JKO in Unreal Engine

That paper seems mostly irrelevant to a programmer in computer graphics. The majority of the paper talks about scene direction which is really up to the artists.

Unless of course, the paper is meant for artists, in which case it's all fine and dandy :P

That paper seems mostly irrelevant to a programmer in computer graphics. The majority of the paper talks about scene direction which is really up to the artists.

Unless of course, the paper is meant for artists, in which case it's all fine and dandy :P

It is. :P I've mentioned before that the animation could use some work.

@@eezstreet -- thanks for the paper... however, a ball doesn't start stretching/squashing in anticipation of hitting the ground. ;)

I didn't say all aspects were necessarily applicable to all styles of animation. Anticipation however, most definitely is something which is important for good-looking animation. Squash and stretch less so, but it is still an important concept to keep in mind. Your body will squash/stretch slightly when pressing yourself against the wall, yes? :P

Yes, living creatures can anticipate contact... and "ball-up/cringe" before taking the hit. However, inanimate objects (like a ball) do not begin to squash/stretch before making contact with the ground or a wall... the ball would only begin to compress after making initial contact... I was commenting on the original figures in the paper.

Nah, you're right, they wouldn't. Squash and stretch doesn't necessarily require anticipation (but anticipation is still important, people will naturally flinch before being punched in the face, etc)

I don't want to derail this thread any further, do you want to maybe make a new topic about the material in this paper? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I really like what I'm seeing so far. Although I would be hopping for something a little bit more after so much years of Jedi Knight and so big fan base it had.

Many games with similar past got a kickstarter campaing with old creators trying to redo the games again, atleast. Pity we will not probably live to the day when a new Jedi Knight game will be annoucned, especially now when, as I got it, EA is the only company with rights on creating SW games

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...