There is a ported Proxy model, but as far as I have ever been able to tell there's no JA Proxy model.

My RP character is using the hand from the ported Proxy model, basically because there wasn't any good cybernetic hands other then that.

If there was a Proxy model made specifically for JA before, then it slipped past me, and I won't deny that is possible :P

is this dlx? man its good to "meet" u dude. yeah i worked with firedragon for a while on jau but it just had wayy too much to cover and tasks were never established so tons of work was done, mainly from what i seen by authuran, myslef and ashura and yerself... but most of it was most likely lost.

is this dlx? man its good to "meet" u dude. yeah i worked with firedragon for a while on jau but it just had wayy too much to cover and tasks were never established so tons of work was done, mainly from what i seen by authuran, myslef and ashura and yerself... but most of it was most likely lost.

Yeah it's me alright....and I am a hell of a lot better than I was back then...and this looks better than what I can recall mine looking like anyway XD good job so far

sorry guys but the more i looked at that last draft the less i liked it so heres a more finalized version i can pretty muchbe happy calling a finished product. uv mapping it now...

proxyfinal.jpg

not much different but i had to delete a bit and remodel it all and do some alpha mapping and really give his neck and shoulders that detached proxy look.. whatcha think? ready for texturing?

his alpha maps didnt render out or whatever so heres a better pic of his alphas functioning

alphaw.jpg

I personally really like it.

The only thing that seems to slightly bug me is the 'thumbs'.

The part where the thumb first comes off the hand seems a bit fatter then I guess I would think.

But other then that, I think it looks amazing still!

Really will be happy when this is in-game and useable. ^.^

yeah im still not grasping how textured decal has to show everything all contrasty n washed out, but my bad mini here u go. the ring around his neck is still untextured i just left my stand in texture there to show myself what was going on. but progress none the less

proxybright.png

ive rigged kazdan a couple times and keep getting assimilate errors mainly the one where u have too many frames or whatever so im just kinda chillin on riggin them til u get yer tut goin

anybody got an idea where these went? http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/tutorials/

i found those tutorials i was looking for...

http://psyko3d.50webs.com/tuts.html

and i fixed all assimilate errors i was getting. theres also a bone in the jk3 skele u just posted named rtaluss and it should be rtalus which threw me off for a minute lol. but all in all its perfect and everythings going smoothly. ill start rigging proxy tonight most likely. one dumb question tho, how does the engine know what is yer arm when u chop off an arm is it the tags? i should be linking the tags to whatever part of the body it is right? and dont i like not link the hand bone or something?

If the textures don't look right in Textured Decal then they aren't going to look right in game either without serious shader help, dynamic lighting and shadows. Trust me on this, I did the same thing as you when I first started using Softimage years ago, based all my textures on how they looked in renders and the OpenGL setting, they'll look super bright in game.

Dismemberment is all based on tags and parenting, that's how the engine figures the dismemberment. Used to think it had to do with naming of the meshes but I found otherwise since I rigged and compiled the geth model and split the hips and torso into 2 segments. Used an admin command that kills a player and dismembers all parts and the hips or torso never split. Also, don't be afraid to move tags to suit your needs, unlike the bones the position is not crucial for them to work properly, if the tags say for the feet don't match with the bottom of the characters foot (which control how the feet interact with the ground, the model DOES NOT dictate this) but the ankle joint matches the skeleton feel free to move them appropriately so that the bottom edge meets the bottom polygons of the feet.

Tag surfaces should be enveloped to the closest bone and never have more than 1 deformer (bone), they also should be child to the closest mesh, just as caps are child to their coresponding mesh.

Just post exactly what you're trying to do and we'll figure a way that makes it all work, caps too if you want.

Also, just found out a week ago and update the Mod Tool thread, you need to use version 6, Autodesk capped the dotXSI exporter so that animation and UV coordinates will not get exported on the 7.5 version. I know that the 7.5 version has some enhancements overall but 6 can do everything you need it to and isn't really any different. 6 also comes with .obj and .3ds support which was removed from 7.5 probably because Autodesk wants your money hence why you cannot buy a Foundations version of Softimage for $499 anymore like you used to.

Also, if you need any Softimage related help feel free to post in the tutorial thread and I'll answer usually very quickly.

All you need to do is install the Valve source addon on both versions and export/import the weight map.

Crosswalk also, didn't think about that at first, just do a regular export but the valve source addon is very useful for weight map transfer when importing/exporting using a universal file type like .3ds that doesn't support envelope weights.