player model skeleton. Then again, the work on TFU Rax was amazing.

Woah this looks awesome, I always wanted to see T3-M4 in the game, but I have never seen any on filefont or the Hub so thamk you for woking on it. I plan to edit this mod so that T3 follows you. :winkthumb:

I'd love to see every iteration that comes out of this. My machinima uses driveable droids, but one that follows wouldn't need someone to operate it at the moment, hehe.

so far

https://sketchfab.com/show/94062cfbbc9d470e8892b94b163b3362

Here it is with the blank uv wireframe applied

Wow, that is so cool! I love being able to see it from every angle like this.

Bek likes this

Any gripe from anyone about the uv map?

Just got the r2d2 skele

Also... @

how are your texturing skills? hint hint

Non-existant what so ever. The most I ever did was re-color skins using hue shifting tools in paintshop pro and adding an occasional logo... Making one from scratch is well beyond me. Even inverting the colors on the interrogator droids had unexpected problems as it made part of their eyes transparent so the game crashed when their innerspace leaked out, lol.