Backhand version of Ashura's High Quality Starkiller hilt

I think the saber is in the "katanamaru Backhand Styles 1.1" mod.

What would be cool is a version with a clear crystal that reflects whatever blade color you assign it.

Edit: Actually, I just checked the version from "katanamaru Backhand Styles 1.1"'s mod and it has a clear crystal. It also looks like new, not used and weathered. Now I need to turn this one to be normal (fwd) handed but I have the same problem, it doesn't shows in blender. It doesn't gives any error, it just doesn't show.

:)

well, i'd like to know what version of blender works best, i'm using 2.64, and if thats a good version to use, i'd like to know what i'm doing wrong when attempting to import it as a glm

If you have problems importing a .glm, make sure the model and its folder is unpacked into Gamedata/Base. You may also want to pay attention if you're attempting to import it with a specific model_default.skin, in case of sabers you shouldn't try to import the unexisting .skin file.

I am using Blender 2.64. I am just learning to use it and made a couple of "Frankenstein" models. I checked and with the exception of "Starkiller's Lightsaber AshuraDX (1.0)",  none of the sabers have ".skin" files, just the .glm, the ".sab" file and texture files (jpgs,/tgas).

I extracted the "GalenMarek" saber from the "katanamaru Backhand Styles 1.1"'s mod and I'm trying to rotate it to use it normally (not back-handed). I like this version because it has a transparent crystal that changes colors with the blade instead of having to use a different ".skin" file for each color of the blade.

Once I am able to open it, I need to find out how to rotate it.

:(

I am using Blender 2.64. I am just learning to use it and made a couple of "Frankenstein" models. I checked and with the exception of "Starkiller's Lightsaber AshuraDX (1.0)",  none of the sabers have ".skin" files, just the .glm, the ".sab" file and texture files (jpgs,/tgas).

I extracted the "GalenMarek" saber from the "katanamaru Backhand Styles 1.1"'s mod and I'm trying to rotate it to use it normally (not back-handed). I like this version because it has a transparent crystal that changes colors with the blade instead of having to use a different ".skin" file for each color of the blade.

Once I am able to open it, I need to find out how to rotate it.

:(

What I meant is that when importing a .glm file you have various options on the left side of the screen, asking for a specific .skin file, a skeleton, animations, etc. If you try to import a model that doesn't have a model_default.skin, but you don't delete the field that asks you which skin to use, it will return an error when it realizes it can't find model_default.skin. In short, check out all the fields and make sure everything's alright and unpacked correctly after Gamedata/Base/Models/.

Moreover, rotating the saber won't be a problem: select all, then R -> X (or Y) -> 180 -> Enter.

The Punisher likes this

i don't see options concerning a skin or anim file on the left side of the screen, because i'd really like to know where they are, especially when i try to export it, but it says no skeleton root found

When exporting I only see the options for Base Path and .gla name. Import shows a lot more options, namely Skin, Base Path, .gla override, scale, skeleton changes, animations, start frame, number of frames.

To export a lightsaber model, which uses no skeleton at all, you can just delete the .gla name. Just as importing a lightsaber you can delete the "default" value in the skin field.

@, how did you flip the base sabers to be backhanded?

I knew I was going to be mentioned at some point. :P

Honestly though, I would have replied to this sooner but shamefully it's been SO LONG since anybody requested me to flip a saber model that.. I actually forgot how to do it. LOL. Well not all of it, I just need a reminder on how to select the ENTIRE model in blender so that it is entirely outlined in that orange color. Then I just need to know again how I de-select the model after I've rotated it.

I actually learned this from @@mrwonko but for some stupid reason I must have deleted his PM because I can't actually find it in my Message Center anymore.

But yeah, if anyone can remind me of those two things, and also provide me a link to the model that needs to be rotated, then I'll get right on it. :)

swegmaster likes this

to deselect after rotating, just left mouse click or press enter

Okay, I can try that but I'll need a download link of the exact model you want rotated. Then i'll have to try and figure out how to select the whole model.

What I meant is that when importing a .glm file you have various options on the left side of the screen, asking for a specific .skin file, a skeleton, animations, etc. If you try to import a model that doesn't have a model_default.skin, but you don't delete the field that asks you which skin to use, it will return an error when it realizes it can't find model_default.skin. In short, check out all the fields and make sure everything's alright and unpacked correctly after Gamedata/Base/Models/.

Moreover, rotating the saber won't be a problem: select all, then R -> X (or Y) -> 180 -> Enter.

Thanks!! That worked...Almost....I opened and rotated the saber, then exported it but when I go to the game, it is not rotated, it still shows the hilt back-handed. 

I am using the saber from https://jkhub.org/files/file/1641-katanamaru-backhand-styles/