JKO in Unreal Engine

Looks like the faces may have been turbosmoothed (3ds Max modifier for increasing polys), then stuck into UDK with an auto generated normal map from the diffuse.

The work done here is impressive, but for the love of god use Hapslash's improved models. Those Stormtroopers are horrible lol.

This is really cool. The Bane video looked really good, despite JA content. I was really impressed, and this looks really promising. Can't wait to see what projects like MBIII will do with Unreal.

And while the anims were the same - they seemed much smoother and more fluid.

This is really cool. The Bane video looked really good, despite JA content. I was really impressed, and this looks really promising. Can't wait to see what projects like MBIII will do with Unreal.

And while the anims were the same - they seemed much smoother and more fluid.

I do agree but I'm worried about the copyright issues for them, they have great intentions and a great production but I'm afraid that they'll get  "shut down," as it were, for copyright violations.  I've seen it happen so many times... However Lucas Arts just got taken over by Disney so who knows?  Disney seem more lenient when it comes to things like this

I doubt MBIII will get shutdown. EA are fully aware of Star Wars Battlecry which is now a direct competition for Battlefront 3 and that project is still going strong with no C&D. ;)

The goal for JO in UDK is a fan-made movie of the game, so this should be fine as well.

I doubt MBIII will get shutdown. EA are fully aware of Star Wars Battlecry which is now a direct competition for Battlefront 3 and that project is still going strong with no C&D. ;)

The goal for JO in UDK is a fan-made movie of the game, so this should be fine as well.

Awesome news! I always thought using game's assets (in this case SW's) is perfectly fine as long as you're not commercializing the result. Why would they C&D a fan project that promotes their original work? I guess I just don't understand that and why people are apprehensive about it. :)

Nice. Kyle's face looks a little wide eyed xD.

Games that I would definitely love to see on UDK would have to be metroid prime 1, 2, and...well not 3, that's good where it is xD. (Yes, I know metroid prime 1 and 2 already run on the unreal engine 2 xD)

Alsooo, the source code is released. So basically ANYTHING is fine as long as you give credit, and if it's a mod, release your own source code alteration of the original, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong, @@therfiles

That's true for the code, not for the assets though.