Which ship should I place in the JH3 Main Hanger

JH3 Main Ship  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship do you want to see in the main hanger of JH3 with interior.

• Millenium Falcon
    • Lambda Shuttle
    • Revenant Class Infiltrator
    • Outrider
    • Ebon Hawk
    • Otana

So as many of you're aware I'm working on "Jedi Home III - Retirement Center Temple Edition, in the map is a nice large hanger I've been for a long time wanting to put a nice ship with a full interior in for a while. Problem is I can't decide which ship to place in it! So I'm leaving it to you!

Over the course of a week (which is seven days for you Martians unfamiliar with human time) I am conducting a poll, simply cast a vote and at the end of a week first place will get placed in the map, and second place will be placed in another map I am working on.

Thanks again guys, remember this map is for you!

AngelModder - May the Force be with you!

Oh! The Otana! I have a 3D model of it in 3DS format if that's helpful... Oh the choices though...

It would depend on if it's gangway is down, I want to build the interior as well. At the very least it would be useful for seeing the details and relative size.:D

Oh! The Otana! I have a 3D model of it in 3DS format if that's helpful... Oh the choices though...

I would be happy if all else fails to make this for you guys as another map if all else fails if it loses the poll, however I can't seem to find much about it's interior even the layout seems controversial.

Jeff likes this

Yeah... In my movies I just re-colored the interior of the Falcon for lack of an interior, but supposedly the Otana cockpit is a two seater with one in front of the other... which is a bit weird. In cutscenes it doesn't seem smaller than the falcon.

otanacockpit.png

Something that has an expansive interior. 

Well we do have to keep in mind SOME limits. the map thus far is just under 14000 brushes according to GTk 1.5's reading so that's not including patches. >.> Which theirs a lot of. Oddly enough the meta compile and vis compile both only take about 30-60 seconds. However we must always keep in mind that old 32k brush limit. Annoying p.o.s.!

So while I personally vote an imperial star destroyer... XD no can do in a map like this....

Definitely not the Lambda or the Aluminum Falcon - overused and overrated accordingly. Outrider's already been features a couple of times, like the Malachor Duel map for JO (though it's crashed into a cliff there). Otana and Revenant (what Revenant?) are good ideas. Also, why not Rogue One or the Ghost? :P

As to the Ebon Hawk, it's also been featured in at least two maps that I remember - one of the Dantooine Jedi Enclave versions, a very cheaply-made docked Ebon Hawk map (with entrable interior), some Tattooine map also, I think...

Well we do have to keep in mind SOME limits. the map thus far is just under 14000 brushes according to GTk 1.5's reading so that's not including patches. >.> Which theirs a lot of. Oddly enough the meta compile and vis compile both only take about 30-60 seconds. However we must always keep in mind that old 32k brush limit. Annoying p.o.s.!

So while I personally vote an imperial star destroyer... XD no can do in a map like this....

What about the Slave2 ? Or a Slave 1 with an actual interior, never seen one of those in game.

the_raven likes this

Alright so it's been a week and we have a tie! Otana and Outrider! I'm going to give them 24 more hours! Cast  your vote NOW Remember second place gets a map of it's own (sort of like SJC's Falcon) and will ofcourse be given open source to allow others to use it in there maps as they desire (credit given of course please).

Smoo, Langerd and Noodle like this

Make a new ship... in Radiant.. from scratch... convert to ASE.

Ase's should honestly be used sparringly. like most models in JKA you need to stay within the normal poly limit allowed by the engine or else it starts to really bog down your compile and may even make it unplayable for some players, causing crashes low fps etc. The trick if you wanted to properly convert a brushed ship to a model is not only a solid design (clean), but to use patches for about 90% of it removing the extra verticies in the process as you build it. Brushes are fine but only if you really know what you're doing and 45 every angle and can visualize it in a triangular poly sense.

I see most make ase's with thousands of poly's. the second trick is to split it up into multiple ase's JKA doesn't mind generating thousands of poly's so much as long as it's not one item. The difference is visible when a map using this method and  design in the R_speeds and FPS as well as the user's gameplay. Either way Large complex object ase's are honestly not worth the hassle and possible failure of the overall project that may ensue.

Ase's are quiet good for smaller objects (or objects with the model poly limit kept in mind) such as pillars and other misc objects. Keep in mind however that like any work, just because it's an ase and that your are compensaiting the Q3map2's surface meta compile with your own physics (clip) work having to many or too much of an ase designed structure (even in multiple pieces) can result in q3map2 giving you the middle finger as well as other potential problems mentioned thus far.

In other words. I would not make such a large object an ase in a max already this complex. No offense intended etc, just stating why it's not that simple.