(Spoilery) Please don't read this request if you haven't seen The Last Jedi.

caution_spoilers.gif

Alright. So. The Last Jedi has Luke use a new force power, Astral Projection. I was thinking that this would be fairly simple to code together, if done right.

So how I was thinking this could go is:

(While playing as TFA/TLJ Luke)

-Select Projection force power

- Aim at an area with the recticle and activate the ability

- Game will spawn a clone of the players current playermodel in the area you aim (which would be Luke)

- Game will change the animation of the main playermodel to the meditation animation

- Game will give the "mind control" ability on the newly spawned clone, but it lasts forever, until you disable it or die

- The cloned playermodel will be invincible, and won't be able to take any damage/attacks

- If you disable it, the game will auto kill the cloned playermodel and return you back to your main playermodel and remove the meditation animation

Of course, it would all have to work as seamlessly as possible, but I am sure it can be done, I know there are very talented people here, and I have worked with many in the past.

Let me know your thoughts, and how it could possibly be implemented!

Smoo and kibasennin like this
Guest Redemption

Just an idea that I've noticed about npc spawn. Point to a location, which will then spawn your own model. Set mindtrick#4 on it. I guess that would be the way to go about it(would be where I started making the power like).

OK, so I tried to do it the regular way, that is, spawning npc player + meditate + mindtrick4, but my character immediately gets back up and after a while the mindtrick ends. If I mindtrick4 first and meditate after, then the spawned npc player sits down and meditates whilst under mindtrick.

How does one go about making this new force power anyway?

This force power was so dumb! I cant see it very usefull

Perhaps Force Projection is only a situational ability. I mean it worked in the context of the movie, but it's just that: A projection without ability to attack or take hits. I mean it would be cool to see it in JKA, but since the game is heavily reliant on combat, I don't see how this could work and be anything other than spawning a clone of yourself to fight with you.