Jeff's never ending WIP's

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

If you look closer to the model, there are empty spaces between the joints. Like a  ghost in an armor.

vxnes9.jpg

BTW, Thanks to @@Seven for fixing the light saber details.

@@Jeff, @@Seven I have another proposition should one or both of you choose to work on the Lord Stalker and fix these empty spaces. Try making the hands move too, that's a small detail, but it could be done, I hope.

Lucy and The Punisher like this

If you look closer to the model, there are empty spaces between the joints. Like a  ghost in an armor.

vxnes9.jpg

BTW, Thanks to @@Seven for fixing the light saber details.

I haven't looked at the model but it looks like a shader issue more than a model issue.

Actually Jeff, I can vouch for @@The Punisher on this. It's a model issue. I once used this model WITHOUT the shader, and it still had this problem.

That would only exacerbate the issue. Jeff is saying it looks like the shader file for it hasn't correctly made certain surfaces double-sided (which is one of the main things shaders are needed for) thus resulting in in-game results that resemble gaps in the model. It needs a shader file.

Jeff and TheWhitePhoenix like this

That would only exacerbate the issue. Jeff is saying it looks like the shader file for it hasn't correctly made certain surfaces double-sided (which is one of the main things shaders are needed for) thus resulting in in-game results that resemble gaps in the model. It needs a shader file.

I know the answer is obvious, but can it be fixed?

Sorry guys, I apologize if I upset anyone, it wasn't my intention. I respect (and admire) you very much. I am no expert, I was just trying to illustrate what the issue was from a user's perspective.

I am willing (and trying to learn) so I can contribute more to the community. If there is an easy way how to fix these kind of issues, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could show us how so we can also learn and be able to contribute more.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Sorry guys, I apologize if I upset anyone, it wasn't my intention. I respect (and admire) you very much. I am no expert, I was just trying to illustrate what the issue was from a user's perspective.

I am willing (and trying to learn) so I can contribute more to the community. If there is an easy way how to fix these kind of issues, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could show us how so we can also learn and be able to contribute more.

Same.

This is what I meant. The fix is simple just right a shader file and make sure you add cull twosided to every part that has holes in it

I know the answer is obvious, but can it be fixed?

Here's my shader file from Tulak 

models/players/Tulak_Hord/chest
{
cull twosided
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/chest
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
        //alphaFunc GE128
    }
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/chest
        blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE
        alphaGen lightingSpecular
detail
    }
}

models/players/Tulak_Hord/torso_DF2
{
cull twosided
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/torso_DF2
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
        //alphaFunc GE128
    }
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/torso_DF2
detail
    }
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/glow
        blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
        detail
        rgbGen identity
    }
}

models/players/Tulak_Hord/bracer
{
cull twosided
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/bracer
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
        //alphaFunc GE128
    }
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/bracer
detail
    }
}

models/players/Tulak_Hord/face
{
cull twosided
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/face
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
        //alphaFunc GE128
    }
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/face
detail
    }
}

models/players/Tulak_Hord/legs
{
cull twosided
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/legs
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
        //alphaFunc GE128
    }
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/legs
detail
    }
}

models/players/Tulak_Hord/waist
{
cull twosided
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/waist
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
        //alphaFunc GE128
    }
    {
        map models/players/Tulak_Hord/waist
detail
    }
}

Notice at the start of every bracket I have "cull twosided" that has to be in your shader file for the parts that you can see through. I don't have the Stalker model or I'd just write it myself. Just replace Tiulak_Hord with your model name and then replace every texture name from mine with the stalker's texture names, and your done.

Thanks Jeff. I tired the shader but it didn't helped

1z73m3b.jpg

BTW, I posted a copy of the model here:

https://mega.nz/#!rJBD0AZR!xyA_GwpyQfRRFS_wJb-1OQqc5kviGDvCtzqT4PdoNps

I've checked several shader tutorials but I can't get my head around it. If any of you know a good shader tutorial aimed at JK with line-by-line description of what each line does, please let me know so I can try it.

1z73m3b.jpg

I've checked several shader tutorials but I can't get my head around it. If any of you know a good shader tutorial aimed at JK with line-by-line description of what each line does, please let me know so I can try it.

It looks like the that the shader file was removed here. But I've seen pics with the model WITH the shader and the openings are still there.

Lucy likes this

1z73m3b.jpg

Can you upload the shader file you made based on Jeff's suggestion?