Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile since an update, here's some of the stuff I've been working on folks. As with the last batch of updates, some of this will be released on the Hub whilst others are more likely to be hosted on a private site (possibly my webcomic's, in my sig).

Continuing the long trend of kitbashes based around characters from The Clone Wars TV series, we have Mother Talzin - the leader of the Nightsisters:

ConceptMotherTalzin2.jpg

Jedi Master Tsui Choi, a Clone Wars-era Jedi Master who first appeared in the same comic series as Jedi Master K'kruhk:

ConceptTsuiChoi.jpg

An update for an old favourite:

ConceptMaceWindu.jpg

And new territory for me, a BARC speeder for getting you around the map faster:

BARCSpeeder.jpg

As you can see, with the latter the current swoop driver animations don't line up quite as perfectly when viewed from the side, but when riding around in-game it escapes notice.

Jrue, gree, GPChannel and 7 others like this

Been awhile since an update, here's some of the stuff I've been working on folks. As with the last batch of updates, some of this will be released on the Hub whilst others are more likely to be hosted on a private site (possibly my webcomic's, in my sig).

Continuing the long trend of kitbashes based around characters from The Clone Wars TV series, we have Mother Talzin - the leader of the Nightsisters:

ConceptMotherTalzin2.jpg

Jedi Master Tsui Choi, a Clone Wars-era Jedi Master who first appeared in the same comic series as Jedi Master K'kruhk:

ConceptTsuiChoi.jpg

An update for an old favourite:

ConceptMaceWindu.jpg

And new territory for me, a BARC speeder for getting you around the map faster:

BARCSpeeder.jpg

As you can see, with the latter the current swoop driver animations don't line up quite as perfectly when viewed from the side, but when riding around in-game it escapes notice.

Yes, yes, yes, and more yes! New vehicles are the best thing that can happen! I always thought the mechanical side of star wars was neglected in the Jedi Knight games (though the AT-ST missions were always fun) so it's great to see you working on these :D

Yes, yes, yes, and more yes! New vehicles are the best thing that can happen! I always thought the mechanical side of star wars was neglected in the Jedi Knight games (though the AT-ST missions were always fun) so it's great to see you working on these :D

I have an ATRT model ready to go as well - the only drawback is its currently too large for its pilot as it uses the AT-PT skeleton and there is no way to rescale bones with @@mrwonko 's Blender tools (since it is so rare that they need to be resized). Once I crack the problem of rescaling a skeleton (if it is indeed possible) then I'll hopefully be able to add that to the mix.

Rescale? Is there a limit on the glm dimensions or why would you want that?

If I remember the format correctly, they can probably be scaled in their base pose, but animations definitely can't change the scale.

Aye, I can indeed rescale it in its base pose, just not when playing animations. However, I think I can get around it by playing around with the .npc and .vehicle files. Tinkering with the scale, height, width and camera settings should allow me to get it in a workable form in-game.

Aye, I can indeed rescale it in its base pose, just not when playing animations. However, I think I can get around it by playing around with the .npc and .vehicle files. Tinkering with the scale, height, width and camera settings should allow me to get it in a workable form in-game.

That Mace Windu looks so real!

I know this may be a weird request.. could you make a version with the facial hair and afro?

16260132.jpg

It would be epic lol

Tauns likes this

That Mace Windu looks so real!

I know this may be a weird request.. could you make a version with the facial hair and afro?

16260132.jpg

It would be epic lol

Lulz, probably not. It would be funny, but non-Star Wars kitbashes don't tend to hold my interest long enough for me to complete them. I don't know, maybe, if I run out of other ideas.

Daedra likes this

If you're interested I have ways of getting 3d hair for you. Pretextured and everything. Not just for this but for anything.

Sure, shoot me a link. I've been working on an updated Tarkin model tonight and the hair is what's giving me trouble.

You'd have to weigh it and well... It's predominantly black guy hair, but I can get you Andrew Bogut/Lou Amundson hair. Rudy Fernandez too.

Yeah, I don't think Tarkin's ready for that makeover... :P 

I'll drop you a PM if I make any characters who could use some stylish hair though. And weighing hair is really easy with Blender - since hair is always weighed solely to the cranium bone.

- Add 'cranium' to the vertex group of the hair mesh.

- Enter Edit Mode and select all.

- With 'cranium' highlighted in the vertex group menu, just hit 'Assign' underneath with a weight value of 1.0.

- ???

- Profit.

RL work is picking up again, so I'm starting to run short on JKA time once more - what are, say, the top three most-wanted WIPs from this thread? I'll try to get at least those ready for release in the near future.

Your new realistic Windu and BARC Speeder.

I only have 2 lol.