Feet STILL need to be reposed.

oh yeah lol

i was waiting to import a base model n compare

i knew the blueish/purple colorq and the face was a little off it was just getting late last night n i gave in

ill mess with it when i get a sec thx ashura man u got a great eye for the shit i overlook

so whats up with writing these shaders for me i always been a huge fan of yer shader work vs. mine

yeah i know.. i still gotta make spec maps for it and what not so ill wait til i start those and make sure it all looks right as i go.. id say hes almost ready to rig. gotta orient his feet correctly... maybe some minor tweaks to adjust but overall im bout to rig him

and nevermind about the shaders thing man... proxy has soooo many lights and crap on him and i remember where it all is on the uvmaps so ill just have to do it

but maybe once i get the glow maps and spec maps done u can help me adjust the shaders

try that skype thing again man i didnt get it

ready2rig.jpg

edit:

feet and other things were a bit off from the skele after i looked at it... so i refitted to skele..heirarchy done.. tags set.. transforms froze.
prolly start it later today or tonight. shouldnt take me but an hour or 2 cuz hes a droid. a lot easier to rig. plus... i modelled him specifically for rigging lol i wanted to make things easy on myself for once

Circa likes this

i dunno i think im confusing myself wiht the ref pics because of the lighting

profilefzg.jpg

i shoulda just used the color picker when i was in zbrush.. but thats an ifail

a while ago i made a decent irradescent type shader with purple n blue spec maps i think i was gunna try that n see how that looks and if not, go all blue.. but it would be nice to have that weird irradecent look his armor has

oh crap regardless i should start with a blueish base and maybe do the spec map a lil purplish der my blunder

You made the feet point down, they aren't supposed to, import a base model and look at it.

I know that can be the only confusing part of that new skeleton but that's the way just about every foot bone in every skeleton is made, it's that way because there SHOULD be a toe bone that is straight forward but they took it out of JA. Other than that I think that new skeleton you're now using is pretty good at letting you see how well something will fit to it.

exampledo.png

On a side note: @@Inyri stopped playing ME/KotOR to come post! I think she's been on a recent binge. =p

i know i was stoked to see inyri.

i know i screwed up the feet i friggin oriented em to the bone and now that i look at the pic i get it

and as for the brightness im adjusting colors while im making these shaders right now he looks good ingame now no worries..

ill post a screenie here in a sec of the shader progress..

hey barricade... cut his head off. take the wolffe models head off and recompile it and see if u have the same issues. this is the 2nd model in a row that if i remove his head i dont get the error. im wondering if its the naming of the head peices. cuz i had his head segmented into 2 peices, but i know that isnt the issue because of the way the base models have almost the exact same thing... so im thinking its either faulty geometry bugging out, or if the peices of the head have to be named a certain thing, or if they cant be weighed to a certain bone... try it tho and if it doesnt work for the head, try with the other peices til it works. i should have more info on this this evening as i dabble n experiment. like a mad professor

tumblrmcu0r4z4vp1rfpc0m.jpg

katanamaru likes this

hey barricade... cut his head off. take the wolffe models head off and recompile it and see if u have the same issues. this is the 2nd model in a row that if i remove his head i dont get the error. im wondering if its the naming of the head peices. cuz i had his head segmented into 2 peices, but i know that isnt the issue because of the way the base models have almost the exact same thing... so im thinking its either faulty geometry bugging out, or if the peices of the head have to be named a certain thing, or if they cant be weighed to a certain bone... try it tho and if it doesnt work for the head, try with the other peices til it works. i should have more info on this this evening as i dabble n experiment. like a mad professor

tumblrmcu0r4z4vp1rfpc0m.jpg

From what I understand the problem is possibly linked to how much high quality stuff JKA can take. I think between the Wolffe skin being used and the clone blaster being used it is just too much for the system to take. Not really sure why but it isn't that big of a deal. I will have to try him out in multiplayer and see if it crashes if Wolffe has the blaster.

ChalklYne likes this
  • 5 months later...

I am so delighted to hear about you releasing the characters one by one. It really is a good way to keep interest up and give shorter term gratification.

What surprised me was to hear about all these other Proxy mods floating around. I can't find a single one, so I eagerly await this one.

Great model, though I am not much of a fan of Proxy (I expected him to be more droid that a living being, without the intonations he uses in his speech). 

How do you plan to make the Holo-effect of him? I mean, when he changes appearance from his own to that of Vader or princess Leia? I mean, it's quite easy to do that in JA, simply switching models via scripts, but what about effects?

well i could do it by making his "morph" a taunt... then adding in an aev_effect line in his animevents.cfg. But I think if he's going to be doing any morphing it will be a pre rendered cutscene. I dont plan on having him be a really big part of the mod, and only really had him in the training room as your sparring partner, as well as once in a boss battle where he changes to someone else for a quick fight against you. and I was planning on doing that particular morph in softimage/aftereffects. I might have him have a morph taunt where he morphs to starkiller real quick and does something as one of proxy's actual taunts for as if you want to play as him. i dunno. haven't gotten that far yet