T3-M4 Droid

I don't think you'll be able to get his top blaster to function properly, honestly. It will probably look better with it back inside his head, like when he's not in combat mode. 

I think his streamlined inactive version looks amazing as well, so if this is the case I would only be concerned by the extra work required.

@@Circa

I just rigged it and checked it out and it was AWESOME 0_0

What I did was rig his top blaster to his middle leg, and just reanimated it. I can do it this way, export the anims with it, and it will be fine. Only problem I had was the front arm, I rigged to an r2d2 arm that was in the base r2 skele, but it isnt on the base gla?! so I had to actually remove the bones from the source xsi to be able to compile. But it worked. I just will have to reanimate him lifting it up and down, and whatever other anims I want him to have. It will be just fain. I just don't have a lot of experience with assimilate in the aspect of creating a animation.cfg upon compile, so worse case scenario, I can compile him like this, and go old school and slap him in Dragon for the extra anims. The arms will not function correctly on his sides though, theyre disproportionate and backwards to r2's, and will go into the ground unless I go through a bunch of bullshit, so instead, I will rig his body to the middle leg, his head to the cranium, his top laser thing to the middle foot, and his legs to his body bone. That way we can anim him to kinda rotate his body back and forth and keep his legs stationary while moving back and forth to give him something kinda cool to look at while he moves. No worries though I just compiled it and it was ok. I would show u a video, but that means busting open fraps, converting it for Youtube, uploading it, waiting for all that shit, it's cool i'll update it when I get it working correctly. 

tl;dr?

It's fine, just needs to be reanimated either by me upon compile, or later in Dragon to make sure it looks coo

I think his streamlined inactive version looks amazing as well, so if this is the case I would only be concerned by the extra work required.

If I were only making it for you, I would go ahead and do that. A few people have asked for this though, and I will make it work correctly. If you want the moving brick version it's ready now, but no textures. Want a wireframed M4 shaped brick? XD Probably not. Gotta wait then

@@Circa

I just rigged it and checked it out and it was AWESOME 0_0

What I did was rig his top blaster to his middle leg, and just reanimated it. I can do it this way, export the anims with it, and it will be fine. Only problem I had was the front arm, I rigged to an r2d2 arm that was in the base r2 skele, but it isnt on the base gla?! so I had to actually remove the bones from the source xsi to be able to compile. But it worked. I just will have to reanimate him lifting it up and down, and whatever other anims I want him to have. It will be just fain. I just don't have a lot of experience with assimilate in the aspect of creating a animation.cfg upon compile, so worse case scenario, I can compile him like this, and go old school and slap him in Dragon for the extra anims. The arms will not function correctly on his sides though, theyre disproportionate and backwards to r2's, and will go into the ground unless I go through a bunch of bullshit, so instead, I will rig his body to the middle leg, his head to the cranium, his top laser thing to the middle foot, and his legs to his body bone. That way we can anim him to kinda rotate his body back and forth and keep his legs stationary while moving back and forth to give him something kinda cool to look at while he moves. No worries though I just compiled it and it was ok. I would show u a video, but that means busting open fraps, converting it for Youtube, uploading it, waiting for all that shit, it's cool i'll update it when I get it working correctly. 

tl;dr?

It's fine, just needs to be reanimated either by me upon compile, or later in Dragon to make sure it looks coo

If I were only making it for you, I would go ahead and do that. A few people have asked for this though, and I will make it work correctly. If you want the moving brick version it's ready now, but no textures. Want a wireframed M4 shaped brick? XD Probably not. Gotta wait then

LOL when you work on something you sure make huge progress! I am content to let you do your fine work and I'm excited that things are coming into place so very well. I hadn't thought about that with the loping/lunging roll though, that would be weird to have the legs go into the ground.

And yeah, lol, no need for a video when you're cruising in towards the finish line itself, haha.

No finish line yet dude.. have u seen that uv map?! lol

I am like, almost done rigging it, and so am prolly half way there now XD These textures are gunna SUCK

Video anyways because I am defiant

@@Circa.. see this is the base r2 skele. NO bone modifications besides new anims. This wont be the final anims ofc XD

Just an example that i will not have to modify the skele to get it to work correctly.

From what I recall, bone translation keys will work fine (i.e. saber throw) it's the scale key's it doesn't like. So moving that thing up and down is no worries

EDIT: Done rigging. I won't texture this until I am done rigging blackbeard though. Damnitt I wanna get back to Starkiller XD

Edited by ChalklYne

No finish line yet dude.. have u seen that uv map?! lol

I am like, almost done rigging it, and so am prolly half way there now XD These textures are gunna SUCK

Video anyways because I am defiant

@@Circa.. see this is the base r2 skele. NO bone modifications besides new anims. This wont be the final anims ofc XD

EDIT: Done rigging. I won't texture this until I am done rigging blackbeard though. Damnitt I wanna get back to Starkiller XD

Oh no, I've missed out on your blackbeard thread. I need to go find that and learn all about it.

It's so amazing to see T3 come to life!!! You are amazing...

ROFL I'll take it. False advertisement my blunder

Hahaha. I've been making Jedi Academy movies with my friends since 2005... Trust me, anyone still active in this community making mods is a HUGE hero in my books, and you're very active my friend.

Just refitting the pieces to the r2 skele to make reanimating easier

unmodified r2 skele with some new rotation and translation keys

I rigged the back legs and the front arm backwards so i couldnt show you how the front arm will move yet. Trial and error.

you will be able to decapitate him though

New UV

gl1y.jpg

https://sketchfab.com/show/ef376cf727a144a79c583ecdaa53dfc3

Bek likes this

Thanks for the advice. I always texture inZbrush which eliminates the seams for me, but will cause them for someone trying to reskin it. I will start healing some of the little islands then thanks again

On a side note... I wanted to change up the uv anyways.. this island was making me nervous

hk4p.jpg

0_0

not sure what i was going for there

Well... Ashura pointed out to me that you can't even play as r2d2 in MP 0_0

So using his skele was dumb

New skele

The way we got around the skeleton limitation for filming was by making the droids into vehicles. They were walker class. Their middle foot retracted when not in use and extended when occupied. The head seemed to rotate around and do its own thing. But yeah, that's what we had done so far.

Having it as its own player model would be interesting. Probably less explosive when destroyed.

Making sure all my anims will collide correctly with the floor. Now I'm going to spend the evening having fun on some anims. He should wind up pretty cool. Anyone interested in texturing this so I can finish Blackbeard before I move?

@@AshuraDX?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMi86BBfmc&feature=youtu.be

I'll work on the anims for a while and if nobody else feels like taking it I'll do it

Making sure all my anims will collide correctly with the floor. Now I'm going to spend the evening having fun on some anims. He should wind up pretty cool. Anyone interested in texturing this so I can finish Blackbeard before I move?

That video is astonishing... Absolutely fantastic. I am blown away. The way he sort of bumps over that ditch, lol. So exciting after so many years to see it come this far!

really glad to see this is getting closer to release! Ive also made r2 and other droids into vehicles so they can be used in mp.

@Zappa_0 I am pretty sure I've been using some of your droid vehicles for years. I owe you eternal thanks for how many options you opened up for my film group.