Morin Mod - My OC stuff - Elemental weapon replacment + changing animation

I still don't understand how to do terrain like that, do you use a special tool? It looks great too.

https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/92-hand-shaped-terrain/

this tutorial helped me a lot. I dont use easygen for this because it pisses me the hell off and many times terrain is buggy.

1. make the brush with quad dimensions (a hight like 16 on grid)

2. Cut it with clipper to make two triangles (shift+enter to make it save two pieces)

3. Duplicate them and make something like this

f4a821788151de95f1db71ab71b23b12.jpg

4. And now shape it with vert editor of course it take forever sometimes but You can create many cool levels with this ! And of course the textures. I created the sand, half rock half sand texture and rock. This helps me to create kind smooth connection (easygen can create shader for You to make this effect even better but like i said before.. i dont like using it.)

d0ef0c479f445ec0df99a8830f6f6d5d.jpg

91ba27a2c8a9d1e22a53251a14953d9c.jpg

Noodle likes this

https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/92-hand-shaped-terrain/

this tutorial helped me a lot. I dont use easygen for this because it pisses me the hell off and many times terrain is buggy.

1. make the brush with quad dimensions (a hight like 16 on grid)

2. Cut it with clipper to make two triangles (shift+enter to make it save two pieces)

3. Duplicate them and make something like this

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=51e6515a620da4cec0528acb256f2dcc&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=6352&p=103631&md5check=29e81d488bcd74245df2feae97e008b8&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,yrnXQ5tiZ6U'); //]]></script>f4a821788151de95f1db71ab71b23b12.jpg

4. And now shape it with vert editor of course it take forever sometimes but You can create many cool levels with this ! And of course the textures. I created the sand, half rock half sand texture and rock. This helps me to create kind smooth connection (easygen can create shader for You to make this effect even better but like i said before.. i dont like using it.)

d0ef0c479f445ec0df99a8830f6f6d5d.jpg

91ba27a2c8a9d1e22a53251a14953d9c.jpg&&0

Cool! Once I used this method for a test, but I was afraid that so many brushes would make my map really laggy. Seems I was concerned for nothing!

Cool! Once I used this method for a test, but I was afraid that so many brushes would make my map really laggy. Seems I was concerned for nothing!

Make it detail and make sure You are not making the whole map in just one box ;) 

The whole cave in my Morin mod, this skybox test is made with this method. It just like i said ... takes a forever if You want create mountains or something.

Alternatively, you can sculpt a terrain in a modeling program and export the model. Way faster than that, but might end up less precise.

Yeah :) I was thinking about making it in blender for better effect and then not checking the solid mark (but ... in some sort of way O.o it will cost less space than the brush work because spawnflag will ceat one sided tris not 5 sided meshes) but using this method with the invisible , solid shader with the sand, rock material to make model terrain use the materials shaders. The only problem i see is making it using high definition textures if it is big but it is also nice idea to make skybox mountains or desert dunes.

Yeah :) I was thinking about making it in blender for better effect and then not checking the solid mark (but ... in some sort of way O.o it will cost less space than the brush work because spawnflag will ceat one sided tris not 5 sided meshes) but using this method with the invisible , solid shader with the sand, rock material to make model terrain use the materials shaders. The only problem i see is making it using high definition textures if it is big but it is also nice idea to make skybox mountains or desert dunes.

Darth Arth once got Modeled terrain with material blending to work - I have no clue how he did it but I'm fairly certain that he did it

• 1 month later...

Ok! Lately i am making Cloud City modification.

This Morin modification is very very WIP :S Sorry to say this.

But! I also learning lately how to do textures better! I took the Morin model , make higher poly parts of him and i started to sculpt in these. After the scuplting i baked the textures and then i made new textures for Morin. I used this method for some previous models but on these textures i rly.. spend a long time.

OLD ONE:

zLb5e.jpg

NEW ONE:

zL6rF.jpg

New in game:

zLYw2.jpg
zL0IP.jpg
zLldJ.jpg
zLmUp.jpg
zL8us.jpg
zLIZc.jpg

If You Guys want i can upload Morin as the player model character ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok for testing new technic i decided to make character named Khalos (Chaos but later.. he is a god and most powerful character in my story . I will not tell You whole origin of him .. too much to talk about [but if someone want .. i can do it ;) ])

So! This new method is sweet! OwO I am noobish in modeling still , and i dont have much time lately (mature exam.. T_T) but in free time i am making modifications and models :3

Here is Khalos!:

4kv1M.jpg
4kxio.jpg
4k2CB.jpg
4kCQK.jpg
4kUHO.jpg

4kt7W.jpg
4kWXt.jpg
4kgch.jpg
4kjf1.jpg

And the last one :3 his face in the blender with texures and full made with the scuplting.

