My new WIP map

I am not in my home in Warsaw so i dont using any things from cloudy map.

I have started making new map though ( i am at the grandparents house ;) )

Well i made first room. Maybe someone will figure out what map i am making :P This is not my idea. This map will be remake

shot0000.jpg
shot0001.jpg
shot0002.jpg
shot0003.jpg
shot0004.jpg

This strange glowing stuff will not be there btw

Merek, Veosar, Onysfx and 1 other like this

New screens. I am making the top. Maybe Guys have some ideas :D It would help me so much!

shot0032.jpg
shot0033.jpg
shot0034.jpg
shot0035.jpg
shot0036.jpg
shot0037.jpg

Now i am thinking about the back of the ship (the place with shield belt but well... this is Jk so i am thinking to add there concussion rifle) . I tried some options but cant find a way to make it look good. Now i will focus on it

• 1 month later...

It looks awesome. Very nice detailing and lighting. The only thing that bothers me is the blocky shadows - is there any chance you could ramp up the lightmapscale somewhat?

Looks great

This is awesome. Great detail work!

It almost looks like if this wasn't Jedi Academy. I love your mapping skills dude. Keep mapping hard :]

Best Regards!

Many thanks Guys! 8)

About the _lightmapscale i made it 0.125 i think O.o

Asgarath83 likes this

Ah. It might just be the way shadows are calculated from alphas, then. I've never used that part of q3map2 before. *shrug*

Doesn't change the fact that the rest looks amazing, though.

Many thanks !

I made all of this when i was on holidays in my grandparents house. I made everything from scratch (in two weeks .. wow O.o I made Teensie in the same time . This is kinda amazing .. but scary in the same time) But i want to add some new stuff here.

Maybe i will add some pipe models and change some lamp models. But for now i started the new project (never ending story... i just cant find solution to start one project end it and just start new one) and this map is in the second place of my list... Too bad my tatooine map which was my favourite has some issues that i cant fix :( ( safe_malloc error... dont know how to fix and of course _lightmapscale bug that ruins whole map after light compile)

safe_malloc error... dont know how to fix and of course _lightmapscale bug that ruins whole map after light compile

I've run into the safe_malloc before, although I don't remember what caused it for me and I'm sure it has a variety of causes. As for a _lightmapscale bug ruining the light compile, I'm interested in that. I don't know if I can help with either of those, but I'd like to try if you're cool with it.

safe_malloc just means it has run out of memory. In a 32 bit build this happens at 2GB. There's the -lomem switch for making it use less memory (at the expense of higher compile times) but the real solution (besides keeping the map simpler/using less memory consuming compile options) is switching to a 64 bit Q3Map2 (assuming you're running a 64 bit operating system).

NAB622 likes this
  • 11 months later...

I watched the video you posted and I have a question regarding the starfield. Is that a custom shader or some effect in game?

This is just : a box with 3 cilinders and 2 brushes (cilinders are using scrolling glowing transparent texture with glowing stars and speed effect texture but 2 brushes are  these flares) and in this box i used misc_skyportal. I used this trick previously on one of the map.