Jeff's never ending WIP's

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

The DL links have been removed I'm tired of going onto Mod DB and seeing my stuff everywhere, with no credit, and half of them claiming they made it. 

Sorry to hear that man, but I totally sympathise. ModDB admins seem very lax when it comes to responding to reports as well - having made several myself in the past.

EDIT: Turns out ModDB doesn't even flag a file as reported until several people have done so. Perhaps it's time to name and shame some content thieves so we they can reported and pulled from the site?

Jeff and swegmaster like this

Sorry to hear that man, but I totally sympathise. ModDB admins seem very lax when it comes to responding to reports as well - having made several myself in the past.

EDIT: Turns out ModDB doesn't even flag a file as reported until several people have done so. Perhaps it's time to name and shame some content thieves so we they can reported and pulled from the site?

The thing that bothers me to no end is this, I wouldn't even care if they didn't ask for permission, hell I wouldn't even bitch about not being credited, but in the past week, I found one guy who wrote how proud he was of a model (Valkorie) and the other is releasing another model on it's own (BB-8). Then I look at a mod for the force unleashed and it's showing ports from myself, @@Seven, and Lt. Claim. The models he showing off has absolutely  nothing to do with the force unleashed, it's just a showcase for a bunch of models he had nothing to do with. The guy with the Valkorie model, I commented on his page, his response was ..."don't worry you'll be credited." I won't even bother reporting them to the site, it's not worth my time in the end. 

Edit: 

I just saw the Battlefront mod (for Jedi Academy) and the creator did provide credit, so at least some of them are honest. 

Edited by Jeff
TheWhitePhoenix likes this

@@Jeff ... I must say... they suck.  For first i thought it is still shitty from their side but Noodle told that they might dont even know what is the problem .... Sad to hear that it is not true 100% of the times.

I am happy that this site is very good and We care about credits

Jeff likes this

That does suck, you do deserve the credit Jeff, what is so hard about giving credit to someone?

@@Jeff ... I must say... they suck.  For first i thought it is still shitty from their side but Noodle told that they might dont even know what is the problem .... Sad to hear that it is not true 100% of the times.

I am happy that this site is very good and We care about credits

If it were just not giving credit I wouldn't say anything, but when your claiming stuff as your own or making it seem that way, well that's crossed the line IMO.

swegmaster and yeyo JK like this

theres a question that plagues my mind, why is @@dark_apprentice part of the thiefs on moddb, i noticed theres 2 files uploaded by him called stormtrooper reskin (@@DT85's stormie) and @@Jeff's satele shan, unless thats not the real dark, and the moddb dark *seems* to supports MKDiablo, a common mod thief on moddb, evidence being a comment in mk's tfu thing supporting it

@@Jeff by removing your Links you are playing right into the hands of these dipshits. Now people looking for your stuff will download the versions they uploaded. So get those Links back up, if I reacted this way everytime someone reuploaded my content without giving credit/claiming they made it I'd have disappeared from the JKA Community long ago ;)

On a side note, in your place I'd not complain about someone stealing "stolen", ported, content. To me it seems to be the nature of things :D

Edit: Alternately, you could make a cut here and begin uploading exclusively your own, custom work from now on - which I'd be interested in, it's allways nice to see new Talent unfold!

@@Jeff by removing your Links you are playing right into the hands of these dipshits. Now people looking for your stuff will download the versions they uploaded. So get those Links back up, if I reacted this way everytime someone reuploaded my content without giving credit/claiming they made it I'd have disappeared from the JKA Community long ago ;)

On a side note, in your place I'd not complain about someone stealing "stolen", ported, content. To me it seems to be the nature of things :D

Edit: Alternately, you could make a cut here and begin uploading exclusively your own, custom work from now on - which I'd be interested in, it's allways nice to see new Talent unfold!

I fully and completely concur. And hold on....-Looks at the likes- Yo, @@Stoiss. You still alive? :D

Smoo likes this

I'll add in my two cents as well: as far as the models are concerned, the damage is already done. I mean, it's not like everyone and their mother is a model thief out there, so how many more people can steal your stuff and claim it as theirs? ;)

To be honest, anyway, the TFU mod guy sorta does sound like he only meant that he got the models working in-game as NPCs - but if he changed the comments or description I'm likely falling for it. It reminds me of my first days of modding other people's work, and when I was about to release it someone reminded me that I didn't have the permission to do that ;)

I get what your saying, I've already made the cut. I just need to find time to work on custom models.

I say make it so that people have to message you for a link and they state their intentions of use, such as testing them out

I could do that. 

I'll add in my two cents as well: as far as the models are concerned, the damage is already done. I mean, it's not like everyone and their mother is a model thief out there, so how many more people can steal your stuff and claim it as theirs? ;)

To be honest, anyway, the TFU mod guy sorta does sound like he only meant that he got the models working in-game as NPCs - but if he changed the comments or description I'm likely falling for it. It reminds me of my first days of modding other people's work, and when I was about to release it someone reminded me that I didn't have the permission to do that ;)

I was just giving examples, the TFU guy really doesn't bother me. It's the little shits claiming credit for individual models.

dark_apprentice, Smoo and Ramikad like this

I don't have any account in there and I always state that I am from Bulgaria I had only 2 registrations/accounts related with JKA the one in JK3 FileFront --> unleashed_dark_force and the one i use in here is "dark_apprentice" I was not familiar with the stuff you are talking about, however I just noticed now that over this website there are also content that I have created and no 1 have asked me to use them, not that I will not give my permission and most of my stuff are open for use but a simple "thank you to" would be enough. For example i saw few mods there using my TFU-2 HUD I created and shared over here

swegmaster and Smoo like this

i think i and eezstreet claimed a victory@@Jeff, that MKDiablo guy, that (please pardon the slur Admins of this hub, but the moddb thieves have made me that damn pist that i cant contain it any longer) faggot mcdicksucker who stole your bb-8 model and claimed it as his own on moddb, has seemingly removed the bb-8 model from the addons, pretty sure its because i just exposed him in some comments

i think i and eezstreet claimed a victory@@Jeff, that MKDiablo guy, that (please pardon the slur Admins of this hub, but the moddb thieves have made me that damn pist that i cant contain it any longer) faggot mcdicksucker who stole your bb-8 model and claimed it as his own on moddb, has seemingly removed the bb-8 model from the addons, pretty sure its because i just exposed him in some comments

Love your comments on the TFU mod page.

Smoo likes this

Thanks man.

swegmaster and TheWhitePhoenix like this

What a scumbag.

What pisses me off, is that moron is claiming that HE did all the hard work and probably barely sleepful nights of effort that @@Jeff did. Which is NOT cool. I'm glad you kicked his ass to Jupiter's red spot and back @.

Ramikad and Jeff like this

What pisses me off, is that moron is claiming that HE did all the hard work and probably barely sleepful nights of effort that @@Jeff did. Which is NOT cool. I'm glad you kicked his ass to Jupiter's red spot and back @.

Wasn't he the guy who couldn't speak/write english properly either? Like ''I bring cool addon blablabla yadadada'' or something? Anyway people like that make me wanna do this:

giphy.gif

TheWhitePhoenix likes this