Qui-Gon Jinn

quigon.jpg

I compared your model to a photo taken on the set of Phantom Menace; your model is close to perfect.

When making models for this game you're forced to stick to a generalized proportion so that it fits the games skeleton, torso length can't be changed. Besides, that's not a good comparison since he isn't standing perfectly upright.

The tabard "flaps" will look better when he's rigged and doing a standing animation. I'm not liking how I've done the belt, I might see if I can merge the torso + belt together so I can texture the belt fabric overlapping the tabard.

Lookin' good! and don't forget to fix that texture bleed on the mirrored face / neck.

Yeah I noticed that, I plan to unmirror the head texture when I'm done tweaking.

Still need to add belt packs and boot detail before I'll move onto texturing.

• 2 weeks later...

TFU has a quigon model. It's head is spot on.

I prefer yours to be honest. Maybe just tweak the textures a bit to draw more attention to his defining features (large nose and small eyes).

I feel like the TFU's version is a little too round and soft and doesn't really accentuate his pointed/squarer features. Judging by this screenshot anyway.

star_wars_the_force_unleashed___qui_gon_

I know it's a cartoon but the clone wars, and the comics, did a good job of caricaturing Liam Neeson's face.

Qui-Gon_-_Mortis.JPG

Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing your finished model :)