Single Player with Mulitplayer combat and movement

i don't understand, why not make a code edit that makes it so that jumping on enemies doesn't knock them down, but instead will give damage based on how much force the player gives when they land on them, then some actual skill would be required

That is not true, because the SP and MP in JA are too similar for one to be horrible and the other not. I prefer SP movement and combat by the reason that I prefer to explore and fight through a story and not pointless fighting.

SP feels completely different to MP. When you played long enough it seems like day and night.

I prefer the movement of MP with the setup of SP. The default SP movement feels like I have mouse smoothing on my keys.

If I'll give the MP movement credit, it feels more like the good old Jedi Outcast movement. Plus, have you noticed that with normal JKA movement in SP, the step sounds when you run play almost too in sync with each other? Almost a second apart? That's kinda distracting.

• 4 weeks later...

If it can't be made to emulate MP movement maybe it can at least be altered some to feel more like JK2SP. JASP just feels weird, like you're underwater or something. Kinda like there is a huge delay between button input and the actual animation being played.

In case many of you didn't know, it was stated clearly in a gaming magazine at the time just before release that the JASP campaign was catered to those who thought that JK2 was too difficult because of the first 6 levels in Outcast. It really is a dumbed down game.

Smoo and TheWhitePhoenix like this
  • 1 year later...

so if anyone plays multiplayer, you may know about the back flip stall. if you dont, its simple; attack and back flip before the attack finishes and when you land the back flip the attack continues where it left off from before you back flipped. so my question is; dose this jk enhanced mod include this????

so if anyone plays multiplayer, you may know about the back flip stall. if you dont, its simple; attack and back flip before the attack finishes and when you land the back flip the attack continues where it left off from before you back flipped. so my question is; dose this jk enhanced mod include this????

Probably not. The only thing that mod includes off the top of my head is the velocity halving.

• 1 year later...

I don't have opportunity of play movie battles that look accurate to the movies the version with 7 styles.

On single player is pretty annoying the default combat, there's some mods that can turn the thing more interesting like the enhanced evolution of combat remake that have some files,the manual block add-on of movie duels 2,and ultimate weapon mod with

More realistic saber trails if you wish,I mix and test this mods and become a bit better,you can fight face to face without running around and try hit each other that don't make any sense,and if you want more realism you can activate saber realism extreme damage,I cut a npc that jump on me like Obi Wan cut Anakin pretty funny.

Other mod that work on sp is the last ojp fixed 1.2 I think,is very precise with saber realism,maybe the most.

But don't have blood.

SP should been fixed. And i will talk about itater in the post.

The movement is in my opinion better in SP no doubt. Also fighting and animations are smoother.

For me MP feels very ... stiff. And most of people use red style which even in SP is OP.

But i dont agree that it requires no skill. If we are talking about cultist using lightsaber or default orange reborn.. yeah. But Reborn master or fighting 2-3 new reborns or shadowtroopers - the Challenge is here.

The main problem are the bugged animations and quick change of attack animations. Go back to Jedi Outcast II lightsaber combat. Look at the normal lightsaber slashes. Specially red style. You cant start new attack until Kyle will end his swing. In Jk3? You can slash forward suddenly on left , right (there is one bug in red style that allows you inifite saber slash. I believe it is back left and mouse left button. You can do it none stop. It feels like jedi has baseball bat not a lightsaber). There is no cooldown. Also i hate that enemies can do dodges or moves that player cant do.

Reborns can use force jump to go faster distance - player can get only higher to be honest.
New reborns can stop Katas whenever they want to. You can do it to with force push but it doesnt stops right away.
They can also roll while laying on the ground.

Not mentioning reborn who can jump from the floor to the top of the building of he can. I mean.. what!?

But yeah.. main issue is that lightsaber slashes are too spammy. There should be cooldown for both player and enemy on lightsaber attacks.

I edited post because it has many errors. Sry typing on phone is bad.

Edited by Langerd

SP should been fixed. And i will talk about itater in the post.

The movement is in my opinion better in SP no doubt. Also fighting and animations are smoother.

For me MP feels very ... stiff. And most of people use red style which even in SP is OP.

But i dont agree that it requires no skill. If we are talking about cultist using lightsaber or default orange reborn.. yeah. But Reborn master or fighting 2-3 new reborns or shadowtroopers - the Challenge is here.

The main problem are the bugged animations and quick change of attack animations. Go back to Jedi Outcast II lightsaber combat. Look at the normal lightsaber slashes. Specially red style. You cant start new attack until Kyle will and his swing. In Jk3? You can slash forward suddenly on left , right (there is ine bug in red style that allows you inifite saber slash. I believe it is back left and mouse left button). There is no cooldown. Also i hate that enemies can do doges or moves that player cant do.

Reborns can use force jump to go faster distance - player can get only higher to be honest.

New reborns can stop Katas whenever they want to. You can do it to with force push but it doesnt stops right away.

They can also roll while laying on the ground.

But yeah.. main issue is that lightsaber slashes are too spammy. There should be cooldown for both player and enemy on lightsaber attacks.

I agree, specially on MP. There's a lack of commitment in lightsaber attacks that's abused with the 'spinning' glitch that's an insta kill and people think it's actually 'skill'. I'd rather have slow and methodical than quick, spammy and glitchy combat. 

• 3 months later...

I'm somewhat bumping this, but I feel like a distinction needs to be made here. Everyone is arguing about two totally different things. The issue with SP movement has nothing to do with animations or ways you approach a duel or anything. It's literally the movement itself. If you open up SP, play a level, open up MP and play against bots, and then go back to SP, you'll see the difference in the speed and velocity at which you move. SP makes it almost seem like you're gliding or on ice, whereas MP movement is a lot more accurate to the animations. It's a technical difference that just feels a lot better in MP. Has nothing to do with most of what people are bitching about in this thread.

Just felt like clearing that up, because I really would like it fixed in SP as best as it can be. It won't be identical, I understand that, but anything would be better than it is.

TheWhitePhoenix and Jeff like this

If you look at my mods, you'll see that I always prefered SP game, and still today.

But I have to admit that OJP Enhanced is the best lightsabering experience I had in my life.

Although MP without OJP seems really crap to me. The best players are just lamers who know the glitches to kill you in one frame with the red style.

• 2 weeks later...