Jeff's never ending WIP's

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

Links fixed, I think I had this problem before, Sith Warrior, Senya Tirall, Nico Okarr, Karkodan (he needs work), and LIN-VM8.

Looking good, but a quick tip for SWTOR models I've found useful:

When using the face textures, combine then with the normal map (the same texture ending in _n , usually appears all blue) so produce a more JKA-friendly version of the final result.

What I usually do is:

1. Open the original face texture in Photoshop.

2. Open the normal map version.

3. On the normal map, go to Channels and disable everything except the Green channel.

4. With just the green channel visible, select all then copy and paste over to the main face texture.

5. Change the blend mode (feel free to experiment, I usually go for Soft Light) and set the opacity to somewhere in the 50-60% region.

6. Now go back to the normal map texture and repeat the process with the Blue channel.

7. Again, experiment with different blend modes but I usually go with Multiply and a 25%-35% opacity.

With SWTOR human faces in particular, you can also experiment further by applying additional textures from the Complexions section of player texture and also applying them to the main face texture through the use of blend modes and opacity settings. The results help to combat the cartoonish look of the TOR models considerably, and reduced the washed out appearance of their textures in things like Modview.

Just my two cents.

Jeff, swegmaster, Smoo and 1 other like this

Looking good, but a quick tip for SWTOR models I've found useful:

When using the face textures, combine then with the normal map (the same texture ending in _n , usually appears all blue) so produce a more JKA-friendly version of the final result.

What I usually do is:

1. Open the original face texture in Photoshop.

2. Open the normal map version.

3. On the normal map, go to Channels and disable everything except the Green channel.

4. With just the green channel visible, select all then copy and paste over to the main face texture.

5. Change the blend mode (feel free to experiment, I usually go for Soft Light) and set the opacity to somewhere in the 50-60% region.

6. Now go back to the normal map texture and repeat the process with the Blue channel.

7. Again, experiment with different blend modes but I usually go with Multiply and a 25%-35% opacity.

With SWTOR human faces in particular, you can also experiment further by applying additional textures from the Complexions section of player texture and also applying them to the main face texture through the use of blend modes and opacity settings. The results help to combat the cartoonish look of the TOR models considerably, and reduced the washed out appearance of their textures in things like Modview.

Just my two cents.

Thanks the faces always bothered me. I'll have to try this.

Smoo and TheWhitePhoenix like this

@@Jeff Btw if you have restored the link for your models at DropBox, I want to request permission on using your updated version of my first attempt on Ezra Bridger. I want to make second version.

Sure I look forward to see what you can do.

peoples, report these 2 files on moddb by fake dark apprentice: dt stormtrooper, named "stormie reskin": http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-jedi-academy/addons/better-stormtrooper, and satele shan, no credit to jeff: http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-jedi-academy/addons/satele-shan-from-swtor

That's legit, it's not mine. I don't know about the ST though.

dark_apprentice and swegmaster like this

wait satele isnt from you, its from someone else again, neomarz1, /its not even satele shan, its serra keto, readme apparently says the body is from neomarz1, but i dont think so,and the stormie is definitely dt's, i looked, model folder is named DT_Stormtrooper

Here's my progress with him in a pm

jXiZP6q.png

Shockingly, he hasn't responded since. This was what I linked.

Sorry that im late to the party...

I can confirm that the Saber Pike Is not his....it was made for me long time ago when I was making the Shadow Guard skins. Was released on jk3files a few days after I released the Shadow Guard Skins.

So is this little twerp taken care of now?

Sorry that im late to the party...

I can confirm that the Saber Pike Is not his....it was made for me long time ago when I was making the Shadow Guard skins. Was released on jk3files a few days after I released the Shadow Guard Skins.

So is this little twerp taken care of now?

Yeah, he said hes out and he haven't been active on the mod since 

Some dude on moddb (when the whole MKDiablo thing was going down).

Was asking for other stuff from him, not knowing he was fraudulent, and the asshole just goes ahead and proceeds to promise all sorts of stuff. "I'll see what I can do."

I immediately told the guy that he had stolen.

TheWhitePhoenix and Bek like this

Yeah he's in one of the packs.

I think your Plagueis face and Hirman's outfit would be a match made in HEAVEN.

If you know how to contact him, you should get the ok, because those together would be the definitive Plagueis.

Jeff any new work in progress? :)

Nothing atm.

*When people post cool new content but neither provide a download link nor a date of release*

200w.gif#31

What are you referring too? I've released everything on this thread.