4kwtV.jpg

Hope i will get more free time soon i finally improve my works :)

But btw.. Thanks to You Guys and thanks to this awesome community! I rly want to learn this stuff because... lately this is the only thing that keep me going.. in my sad , weak emotional life.

AshuraDX, Noodle, DarthStiv and 3 others like this

Ok for testing new technic i decided to make character named Khalos (Chaos but later.. he is a god and most powerful character in my story . I will not tell You whole origin of him .. too much to talk about [but if someone want .. i can do it ;) ])

So! This new method is sweet! OwO I am noobish in modeling still , and i dont have much time lately (mature exam.. T_T) but in free time i am making modifications and models :3

Here is Khalos!:

Hope i will get more free time soon i finally improve my works :)

But btw.. Thanks to You Guys and thanks to this awesome community! I rly want to learn this stuff because... lately this is the only thing that keep me going.. in my sad , weak emotional life.&&0

Very impressive! I don't think you need to tell us his origin story, from a narrative point of view, sometimes it's much better if you're subtle with it. Don't tell it in a straightforward manner, but leave us some clues ingame so we can get to know it if we pay attention!

Langerd likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

This mod is very promising and also Jedi Academy mods that are not based on Star Wars are rare.

Two questions: are you going to keep the HUD as Diablo game? I do not like the HUD-like spheres, since the bars are best used

space to indicate health, shield and Force points.

And you will add some new non-offensive power, as dash? Moving from one place to another in less than a blink always liked me.

Langerd and TheWhitePhoenix like this
  • 2 weeks later...

This mod is very promising and also Jedi Academy mods that are not based on Star Wars are rare.

Two questions: are you going to keep the HUD as Diablo game? I do not like the HUD-like spheres, since the bars are best used

space to indicate health, shield and Force points.

And you will add some new non-offensive power, as dash? Moving from one place to another in less than a blink always liked me.

About the Hud i agree. Sphere hud was just my tribute to the Diablo 2 game and also my result after editing hud files.

Maybe I will give Player a choice. I will put sphere hud in one pk3 and bar in the second and it will be choosen by him .

About dash .. i remember a small modification. Maybe i will use something similar. I didnt think about that.

Well after a looooooooong break from modding i want to make some new stuff.

First i want to finish my Cloud City map part 1 with the small amount of the story too.

This topic is for Morin modification so .. Yeah. I think the best way to quickly show this modification to You guys is just .. making a DEMO version. Some Cutscenes, enemies to beat and one or two boss fights - no story involved .. maybe some XP

Here is the poster i made :P I am not good in these things but i think it looks quite good...

Some help with the Title Logo would be nice because i suck at doing things like this :S

i5WBs.jpg

Artemis and Mizore like this

I'm not really good with that sort of thing. I have fun creating them, but they're not really well done... Still, I wanted to give it a try, maybe it will at least provide an idea for someone more skilled.

suUEOpX.jpg

The font is the best I could come up with. The style of these characters, general aesthetics of the game just suit these slightly medievalish fonts that have a bit of mystical/religious stench about them. It's actually one font, just in two versions - as it should be, diversity isn't very good here.

I tried to give the title slight resemblence to the lava, and the same colours, as, quite honestly, that colour is the only one that would suit the picture. Every other colour to the title would be *expanding* the picture instead of completing it, if you get what I mean by that. So, with that in mind, I've tried to give it a semi-lava texture, but I don't think it turned out well.

I wanted the author nickname to fit into the rest of the picture, that's why the font is the same (just a simpler variant), but it's also lacking of any special effects. That's because of the idea that author is outside of the story and also the most important part about the poster tbh. It's not supposed to be completely blended with the picture for both of these reasons, but again, I'm not sure if that turned out well.

I'm not really good with that sort of thing. I have fun creating them, but they're not really well done... Still, I wanted to give it a try, maybe it will at least provide an idea for someone more skilled.

suUEOpX.jpg

The font is the best I could come up with. The style of these characters, general aesthetics of the game just suit these slightly medievalish fonts that have a bit of mystical/religious stench about them. It's actually one font, just in two versions - as it should be, diversity isn't very good here.

I tried to give the title slight resemblence to the lava, and the same colours, as, quite honestly, that colour is the only one that would suit the picture. Every other colour to the title would be *expanding* the picture instead of completing it, if you get what I mean by that. So, with that in mind, I've tried to give it a semi-lava texture, but I don't think it turned out well.

I wanted the author nickname to fit into the rest of the picture, that's why the font is the same (just a simpler variant), but it's also lacking of any special effects. That's because of the idea that author is outside of the story and also the most important part about the poster tbh. It's not supposed to be completely blended with the picture for both of these reasons, but again, I'm not sure if that turned out well.

Thanks for trying :)

Hmm i think it would be better to put it on the right lower corner because of this dark space. Also i thought - I know how to model .. kinda know how.

So maybe i will make a logo using model fonts and add some effects to it.

• 4 weeks later...